Ted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ted Reviews

June 18, 2018
Seth MacFarlane was finally allowed to go balls-out and take his vulgar, insulting, dry humor to an R-rated movie. And clearly he enjoyed it. Showing the blurry line between TV and movies these days, Ted is only slightly worse than his show, "Family Guy," tastefully speaking. "Ted" is very funny with co-star Mark Wahlberg perfectly cast as a dim-witted Bostonian trying to grow up without needing his lifelong companion, "Ted.". The premise is genius, wrapping such vulgarity around a childish fantasy, but where "Ted" goes wrong for me is that it seemed entirely too much like everything else Seth has done. Seth is obviously one of the funniest comedy writers out there, but what Seth needs to do is take some lessons from Trey Parker and Matt Stone. While Seth might be bold in his content, the delivery is always in a one-liner mode. The South Park guys deliver their vulgarity is better stories, dialogue and with an honesty that they really aren't interested in sugar-coating the insult. Seth's writing always comes across as intentionally shocking with a back-handed , "what? What did say?" attitude afterward. "Ted" was cute, very funny, but in a cowardly way. However, I can say that I'll never look at parsnips in the same way again.
½ April 13, 2018
'ted' is pubescent and offensive, not funny; it's all too predictable and at times feels like seth macfarlane made the movie for himself, rather than the audience. the sequences of jokes throughout constantly fall flat until it's a train wreck.
March 23, 2018
Muy entretenida, la historia no flaquea en ningún momento y el humor a lo largo de toda la película es irreverente y muy original.
½ March 15, 2018
Vulgar, juvenile and not as bad as you would expect. This one joke movie tries and fails to get a lot of mileage out of one gag. This could have worked for a Saturday night live sketch but for a movie it repeats and repeats the same gag and is just boring after 30 mins.
March 10, 2018
So here's what I was expecting. I was expecting something a lot more stupider then this was,, but no, Ted actually did have a bit of a heart of gold to it, in between all the offensive jokes. I actually liked it a lot.
March 10, 2018
love the humor and jokes in this flicks. although having ups and downs it's an amazing flick.
½ February 25, 2018
Mediocre at best, terribly unfunny at worst. I only found myself laughing twice, that being when a coked-up Sam Jones tackles Wan Ming, and when Mark Wahlberg hits some guy with a microphone stand (And it wasn't even that funny). The concept was interesting but poorly executed. Frankly this would've done better on tv.
½ January 25, 2018
Seth's making a movie about a stuffed bear? seems enjoyable
January 22, 2018
This film may be offensive, but it's still really good. It has its funny and poignant moments, but it does have a lot of swearing in it. Strictly not a film for kids (unless they're supervised by a parent), but perfect for teenagers and adults, especially fans of Family Guy.
December 17, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Original y divertida.
½ November 15, 2017
For a first feature film from Seth MacFarlane, this was decent. I think the story is strange but charming and interesting. The acting is pretty on spot. Mark Wahlberg does nicely, so does Seth himself and Mila Kunis. The movie moderately funny, my favorite scene being the double date between John, Lori, Ted, and his new girlfriend Tammy Lynn. The characters are likable. I like John and Ted is a very crude, but charming bear. Lori is pretty good too. The only issues I have with the movie is that the multiple things that Ted does are extremely questionable. If he's a Teddy bear, how does he drink alcohol, do drugs, and eat? Not the best, but I think Ted is an entertaining film.
November 7, 2017
Mark Wahlberg, Seth Macfarlane, & Mila Kunis are hilarious. It's original, extremely entertaining and very funny. 8/10
October 26, 2017
Ted really isn't very funny. I don't find the humor in this movie to be funny, it does have a few funny moments but nothing remarkable. What I did like about this movie is that it kind of felt like watching a live action version of Family Guy which is something very unique to see in a movie but it should have been much funnier.
October 24, 2017
Really off-the-wall and funny as hell, more so than I expected it would be going in. Easily one of the better comedies of the last few years, and, honestly, I actually enjoyed it and laughed at it a lot more than some of the most-lauded comedies of the last decade.
½ October 1, 2017
Today's choice comes from Tivo, having seen it a couple times before, I knew what I was in for.

Ted is a little boys dream to have a friend, which animates a bear, which no one seems to be shocked about all that much. After seeing Chucky, I would have at least proceeded with caution.

You can tell it's highly influenced by Seth Mcfarlen, from the jokes to the wacky story. It's definitely, not something to be taken seriously, it's a good laugh. It consists of a lot of what I would call stoner jokes. It is definitely something new, not necessarily original, but new.

It's a great film to relax to, from seeing Toy Story who hasn't wished a toy would come to life (this doesn't include Chucky, good guy dolls, they should be left well alone).
September 22, 2017
Ted is a hilarious movie made by Seth Macfarlane starring Mark Wahlberg and himself. He does a great job making a crude and absolutely hysterical movie with a very funny script. Seth adds all sorts of funny and adult humor like he does in family guy and his other tv shows. This is typically what to expect from Seth Macfarlane. This is one of my favorite comedies and I recommend it to people who are the right age!
September 13, 2017
Despite its originallity, "Ted" is a quite familiar story told ina unique way. Thanks to Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis' talent and Seth MacFarlane's good debut direction and awesome sense of humor (which I have already loved from family Guy), he is able to create a unique character (Ted) while he accomplishes to be funny almost everytime. As a normal comedy, it has its flaws, but it's funny and an excellent time!
September 3, 2017
Very funny and heartwarming at parts and dirty at others a definite must watch
½ August 23, 2017
One of the funniest movies I've ever seen
August 21, 2017