Stuart Little Reviews

• 2d ago

I grew up watching this movie and it has tons of appeal to even though I'm much older now, it is a great family movie that will entertain kids for its entire runtime. Michael J. Fox provides some excellent voice work as Stuart Little himself, I never thought that he was perfect for the role, but he does a great job giving the character emotion. Hugh Laurie is my personal favorite in this film, he does a spot on American accent which is very impressive, he also plays the father of this story and you actually feel that he cares for his children and really wants what's best for them. Geena Davis is also pretty good, she delivers the raw motherly emotion that is very realistic and relatable, she feels like a real mother who loves her family. Jonathan Lipnicki was good enough in his role, but just isn't in the movie as much as you would expect and he gets perhaps the least development, though he does learn to accept and love Stuart as a part of the family which was very sweet and heartwarming. Nathan Lane was actually very good as a cat that learns to become friends with Stuart throughout the course of the film, he had a great arc, he is also the only one that is not mesmerized by Stuart and thinks of things realistically. By far the best part of this movie is the amazing score that was originally composed by Alan Silvestri, he brings a great funky jazz feel to the film that somehow makes every scene interesting and fun to watch, he composed oscar worthy music. The only thing that I really didn't like is when two random mouses come and take Stuart away, it is super unrealistic and takes you out of the movie a bit too much. Obviously this movie was based on a children's novel, I mean, it is about a sentient mouse who gets adopted into a family, but though it sounds simple, it invokes emotions deep within you that resonate for a while. I genuinely cared about the characters and felt love and sympathy towards them, it gets me so invested into the story as well, top it all off with an amazing score and you get an above-average family movie with tons of heart and a great cast.

• Jan 10, 2020

I fucking hate Stuart little. This piece of shit has done nothing but ruin the earth ever since it was made. Do not watch this fucking disgusting excuse for a film.

• Dec 15, 2019

I loved Stuart Little so much even if they say "Every little in the world can find this house."

• Sep 30, 2019

Charming film, along with its first sequel - the second one doesn't exist...

Charming film, along with its first sequel - the second one doesn't exist...

• Aug 19, 2019

While some of the CGI and compositing is rather outdated by today's standards and the script (courtesy of M. Night Shyamalan) can come off as cutesy to the point it's disgusting, the charming title character and the likable performances from the live actors and the voice actors, including Michael J. Fox as well as the occasionally funny moment make Stuart Little a decent live-action/CGI family film.

• May 15, 2019

A nice film I grew up with and still enjoy today.

A nice film I grew up with and still enjoy today.

• May 12, 2019

god i hate stuart little

god i hate stuart little

• Apr 16, 2019

Stuart Little is the scum of the earth. He caused both world wars. This is a horrible movie made by a despicable, horrifying criminal.

• Apr 10, 2019

A light family fable with deep relatability, a great animal voice cast and impressive visuals (and cat coordination), this adoption parable is short and juvenile but definitely worth it.

• Feb 11, 2019