Separation City - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Separation City Reviews

July 14, 2014
Standard rom-com fare set in New Zealand. Some funny moments. And some relatability to the story.
September 28, 2012
I'm a sucker for drama comedies like this, so I really enjoyed it, and I loved the cast. Not the most original story in the world - at times it feels like a comedic version of 'We Don't Live Here Anymore' - but that doesn't stop it from being a good film.
½ November 26, 2011
Bit average. Men cheating on their wives , I love it when he just comes in his pants .
October 26, 2011
A light comedy on growing pains of marriage with lots of love triangles.
October 1, 2011
Mildly interesting, but ultimately nothing new here, and went nowhere. Funny in parts, but that's about it.
½ April 11, 2011
Quirky New Zealand comedy that has its moments but never really decides where to go. Could have been better.
½ January 26, 2011
a stark reality check for any long term marriage or partnership
½ January 3, 2011
I stumbled across this by chance, and really enjoyed it. This NZ produced movie is a quiet achiever...and allows the story to develop in a natural pace. Bringing in a couple of aussie actors in Joel Edgerton and Les Hill, this delightful comedy/drama makes us consider the age old question of finding the "right partner". Loved this from start to finish!!
August 12, 2010
Not bad I felt for Joel Edgerton is this film even though he cheated on his wife.
½ August 8, 2010
Better than 3 stars, but not by much. It's pretty much just about a bunch of guys cheating on their wives, which makes it hard to relate to most of the characters. There's some comedy intertwined...
August 1, 2010
Softly spoken comedy/drama that hits its target. Simple truths about marriage, fidelity and family laid out in an engaging way.
July 10, 2010
An attempt at a sex comedy. It doesn't work so well for me.
½ May 20, 2010
I liked this movie because it felt like a real movie.... It was an honest look at relationships through the beauty and ugliness and it didnt paint over anything. Worth a watch definitely.... Got to see a few good kiwi actors which was great as well :o)
½ May 14, 2010
I think this story's simplicity, characters and underlying supposition that "men and women just don't understand each other" (sigh) might have been quite at home. There are glimmers of the knockabout comedy it could have been. There are some brilliant one-liners, some funny moments but so much else falls flat.
½ March 3, 2010
Pretty repulsive New Zealand comedy. It's like being stuck in a claustrophobic room with people you can't stand for more than about 2 minutes ... for 100 minutes.
September 20, 2009
Wellington looks so good on the big screen - especially at The Embassy. I struggled with the story a little - cos all the women looked the same?! Some classic Tom Scott & co lines. And of course the most compassionate, open minded, best buddy who-will-stick-by-you character in the film was the journalist. How true to life is that?!