Summer City Reviews

• Mar 13, 2019

Summer city was a really good movie. It was actually my first time watching it and it was very great. I finally got to watch Mel Gibsonâ(TM)s first movie back when he was extremely young in his younger days. Mel Gibson was like 21 years old when he did summer city. I thought it was pretty cool seeing Mel Gibson when he was a lot younger. Such a unique story about being on a beach and hanging out with friends. I really did enjoy it.

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Aug 30, 2013

Horrible film. It's hard to understand anything at all because of the accents, sound quality, and the story in general. I'm sure there's drama in there somewhere, but they needed to make it clearer.

• Oct 27, 2012

A carefree summer ends tragically for four young guys after one seduces an underage teen. Salvages itself at the end. Really took a while to get to the point. Hard to understand the dialogue in parts due to the poor sound and Australian accents.

• Oct 13, 2011

Not the best Mel Gibson movie but he sure looked great!!!

Not the best Mel Gibson movie but he sure looked great!!!

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Oct 07, 2011

A teen morality tale, much like the American films of the late fifties and early sixties, told Aussie style, that also happens to be the film debut of Mel Gibson. Interesting to catch a glimpse of life Down Under reflective of American surf culture. Released in 1977!

• Apr 07, 2011

• Sep 02, 2010

it turns into a slasher-horror towards the end!

it turns into a slasher-horror towards the end!

• Apr 21, 2009

Ho-hum Aussie effort with friends getting away to the surf for a weekend which ends in disaster. Deservedly drifted into obscurity and notable only for being Mel Gibson & Steve Bisley's film debuts, who would reteam in MAD MAX.

• Feb 24, 2009

This was a light hearted surfer type movie from the early seventies and it was good to see al these aussie male actors such as Mel Gibson,Jarratt and Bisley when they were still young and just starting out.The end was a bit tragic but serves himself right for sleeping around so recklessly.It was written and produced buy an aussie called Avalon who was linked with that great tv show called Number 96.

• Jan 08, 2008

Wierd film...reminded me of a Spaghetti western with the cinematography. Liked Mel, but couldn't hardly understand the script