She's So Lovely Reviews

• Jul 06, 2017

Brilliantly acted, especially by Robin Wright, and filmed but behind this is absolute shallowness. What this movie tries to convey? That a modern woman can be and, moreover, should be so independent that her drunkness and whoreness must be evaluated as number 1 priority and no one should blame her, no one! Not even her three daughters. Sorry, girls. And year, that her jerk of a husband is a truly evil person here, no doubt.

• Apr 01, 2016

Hilarious, quite touching, but also puzzling.

Hilarious, quite touching, but also puzzling.

• Sep 20, 2015

Terrible ! Can't believe I waisted my time!

Terrible ! Can't believe I waisted my time!

• Feb 16, 2015

An eccentric walk on the wild side with amazing performances by Sean Penn and Robin Wright (who was married to Penn when the film was made).

• Oct 11, 2014

This bizarro comedy is flat-out hilarious. Sean Penn and John Travolta are awesome as the world's worst husbands. Robin Wright is fantastic as well. This is Cassavetes at their finest hours.

• Mar 17, 2013

Offbeat is the best way to describe this film. Quirky is another way. I hope Nick Cassavettes makes more films like this in the future, maybe with a little less meandering. Great performances by the cast, this was when Travolta was regaining his status as a bankable actor and he steals the show in very limited screen time. John Cassavettes sure did know how to write an unusual story. It takes a while to get going, but once it does it's thoroughly entertaining. Some great dialogue especially by Travolta.

• Feb 12, 2013

Full of John Cassavetes' sharp New Yorker jive and extravagantly lively characters. Sean Penn's performance should be ranked among his personal best, along with Milk and Dead Man Walking.

John B Super Reviewer
    Sep 28, 2012

It's been said before but I'll say it again here..this movie likely suffers because the elder Cassavettes didn't have the chance to film it. Cassavettes had a knack for bringing out great humanity out of his actors. I don't think his son succeeds here.

• Jul 23, 2012

A very good movie. Sad though.

A very good movie. Sad though.

• Jun 09, 2012

Great acting but overall kind of depressing. You Shakespeare fans out there will be happy though- full of wordy dialogue that at first sounds good but that we quickly realize has no meaning, but that pseudo intellectuals will claim has meaning for generations to come! Shakespearean, indeed!