Stella Street Reviews

• Mar 14, 2012

Not nearly as good as the series. The impressions by Phil Cornwell and John Sessions (plus Ronni Ancona) are still great, and spot-on, but, beyond that, the movie is quite weak. Has some incredibly funny moments, but many flat spots too.

• May 17, 2010

I laughed my ass of with several scenes! This is just mocking the big celebs, a, in my opinion good satire of the time that remarkably several pop stars and moviestars moved in on stella street! Only 3 actors carry this flick outstandingly, for sure Phil with Micheal Cane, thats true! some characters i wasnt aware that it was Phil and John who did them.Some are done better than others, but surely the main characters are great!pretty hilarious situations occur, all gets tangled, some excitement, a lot of weirdness. enjoyed it a lot!

• Dec 14, 2009

The concept is interesting, the film is not. A not very funny comedy, with a stupid plot, uninspired acting and misguided direction. There is some very real talent in the celebrity impersonations though.

• Nov 21, 2008

Loved Stella St. as a TV series, unfortunately it doesn't work so well as a feature film. This worked so well on TV as the inherent randomness of what you were seeing was surreal. The fact that you had Jack Nicholson and Joe Pesci etc. living in Suburbia next to Jimmy Hill in this little world is just nuts. The cast are great, especially loved John Sessions take on Joe Pesci and Al Pacino, very nice work indeed. The problem here is that the story is not that great. It's a shame really. I'm a huge fan of Peter Richardson, his work on the Comic Strip presents in the 80's was phenomenal. I just don't think that this plays to his strengths. Whilst I'm not a huge fan of this, it has left me hankering for the show, which is a good thing.

• Nov 10, 2008

I don't like impressionists as a rule - so why did I watch a 80 minute film starring impressionists - and John Sessions - I hear you ask - good question. Dull as dishwater

• Nov 09, 2008

wow what a good movie 2 watch....imn a really huge fan of the tv show because its so really enjoyable n its just so really funny as well but this is a good take of from the hit tv show of the same name,,,its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.,..i think that the director of this Art House & International, Drama, Comedy movie had done a really good job of directing this movie its really enjoyable as well...i think that phil cornwell who plays jack nicholson is great at playing him because he is a really funny man..its a good Art House & International, Drama, Comedy movie 2 watch but i think i prefer the tv show because its much better but there both so good n funny in there own ways

• Oct 22, 2008

The series was much funnier then the movie i felt bored with this film i prefer the series over the film.

• May 08, 2008

this is disapointing. after being a fan of the tv serise and looking for a cheap fix i picked up the straight to dvd movie. sadley it dosent hold up against the tv serise. it starts almost like a remake ignoring whats gone before it, and loyle fans of the tv show. the impresions dont seem as good. and theyv left out loads of grear charicters. the likes of dirk bogard and roger moore are missed. it struggles too genarate many laughs. check out the 4 seasons of the show that you can get on dvd insted.

• Mar 13, 2008

louise gave it 5 stars not 1 star

louise gave it 5 stars not 1 star

• Dec 29, 2007

A pointless and poorly done remake of the excellent TV series. Buy Stella Street Season 3 instead - that's really good.