Summer of the Monkeys Reviews

• May 28, 2018

Sales pitch: "Hey, we could make a movie from that one book that everyone loves by Willson Rawls." "You mean Where The Red Fern Grows?" "No, Summer Of The Monkeys" "Oh. Well, that book has like fifty moneys in it, and I don't think it would be easy to train them all for the shooting. Someone might get bitten." "How about we just trim it down to four monkeys?" "That sounds like a good idea." "And maybe to make it easier, and for the audience to like it more, let's take out every memorable and good moment from the book, and replace it with something dumb and pointless to the story." "Brilliant!" That's what Summer Of The Monkeys Is. It takes a classic book and destroys it, There are no successful heartfelt moments, random scenes that have nothing to do with the story whatsoever, and the characters are weak. I would highly recommend the book to a friend, but the movie is painful to watch (In the wrong way), weird, pointless, boring, and is just plain bad.

• Jan 07, 2013

omg i saw this movie a long time ago and now i want to see it again soo bad lol

omg i saw this movie a long time ago and now i want to see it again soo bad lol

• Reid V Super Reviewer
    Feb 23, 2012

Someone at Disney definitely got canned for green-lighting this film. Possibly even shot and dismembered with an old buoy knife.

• Jul 23, 2011

i loved this movie as a kid.

i loved this movie as a kid.

• Jan 17, 2011

Summer of the Monkeys VHS Summer of the Monkeys DVD Summer of the Monkeys Book

Summer of the Monkeys VHS Summer of the Monkeys DVD Summer of the Monkeys Book

• Oct 22, 2010

I know that I have watched this, but I do not remember much about it.

I know that I have watched this, but I do not remember much about it.

• Coxxie M Super Reviewer
    Dec 21, 2009

summer of the monkeys... ha oh my god i used to love this. Not because its a good movie, but because i used to like monkeys.

• Mar 16, 2009

A swing and miss for Disney though it does have its moments.

A swing and miss for Disney though it does have its moments.

• Mar 14, 2009

Not as good as you might expect from a Disney production (though in my mind Disney has always been a bit overrated). The acting at times was watchable at other times it was horrid (at least for a Disney title). The film itself wasn't anything to jeer at but at the same time it wasn't anything to cheer for either, not to mention it was very very perdictable.

• Jan 08, 2009

This is a great family movie that makes you want to cry!

This is a great family movie that makes you want to cry!