Snatch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Snatch Reviews

June 9, 2017
This movie was really funny!!! Loved Brad Pitt in it!
jamrcla
June 6, 2017
A well done film that everyone must see, An amazing story, Fantastic cast and the film keeps us gripped with a great story and some funny dark British humour and from from start to finish it's very unpredictable.
½ June 4, 2017
Lo stile unico ed inimitabile di Guy Ritchie di certo si fa sentire in questo strano film, appartenente ad un genere tutto suo. Il regista e sceneggiatore riesce a creare una trama molto intensa e concentrata, con personaggi inusuali e anti-convenzionali che si scontrano in equivoci totalmente sopra le righe. Ci che d motore alla trama il classico oggetto che tutti vogliono, quello che Hitchcock chiamerebbe il MacGuffin della situazione, in una serie di inconvenienti dove il caso il reale protagonista. A differenza di altri film dello stesso regista, in questa pellicola la trama molto chiara e tutto sommato lineare, senza banali intoppi nella coerenza della trama come succede in suoi film pi recenti.
May 30, 2017
You'll be quoting this film for days after seeing it.
½ May 20, 2017
A weird, interesting black comedy, full of wit and vibrant style, that showcases the distinct, directorial talent of Guy Richie, while also indulging it's audience with the many talents of this ensemble cast.
May 6, 2017
Not aged particularly well
April 22, 2017
One of my favorite movies. The movie has action and humor.
½ April 9, 2017
This movie knows how to keep you entertained. It has three different story lines that connect as the movie goes on. Although the character development might not be as strong as one of Quentin Tarantino's films, I will not capitalize Snatch. The characters are still funny as heck and you can still get connected to them. If you haven't watched this movie you must watch it. It may be good but Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels feels more real and is the original Guy Ritchie film that started it all.
March 28, 2017
Flashy dashy. So this is about an unlicensed boxing promoter (Jason Statham) just trying to keep his head above water. There is a diamond the size of a fist being exchanged, entering and exiting a number of different unsavory hands, and when seedy people get greedy, the situation becomes complicated. Back in the 90's, there were a ton of directors who got inspired by Tarantino, and rightfully so. Between Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown, the man put together some of the best and most memorable crime movies of all time. Guy Ritchie is certainly a byproduct of that era, and Snatch is the best film in his library. Snatch may be aping Tarantino, but speaking candidly, there isn't a movie out there that apes him better, and it has the legs to stand on its own. Now I have heard criticism about this before, with people saying that this is style over substance. I do somewhat agree with that, but I don't mean that to be a knock on the substance. This is drenched in style from the opening credits to the end credits, and it is noticeable in a way that keeps the movie perpetually moving. Apart from that, there are extremely colorful characters, and they all have witty banter that is consistently being exchanged. Brad Pitt is playing an unintelligible gypsy character, and that was something that Guy Ritchie threw in there because there were so many critics that complained that they couldn't understand the cockney accents in the predecessor to this, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. That's him having fun, and intentionally making a character that even other people within the story have no idea what is being said by him. It has been seventeen years since this movie was released and it still holds up. Everything about this is macho and tough guy, and it all flows with fluency. There is a pleasing cadence to how the dialogue is written, and there is a terrific soundtrack that underlines all of the cool and constant camera tricks. It is slickly edited together in an inspired way, and if you like manly crime movies, than this is positively a must see.
½ March 14, 2017
When we are snatched, we must tell our side of the story. When naturally all good stories snatches our attention. When we are snatched by what we are attracted to, what puzzles us and what it means. When we snatched by some names that we remember, some words we recall, and some faces we never forget. What snatches us is a good heist we pull off. What snatches us is the rewards and payouts it brings. When naturally we are attracted to snatching shiny things when live in bummed parts. What snatches us is look and feel of power, the hurting we ought to give and winners that come out. When you don't want to be snatched by us when you suffer the consequences when you displease us and when your treated like a piece of meat that better perform. When we snatching comes natural to us when we hear the goods on some people to send the word. When we need to snatch from others whom have snatched. When we can't help but snatch something priceless, rare, and a great deal when it's free. When we snatch more then we bargain for when we are addicts and get hooked fast. When we can't help but snatch a profit for ourselves and look the part. When we snatch some spots of our own that we can stand freely unless scared off. When snatching comes easy when you live in some parts that are dodgy that you have to keep your eyes open. When snatching doesn't come easy when you settle all transactions with a fight. When some snatches are prized winners. When snatching comes easy when all transactions are handled in our snatch system ways where we always get what we want. When some snatches are worthless when we rely on others to snatch a good price. When snatching is easy when it's the only living we can get. When there plenty of snatches that keep us a float when we have bookies. When every snatch starts with a good plan, until we compromise it and everything goes wrong. When we are facing a drought of good snatches when all go down one by one. When we can easily fall in the grips of a snatch when we are in debt and when we lose somethings that aren't ours. When we need to get out of a snatch when our life depends on it. When there are plenty of snatches when there are plenty of hidden industries to exploit. When some snatches we enjoy the looks and no harm in and others we stay away from when it ain't us. When some snatches are easy when we grab them from the bottom of the barrel of other snatchers. When some snatches are harder then what they seem when they gave protocol for such issues and have tight security. When everyone falls into the snatch when they lose. When we are not in the business to force our way out of a snatch. When others do anything to get out of a snatch that pays us in return. When we don't fall into any snatch when we only fight for ourselves and have another fight for us too. When some snatches are blocked that we can't get in. When some snatches are easy when we know how our opponents mind works to pick the winner. When we have our own tricks up our slaves to pull out anything out of our snatch. When some snatches we are deep in that we don't know how to come out of. When all we need to do is snatch those involved and get rid of them or propose an offer they can't refuse. When all we need is to snatch someone whom is the next best thing when their legend proceeds them.

When we need to snatch a couple good snatchers to get us the news and information we need when they have the inside tips. When we have unreliable snatchers that we got to do the job ourselves and everyone has to pay a price for being in the snatch. When we snatch somethings by taking away another close to them to send the message you can't snatch us but we can snatch you to establish dominance. When some snatches find there way to us when we don't know that no one is looking at snatching us. When we need to snatch the snatchers to get out of a snatch. When some snatches we don't worry about when they are not snatchers whom we owe or are snatchers that don't know. When the only snatch we are, are the lady ones when we mock unprofessional snatchers. When we are not going to snatch all the time when we show mercy or are just plain lucky. When there are less snatchers the better when our odds improve. When less snatches means less we are in the snatch and we call it all off. when some snatchers we underestimate and get away. When we never go down to a snatch to keep fighting for ourselves, betting on ourselves and fending for ourselves when we hold all the odds, snatches and come out any snatch more alive and richer then ever before. When all our snatches are gone and we owe no one. When you never know what cards you will be dealt to come out a snatch and live a life to its fullest. When we all reach the end of our life to pay the last big snatcher before we know our next destination.
March 13, 2017
Great characters and dialogue. Gritty, raw and thoroughly entertaining.
March 12, 2017
Movie you can watch over and over must see. Brad pitt was funny went from pretty boy to real actor. Great character development and story telling.
March 7, 2017
That was pretty freakin good! :D
February 25, 2017
A fantastically funny and fast-paced thriller/comedy. It is filled with interesting and hilarious characters. Brad Pitt is fantastic as Mickey, making a very believable traveler, and a fantastic character. Alan Ford as Brick Top is a mean-hearted and cold-blooded killer, perfectly nailing his role as an old-school east-end crime boss. Rade Serbedzija and Vinnie Jones (respectively) are hilariously funny in their roles as Boris the Blade and Bullet Tooth Tony. All in all, this flick will have you laughing from the start, but it will also grip you and never let go.
February 1, 2017
Alright. Not really my kind of film and most of it I was rolling my eyes and thinking it was a bit silly. Worth watching for Brad Pitts deep Irish accent though
½ January 27, 2017
this movie is terrible because i had to do a quote on type racer and it was cancer that is all, watch the movie at your own risk..
January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 29, 2016
I thought this movie was a good movie. I thought the cast was good and I liked the plot. It could have been better, but it was good. It was funny and entertaining.
December 11, 2016
Arguably, the coolest movie ever made.
November 17, 2016
A film that proves that Britain can make intriguing crime capers just as well as Hollywood can, 'Snatch' is a fantastic (almost satirical) take on a dark subject, with clever interwoven plotlines, hilarious situations and a rather interesting new style. Featuring some brilliant acting bodies including Pitt, Del Toro, even Statham this time round, the film lures the audience into a seemingly dark and gritty London-set crime story, then piles on layers of comedy to produce a light-hearted caper definitely worth seeing!