Seems Like Old Times Reviews

• Aug 12, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (3.5/5) A decent comedy that feels a little dated, but is still worth quite a few chuckles. Duration/Tempo: (3/5) At 1 hour and 42 minutes, it's a shorter than average movie that felt average in length. Could have used a snappier pace considering its genre. Cast & Crew: (4/5) Nice chemistry between Goldie Hawn, Chevy Chase, and Charles Grodin. Grodin's excellent deadpan delivery rounded out the film beautifully. Summary: (3.5/5) The film could have used a snappier pace, but the story was good and the cast was bordering on excellent. A thumbs up.

• Feb 13, 2020

It's not often that I can finish a movie and feel truly satisfied. "Seems Like Old Times" is one of those rare treats - starring my favorite comedy couple, Goldie Hawn and Chevy Chase, with a heaping side of Charles Grodin.

• Jul 26, 2019

Funny enjoyable movie if somewhat dragging out and now dated.

Funny enjoyable movie if somewhat dragging out and now dated.

• Apr 07, 2018

I’ve enjoyed my previous experience with comedies written by Neil Simon, and Seems Like Old Times was no different. I watched this film all alone, and I could not stop laughing. That’s such a rare thing, for a movie to elicit big belly laughs from me without other people around. The writing in the script was perfect for my sense of humor. It has some grounded jokes, and then at times they crank up the silliness. If you don’t like the kind of wacky stuff that takes place in a slightly elevated reality this might not click for you, but I was loving it. Chevy Chase can do no wrong for me when it comes to comedies. His timing is astounding, and the delivery is perfect. Within the first 5 minutes of Seems Like Old Times, I was cracking up with the most simple joke, because from Chase it works. Goldie Hawn is great as the frazzled woman that gets caught in the middle of everything. She has some wild swings in personality at times, but I thought it worked with her in the role. And any time I can get some time enjoying Charles Grodin on screen I’m going to be happy. I probably could have done without the tag that came at the end of the film, but that was literally the only scene that didn’t click for me. Seems Like Old Times includes the kind of clever writing that works on the first viewing, but also contains some subtlety that will reward repeat viewings. It is a comedy that feels like it provides something for everyone, and has everything for me. It was so brilliant that I instantly started researching other Neil Simon films I need to see, and where I could buy a copy of this one.

• Mar 22, 2018

A definite laugh riot from start to finish, Seems Like Old Times is a funny and witty romantic comedy that showcases three terrific performances from Chevy Chase, Goldie Hawn and Charles Grodin.

• Nov 24, 2017

Apparently I need a LOT more Neil Simon in my life. His warm, snarky humor is just what I have always loved in the most classic romantic comedies; in fact, if this was shot in black and white, it would sit right along the best of the Hepburn and Grant era 40's screwballs. Yet even if you're just a fan of Chase's Fletch-like stylings, this will scratch that same itch, all while being much sweeter. A lovable and perfectly cast nearly-lost gem.

• May 02, 2017

Movie about a woman who has hide her ex-husband in her guest house, because he is on the run from the cops after he is kidnapped and forced to comitt a bank robbery. Kind of a silly chick flick. But I find it hilarious.

• Mar 08, 2017

One of my favorite Neil Simon movies of all times. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn team up with Charles Grodin to knock this one out of the park!

• Feb 04, 2017

It's like a bad sitcom, but long. Goldie tries really hard, but there's no saving this one. #dlmchallenge 25

• Nov 10, 2016

Good old fashioned Chevy and screwball!

Good old fashioned Chevy and screwball!