Starcrossed Reviews

• Jul 10, 2019

I love most anything James Spader does, and as usual, he doesn't disap

I love most anything James Spader does, and as usual, he doesn't disap

• Dec 27, 2017

Weird and poorly made sci-fi romance TV movie about an alien (Belinda Bauer) with an 1980s Human League short haircut who is on the run from alien hitmen and is rescued and romanced by a young James Spader. The romance isn't all the compelling and the action elements are not all that exciting either. The only real point of interest is seeing Spader in an early leading role, getting to play the hero instead of his usual 80s smarmy jerk supporting parts (i.e. "Pretty in Pink," "Mannequin," "Less Than Zero," etc.), although I suppose he did get to play the hero of "Tuff Turf." For an actress I hadn't really heard of before, Bauer is quite good as the alien. After looking at her filmography, I saw that she played a memorable villain in "Robocop 2" and was in "Winter Kills" and "Flashdance," but I don't remember her in those two films. There's also a good score by the underrated composer Gil Melle. Overall, this is a pretty bad movie that's made watchable by two good leads.

• Jun 23, 2014

I got bored while watching this movie. I never liked Si-Fi. I like all James Spader parts

• Aug 13, 2012

The worst of 80's Sci-fi / Romance. Dire.

The worst of 80's Sci-fi / Romance. Dire.

• Jul 04, 2011

A cute, if completely forgettable movie about an alien woman and a doofy young man and the romance that buds between them. There's not much to recommend it. But if you enjoy very, very 80s films or the performances of a young James Spader, then check this one out.

• Mar 22, 2011

A fun sci-fi TV movie with the cutest guy ever, James Spader! You can tell it's an 80s TV movie, it's kinda cheesy, but still, it has some unique sci-fi elements like the light ship. If you're a fan of Spader, like me, you'll want to check this one out, it's a romantic and fun sci-fi flick!

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Mar 22, 2011

This is a sweet romantic sci-fi movie with some good actors, and I enjoyed it, but the dialogue is pretty bad most of the time and the story isn't as good as it could be. Overall, it's pretty good, though, and like I said, I enjoyed it.

• Mar 17, 2011

this is the best movie i've ever seen and i've only seen ten minutes of it so far.

• Jul 12, 2009

It is boring but it's a good chance to see a young James Spader.

It is boring but it's a good chance to see a young James Spader.

• Apr 27, 2009

This sounds like a potential winner with Bauer and Spader as co-stars but the movie is ruined by the God-Awful soundtrack and the banal script. If you like goofy 80s films this might work for you but I think there are a lot better ways to spent 90 minutes.