The Shawshank Redemption - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Shawshank Redemption Reviews

February 21, 2017
'The Shawshank Redemption' draws upon themes of hope and despair, bringing an engaging and often-times heartbreaking approach to the story, with thought-provoking writing and all-around great performances.
February 12, 2017
This is the one of the best film I ever watch. The best aspect of this film is script. I recommend for everyone.
½ February 9, 2017
"Get busy living or get busy fantasizing" that's what I say to myself everytime I think about him, that guy, youll know if you've read my other reviews. His beard extends below his waist and his hat canters so slightly off his perfectly shiny forehead- damn ther I go again. Oh well. This film is made as it portrays the mental prison I enclose myself in when I think about him, again great beard.
February 7, 2017
Based on the short story "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption" by Stephen King. A film about hope that leaves you on a high, although it walks a fine line between being grounded in reality and being overly sentimental. Both Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman are excellent in the lead roles.
February 6, 2017
The Brooks scene when he leaves the prison has to be in the top 5 movie scenes of all time surely! Cinematic genius
February 6, 2017
By far one of the best movies ever made by Hollywood
February 4, 2017
Just the best movie ever made.
February 4, 2017
Great movie I have never see before
February 3, 2017
One of th greatest films ever made!!!
February 3, 2017
Intelligent, inspirational and stunning. You will love the entire movie. It have it all. The Shawshank Redemption must be remembered as one of the best movies in film history.
February 1, 2017
Simply amazing story. An absolute classic.
January 31, 2017
Yes, I just watched this for the first time. Everyone talks about The Shawshank Redemption. Its the highest rated film on IMDb. I forced myself to finally sit down and see it. How was it? Did it hold up after all of these years? Hell yeah it did. From the opening scene, it pulls you in and keeps you invested. The character development is awesome. Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman have great chemistry, along with the supporting cast. I immediately wanted to watch it again!
January 28, 2017
I love it, everytime i see i cry, because the pretty of this movie is in the love to our lives
January 25, 2017
It is a Great Movie But it isn't A Perfect Movie.
½ January 25, 2017
this movie is da best! Supreme leader though it to be excellent. I go now, goodbye internet hello work camp!!!!!
January 14, 2017
Amazing film. Enough said.
½ December 29, 2016
Important topic and well-executed but too sad for me to watch it again any time soon.
December 29, 2016
With excellent performance and smart script, The Shawshank Redemption has become the one of the greatest drama film after The Godfather.
December 28, 2016
The so called critics were quite off on this masterpiece with their 91% overall rating. This is easily one of the very few 10 out 10 flawless movies of all time. Super great performances combining the human element to its fullest capacity. Many just do not know what they are blabbing about!
December 26, 2016
Excellent Movie, gets the point with Brooks being 'instutionalised' in prison quite brilliantly...