Reviews

• Aug 25, 2019

how can i see the movie

how can i see the movie

• Nov 06, 2016

This is Korea's take on 'Topgun', half of it filled with pop love story. Gotta love the several minutes of dog fights. LOL.

• Jul 11, 2015

Not so bad as I expected: South Korean movie about pilots, with heavy inspiration from Top Gun. Actings are ok, sometimes inclined to a funny side, plot a little simple, but the aerial action scenes are nice. 6,0 / 10,0

• Feb 23, 2015

AKA Black Eagle, Soar Into the Sun, Windfighters, is a remake of a Korean movie from the 60's. Not having seen that, it reminds me a lot of Top Gun. Rain (Korea's Justin Timberlake) takes the role of Tom Cruise, a daredevil pilot that flies too close to things and gets people to spill coffee. The planes are more advanced, Rain flies an F-15 Eagle instead of an F-14 Tomcat (which foreshadowed TomKat). The enemies are real MiG-29s, instead of fictional MiG-28s. Cool shots of a battle over Seoul, too long and dramatic. Intense dogfights and some beautiful slow-mo make for some exhilarating action scenes.

• Dec 23, 2014

Finally got to see this "Korean Top Gun" film starring Rain. The movie starts out slow then picks up towards the end. The movie actually has similarities to several movies and TV shows all mixed into one including Top Gun, Behind Enemy Lines, The Rock, and the animation Robotech. So if you are a fan of the above then this one would be worth watching. I give this movie 4 stars for overall entertainment value but ding it 1 star for originality.

• Jul 25, 2014

Honestly, I have been waiting for a movie like this for a longgggggggg time. I have to admit that the CGi in this movie is surprisingly good. All the chasing and dogfight made me felt like i'm in the Ace Combat, but the drawback is the storyline and dialogues. they're quite soft for a situation like this. Lastly, they should put more afford on "Reality" like since when Strike Eagle was that good in a dogfight? and how the heck they could manage to wiped out North Korean base with two fighter?

• Sep 29, 2013

Nice production values and a cute romance can't save Return to Base: Black Eagle from falling into cliche territory. Its steeped in extreme melodrama, and is ferociously manipulative by developing a side character and his engagement, only to kill him off for forced emotion. The film has American soldiers who try to get in the heroes way, and even have most of the cast in anxious mode at the end when the hero doesn't immediately return, when we know full well he will. It blatantly rips off Top Gun, but at a lengthy 2 hours it never gets very exciting or memorable.

• Sep 17, 2013

It's South Korean Top Gun. All the good flying movie tropes are observed. It delivers what it's selling.

• Jul 30, 2013