Ted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ted Reviews

January 14, 2017
Definitely the BEST adult-comedy i've ever seen. Ted is sure to make you have a good laugh. You'll probably laugh so much you'll die of suffocation.
½ January 14, 2017
This was pretty hilarious!
½ January 6, 2017
This is hilarious! It's almost everything you would expect from a Seth MacFarlane movie! It's crude just for the fun of it and is unapologetic about it. However, there is also a romantic charm to it as well, which was a nice touch. If you like Family Guy, you should like this.
January 3, 2017
Hit and miss, but it's still funny enough.
December 18, 2016
An essential modern comedy movie to see, I just loved Ted, it's a great, funny, full of fun crude humor, and even a bit sentimental sometimes, movie. With so many great actors, and a cool script, Ted is one hell of a funny flick. I definitely recommend it!!
December 15, 2016
I'm going to paraphase Joe Morgenstern (who gave Ted a poor rating) from the Wall Street Journal. He stated everything in Ted goes on too long including Wahlberg's indecisiveness in his relationship. I agree, but from a positive standpoint.

It is true that Ted is one long joke. It is true that Wahlberg spends a long time playing childish games, smoking pot and hanging out with his buddy Ted, the bear. But with any film there needs to be a central problem. Problem is that John Bennett (Mark Wahlberg) can't move on with his life due to his twenty-seven year bromance with Ted. His girlfriend, Mila Kunis has had monk like patience but is wanting to move forward.

It is necessary to create hurdles of mischief and mindless banter if that is what drives the film. Mischief and mindless banter are indeed the motive here. But intertwined in the mix is a story of a man that needs to grow up. So, yes, you indeed have an overlong joke of a man and his bear but when that is clearly the focus, there's no problem.

Ted had moments of classic, fall out of your seat jokes and also had dull, not so funny ones. To understand the humor, you need to understand the man. That man is Seth MacFarlane, brain child of Family Guy and voice of Ted. The humor is odd, unconventional and downright stupid but it is a brand that has been cemented by MacFarlane. His humor does not always land or strike the right chord, but when it does, tears of laughter ensue.

Many have said this is just a two hour Family Guy movie but I completely disagree. This is a genuine feature film with a few surprise cameos that don't overpower the film. Wahlberg is perfect as the lead and should be considered for more comedy roles. Kunis was delightful and just not eye candy. Kunis could potentially transition into leading lady provided the right role. Then there is Ted. Brilliantly voiced by MacFarlane and somehow makes it work longer than a sitcom running time.

Ted was not only funny but full of heart from the beginning. It makes you cry but keeps bringing the jokes. I'm a fan of Ted and his foul mouth but an even bigger fan of MacFarlane's leap from small to big screen. He does need some work with consistency and pacing in the future, but for a first feature film with equal heart and laughs, I can't complain.
December 1, 2016
i have not watched this movie yet b u t from the sounds of it and what people have told me about it it is a really funny movie
November 28, 2016
The unique premise outstays its welcome, and nearly all of the humor feels like stiff, leftover Family Guy jokes.
October 17, 2016
Creator of popular shows such as Family Guy and American Dad, Seth MacFarlane leaps on to the big screen with the comedy, Ted. A young boy's wish brings a teddy bear to life and an unbreakable bond between the two is formed. However, as they grow up, life creeps in to their wholesome life as Ted becomes a washed out child star while his friend, played by Mark Wahlberg is in a job going no where. The college mentality between the two friends puts a strain on Wahlberg's relationship with the stunning Mila Kunis, forcing him to make a tough choice.

Mark Wahlberg, known more for his action and intense roles has transitioned in to comedy rather successfully and doesn't disappoint in this feature. Kunis, tagged the sexiest woman alive by esquire, has a long history of working with MacFarlane and plays her role adequately. As Ted, MacFarlane will keep you laughing and all the 80s references are icing for those who remember that era.

With a host of amusing cameos, MacFarlane hits another home run with this refreshing comedy that will undoubtedly spawn a sequel. This is definitely worth a watch, just make sure it's without your kids!
September 24, 2016
A pretty creative idea with mostly fresh jokes from MacFarlane. I personally think Wahlberg is at his best in comedic roles and this film works largely because of him.
½ September 5, 2016
One of the funniest comedies in years
½ August 31, 2016
Nice buddy comedy, it's hilariously funny and has heart
August 25, 2016
One of my favorite comedies - Ted is a great film about living your life and doing things without being judged.. that's what I got out of it! Seth MacFarlane ' s best film!
½ August 13, 2016
Funny, but got dragged on a bit. Obviously something just for the laughs. Watch it if you want to have fun.
½ August 10, 2016
Ted is the directorial and writing debut of Seth MacFarlane, and it stars Mark Wahlberg, Seth MacFarlane, and Mila Kunis in a comedy film about John Bennett (Mark Wahlberg) whose wish came true of his teddy bear coming to life, and decades later, he's with the life of his life, but he's also living with a talking teddy bear, and that is a problem for their relationship. When I've seen this for the first time, I didn't watch any of the TV shows by Seth MacFarlane, I only saw him in Hellboy 2, and I thought he was hilarious in that as he is in this film when I first saw it. But now that I've seen the sequel and reviewed it, I think it's time for me to come back to this hilarious film once again. Mark Wahlberg and Seth MacFarlane have terrific chemistry that I was convinced they they are best friends, and they a lot of great laughs in this. I also like the chemistry between Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis as they also brought some laughs and are an adorable couple. The jokes were all solid, even the ones that were like the "Family Guy" moments as the characters in this are very likable. When Giovanni Ribisi was in this, he acts very weird, but he gives a laugh, which is more then I can say for the sequel where he was very creepy in an awkward way that doesn't give me a laugh. The only small problem that I have with, is that some plot moments are predictable because the plot is your typical raunchy comedy. With that said, Ted is a really great film that shows why something like this works, and maybe Seth MacFarlane should stick with films.
½ August 10, 2016
I'm a huge fan of Family Guy and Seth Macfarlene. That being said, I loved this movie. It took the idea of a toy coming to life and spun it in a direction never seen before. While the plot seems like it could've been a bit better and less sporadic, the humor makes up for it. Mila Kunis and Mark Wahlberg are great.
August 5, 2016
A very funny comedy with a very obscene humor, which curiously doesn't come out offensive from a teddy bear's mouth, but it is also surprisingly warm and sincere, showing Ted as a complex character and making him totally believable with a flawless animation job.
August 2, 2016
Ted is definitely a decent comedy and one that I enjoy watching very much. I like the cast in Ted such as Mark Wahlberg one of my favourite and Mila Kunis who voices Meg Griffin in Family Guy also a favourite of mine. Seth MacFarlane directs Ted and for his first film that he directed I think he did a pretty good job. He chose his cast well for Ted and I like the fact that he is the voice of Ted himself. Some sad moments in Ted which actually got me a little emotional. I think Ted is definitely a good comedy and a good film however I am going no further than 4 stars with Ted as I found some of the jokes went a little far at times. Other than the fact that the jokes went a little far sometimes I enjoy Ted I think it is a good film and 4 stars is still a decent score and I think it is the right score. Good comedy.
July 31, 2016
Beyond funny! Not every movie needs a deeper meaning. If you want to laugh, this is the right movie to watch!
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
A really funny smart comedy that fires jokes from everywere they can, Allot of Family Guy humour so if you're a fan you will enjoy it more, A must watch film, My favorite comedy of the year.