Silence Like Glass Reviews

• Oct 22, 2012

You root for the cancer here, bc you are watching the overblown leads act like Angelica the Rugrat & Scrappy-doo respectively. Its so bland & uninspired -you'll need to talk to a real person after seeing it bc the fakeness & stereotyping is actually creepy. Sweeping attempt to make a bigger-than-life movie about dealing w cancer, but the music, script & acting fall flat, and the romanticized cinematography attempts to make the story seem large enough for everyone to sympathize or empathize with, but it only thuds of boring pomposity. Its a wooden Lifetime movie & appears to have Brian DePalma directing, except that nothing interesting happens, and all the attempts at seriousness in the script ring completely hollow. Otherwise, I love Jaime Gertz in Twister -hilarious- & Martha Plimpton in Eye of God - shocking & completely believable, almost too much so. Here, tho, they phoned it in - a sheer disgrace. I guess everyone has to pay the rent at times. I hate only a few movies, but this is clearly, eyerollingly, on that list. I'd rather see any number of anonymous ppl talk about their experience w cancer using natural honesty, humor & hubris rather than this self-important, bumbling, over-baked mess. Hated it. Period.

• Nov 07, 2011

Another movie of the week failing to live up to it's potential.

Another movie of the week failing to live up to it's potential.