Ted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ted Reviews

½ March 15, 2017
One of the best comedies I've ever seen. Recommended!
½ March 7, 2017
Well-written and hilarious, Ted is definitely offensive, but it WILL leave you laughing away....
March 4, 2017
Funny as hell but a little slow at times.
½ February 24, 2017
I don't like Family Guy... So will I like Ted???
February 23, 2017
Hysterical idea. A simple plot of a kid who wishes his stuffed teddy bear could talk to him, and it comes true. From the creator of the animated comedy known as Family Guy comes a full length feature that lovers of MacFarlane's witty random jokes will most likely find fun, funny, and unexpected. Wahlberg has quite a decent funny side as he portrays the grown up version of Ted's wishful creator around 25 years later. It's a battle between a promise of his girlfriend's life versus his best friend's life, featuring some ultra whacky and hardcore moments to keep the comedy on it's feet. I never really even heard of Flash Gordon when I first saw this, but I can tell older fans will have quite an amazing throwback. Only MacFarlane knows how to make a random plot and make it comedically interesting. Overall, the movie was pretty good.
February 21, 2017
Ted is one of the best movies I have seen in a while. The cast did a great job with all the characters who are so interesting to me. I also liked seeing them change throughout the film. The movie had a bit of everything, action, drama and lots of humour. After watchng a few minutes of Ted, I knew Seth MacFarlane was heavily involved, it was clear that Ted was his kind of humour (which I find hilarious). Seth MacFarlane was able to write, direct, create and star in an amazing film, it proves that he can really do it all. Overall, Ted is an awesome film which I will always recommend to anyone. :)
January 28, 2017
Ted is a good movie, and like I said it's really funny, the story is weak sure but everything else it good so I give this a 7/10
January 14, 2017
Definitely the BEST adult-comedy i've ever seen. Ted is sure to make you have a good laugh. You'll probably laugh so much you'll die of suffocation.
½ January 14, 2017
This was pretty hilarious!
½ January 6, 2017
This is hilarious! It's almost everything you would expect from a Seth MacFarlane movie! It's crude just for the fun of it and is unapologetic about it. However, there is also a romantic charm to it as well, which was a nice touch. If you like Family Guy, you should like this.
January 3, 2017
Hit and miss, but it's still funny enough.
December 18, 2016
An essential modern comedy movie to see, I just loved Ted, it's a great, funny, full of fun crude humor, and even a bit sentimental sometimes, movie. With so many great actors, and a cool script, Ted is one hell of a funny flick. I definitely recommend it!!
December 15, 2016
I'm going to paraphase Joe Morgenstern (who gave Ted a poor rating) from the Wall Street Journal. He stated everything in Ted goes on too long including Wahlberg's indecisiveness in his relationship. I agree, but from a positive standpoint.

It is true that Ted is one long joke. It is true that Wahlberg spends a long time playing childish games, smoking pot and hanging out with his buddy Ted, the bear. But with any film there needs to be a central problem. Problem is that John Bennett (Mark Wahlberg) can't move on with his life due to his twenty-seven year bromance with Ted. His girlfriend, Mila Kunis has had monk like patience but is wanting to move forward.

It is necessary to create hurdles of mischief and mindless banter if that is what drives the film. Mischief and mindless banter are indeed the motive here. But intertwined in the mix is a story of a man that needs to grow up. So, yes, you indeed have an overlong joke of a man and his bear but when that is clearly the focus, there's no problem.

Ted had moments of classic, fall out of your seat jokes and also had dull, not so funny ones. To understand the humor, you need to understand the man. That man is Seth MacFarlane, brain child of Family Guy and voice of Ted. The humor is odd, unconventional and downright stupid but it is a brand that has been cemented by MacFarlane. His humor does not always land or strike the right chord, but when it does, tears of laughter ensue.

Many have said this is just a two hour Family Guy movie but I completely disagree. This is a genuine feature film with a few surprise cameos that don't overpower the film. Wahlberg is perfect as the lead and should be considered for more comedy roles. Kunis was delightful and just not eye candy. Kunis could potentially transition into leading lady provided the right role. Then there is Ted. Brilliantly voiced by MacFarlane and somehow makes it work longer than a sitcom running time.

Ted was not only funny but full of heart from the beginning. It makes you cry but keeps bringing the jokes. I'm a fan of Ted and his foul mouth but an even bigger fan of MacFarlane's leap from small to big screen. He does need some work with consistency and pacing in the future, but for a first feature film with equal heart and laughs, I can't complain.
December 1, 2016
i have not watched this movie yet b u t from the sounds of it and what people have told me about it it is a really funny movie
November 28, 2016
The unique premise outstays its welcome, and nearly all of the humor feels like stiff, leftover Family Guy jokes.
October 17, 2016
Creator of popular shows such as Family Guy and American Dad, Seth MacFarlane leaps on to the big screen with the comedy, Ted. A young boy's wish brings a teddy bear to life and an unbreakable bond between the two is formed. However, as they grow up, life creeps in to their wholesome life as Ted becomes a washed out child star while his friend, played by Mark Wahlberg is in a job going no where. The college mentality between the two friends puts a strain on Wahlberg's relationship with the stunning Mila Kunis, forcing him to make a tough choice.

Mark Wahlberg, known more for his action and intense roles has transitioned in to comedy rather successfully and doesn't disappoint in this feature. Kunis, tagged the sexiest woman alive by esquire, has a long history of working with MacFarlane and plays her role adequately. As Ted, MacFarlane will keep you laughing and all the 80s references are icing for those who remember that era.

With a host of amusing cameos, MacFarlane hits another home run with this refreshing comedy that will undoubtedly spawn a sequel. This is definitely worth a watch, just make sure it's without your kids!
September 24, 2016
A pretty creative idea with mostly fresh jokes from MacFarlane. I personally think Wahlberg is at his best in comedic roles and this film works largely because of him.
½ September 5, 2016
One of the funniest comedies in years
½ August 31, 2016
Nice buddy comedy, it's hilariously funny and has heart
August 25, 2016
One of my favorite comedies - Ted is a great film about living your life and doing things without being judged.. that's what I got out of it! Seth MacFarlane ' s best film!