Show Me Love (Fucking Åmål) Reviews

• Apr 02, 2017

To watch if you're still a teenager.

To watch if you're still a teenager.

• Nov 08, 2016

Poor bored teenagers. I'd like to see the sequel where Elin gets bored of a new exciting homosexual love. Still the picture is done extremely well, and looks very authentic.

• Jun 02, 2016

It's Scandanavian therefore it's pretty good albeit a teenage romance story. The acting is impressive and the whole film seems very real. You may get some funny looks if you recommend a film about teenage lesbianism in Sweden but this really isn't deserving any controversy, it's just a well made love story.

• Mar 17, 2016

Show me love isn't normal. Show me love has many interesting aspects to it. Unlike Blue is the warmest color, this movie has zero nudity in it. Even though this movie has no nudity in it, It still felt just as interested and heartfelt as Blue is the Warmest Color . And even more to add, it almost has no sexual tension. Show me love has a short and simple story to it, which somewhat infuriates me. This movie could have very well had a 3 hour premise to it, but instead it is a measly 2 hours and 9 minutes (129m). The character development almost goes nowhere because of how short it is. Show Me Love didn't give much explanation as to why Agnes was a lesbian, she just was. And the only explanation to why Elin wanted to be a lesbian was because guys are gross. This movie could have been as good as Blue is the Warmest color and possibly better, but lack of story detail falls this movie a tiny bit short.

• Oct 04, 2015

A terrific Swedish coming-of-age drama that portrays authentic teenage life, and captures complex emotions that adolescents go through. The characters are so fleshed out and so believable that sometimes they made me go "What the hell are you doing?! Don't do that!" That's when you know that you are completely invested in the story and connected to the characters. It is charming, honest, and very gentle, the way it's shot is very naturalistic, and the story goes by really quickly. At the end, it made me wish that it was 10 more minutes longer because I wanted to see where the story was going to go. Show Me Love is very much true to life. I adore this movie.

• Aug 03, 2015

Really Romantic Movie - Lots of Girl Power though be warned!

Really Romantic Movie - Lots of Girl Power though be warned!

• Dec 22, 2014

It is rare to see this level of honesty in a teenage drama about a serious subject, but Fucking Åmål does it, and does it well!

• Dec 22, 2014

Lukas Moodysson is remarkably adept at creating movies with credible, naturalistic representations of teen girls. This is an adorable after school special sort of story but with little of the artifice and a bit more grit.

• Nov 17, 2014

Moodysson's first critically acclaimed film, 'Fucking Amal', aka 'Show Me Love', is a poignant, funny and heartwarming tale about teenage love, and the associated fear of not getting it reciprocated. It also shows peer pressure, and how it limits people from being themselves. The ending to the story is quite inspiring and delightful. The actors playing the two lead protagonists are young and talented; they properly capture the emotions teenagers go through in their states of love, despair and helplessness. The characters around these two are also quite interesting, and they've been developed well too (like Agnes' father, Elin's sister, and Johan). These supporting actors also give commendable performances. Being in love, and often thinking we're the only ones going through it, can really be a lonely feeling. The most beautiful aspect of the movie is that it isn't the usual teenage romance cliché, and is set in such real world and emotions; most people could easily relate to at least one of the two leads. The pale-coloured cinematography and the documentary-style close-ups helps us get drawn into the lives of these characters. The editing is perfect; it keeps the movie short, simple and well-paced.

• Jul 26, 2014

a great story about love,growing up,and being yourself..it also has some funny parts.. im glad i checked it out.