Snatch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Snatch Reviews

½ October 24, 2016
A film that proves that Britain can make intriguing crime capers just as well as Hollywood can, 'Snatch' is a fantastic (almost satirical) take on a dark subject, with clever interwoven plotlines, hilarious situations and a rather interesting new style. Featuring some brilliant acting bodies including Pitt, Del Toro, even Statham this time round, the film lures the audience into a seemingly dark and gritty London-set crime story, then piles on layers of comedy to produce a light-hearted caper definitely worth seeing!
½ October 3, 2016
Well I liked Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels better but it doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy this, Colourful characters, Snappy lines, Great cast & great perfs, from Jason Statham & Brad Pitt to Ewen Bremner in his small role, And ofcourse a cool story, Just like LS&TSB nothing seems unnecessary here
½ August 30, 2016
An incredibly funny and well acted film by Guy Ritchie, with style to spare. There are plenty of cool characters and hilarious scenes, and even though the film is mostly dialogue driven and hard to understand through the thick accents at times, Snatch is an amazing time no matter what
August 15, 2016
an enjoyable gangster yarn. impressive stylized film
August 14, 2016
idk any of you but this film is a materpiece and the best film i watched
½ August 11, 2016
You could call it a messier version of "Reservoir Dogs," but one that delivers its own style and sense of humor.
August 7, 2016
Great British humor from an all round good director (at the time).
July 30, 2016
A well done film that is a film everyone must see, An amazing story fantastic cast that keeps us gripped from start to finish and very unpredictable.
July 25, 2016
Possibly one the best.
½ July 19, 2016
A fairly enjoyable Brit-flick with an outstanding cast.
July 18, 2016
This movie feels like it did a line of cocaine before I hit PLAY, and I'm glad it did.
½ June 26, 2016
lots of things going on, some humor. pretty entertaining overall.
½ June 25, 2016
Guy Ritchie at his best.
June 18, 2016
Although Snatch is superficially stylized, has a disjointed plot, as well as drab cinematography, its comedic moments and unique characters still make it an enjoyable watch.
½ June 15, 2016
Stylish, well directed, and snappy. Snatch is fun but is a classic example of style over substance with an overstuffed and convoluted plot.
Grade: B-
May 20, 2016
Snatch. (2001) ???
D: Guy Ritchie. Jason Statham, Brad Pitt, Benicio Del Toro, Dennis Farina, Vinnie Jones, Rade Serbedzija, Alan Ford. Funny follow-up to LOCK, STOCK AND TWO SMOKING BARRELS puts several criminals in a fight to find a priceless stolen diamond. Sounds conventional, but it ain't! Fast-moving, slick entertainment, with style, energy, and cleverness to spare. Pitt is especially amusing, playing an Irish Gypsy with an accent that's totally inaudible. Written by the director.
½ May 19, 2016
Another great Guy Richie film, but it has Bricktop. Bricktop is the best part of this movie. Only problem is it follows all the same beats of Lock Stock.
May 8, 2016
Muy buena opcion de Netflix , el perro se lleva la movie...
May 7, 2016
5/7/2016: A great movie! The cast was great and the story was unique and funny.
½ May 6, 2016
I can't remember ever experiencing anything like what happened while I watched Snatch. I started out completely puzzled by the story and befuddled by who the characters were and how they fit together. But just as I was about to get a little irritated, suddenly stories started to intersect. Then the laughs started to flow, and I was catching onto what was happening. Out of nowhere, not only did I know and connect with all the characters, but I was fully invested in what would happen next. I just love the way that the story is told with a lot of separate little scenes that intersect, but you don't realize they are connected until you see it from all the different perspectives. The final scenes which bring everything full circle are the kind of moments that make me want to stand up and applaud even when I'm watching by myself on a DVD. Snatch is a really great script and is executed very well. I can see myself watching it again, now that I know the ending, and picking up on all kinds of little things I missed the first time. The cast is really great, and I was particularly surprised by Brad Pitt just disappearing into that accent to the point where I started to forget who I was watching. Guy Ritchie has a particular style/look to his films that I thought suited this story really well, although it threatens to be distracting in some cases. Perhaps the strangest choice was the narration over just a handful of the scenes with Jason Statham. Because of the fragmented way the story was told, it seemed odd to have only his scenes where we are given that narration to make sense of the story. It seems like they would have gone with full narration on all the stories, or none at all. It wasn't a big detriment to the film, but it was an unusual choice. Still, I quite loved watching Snatch, and would recommend it highly to others.