Reviews

• Feb 05, 2020

I wish they had done a better job of making this. There are some things about it that I like (surprisingly Robert Pattinson is one of them), but they really didn't do the book justice. I suppose they wanted to leave out the satanic aspect & maybe leave the motivations of the Dr up to interpretation, but it just ended up a befuddled mess with no real tension, or direction. On top of that, the editing is a complete shambles! It looks good, the performances are fine but it feels like a high school drama production, rushed & clunkily hitting all the main points with nothing to coherently string them together.

• Jul 29, 2017

Awful awful waste of an hour! Best/funniest part was watching Pattinson move his 'paralysed' legs! So many unexplained sub-stories left at the end of the film that it ended up being just one big incoherent pile of nonsense!

• Sep 01, 2015

awesome movie I love watching it!!!

awesome movie I love watching it!!!

• Jul 05, 2014

Terrible.....couldn't quite figure out the point.

Terrible.....couldn't quite figure out the point.

• Mar 31, 2014

You know when a movie it's so bad you're laugh til you cry? well

You know when a movie it's so bad you're laugh til you cry? well

• Dec 27, 2013

It's bewildering how BBC can turn a great novel by Dennis Wheatley into a a cheap television movie. I really thought it was going to be just as in-depth as the book but they just manage to create their own story and put "based on a novel by Dennis Wheatley" along the lines. I still think Robert Pattinson was a great choice of Toby Jugg, but this adaption is very poor and not really worth watching if you've read the book. It's a huge let down. No giant spider, no mass rituals, and no uncle that's a push over. BBC you've let me down...

• Sep 12, 2013

Starts out as a very haunting, atmospheric film then dwindles to an anti-climax that made no sense at all. Scary scenes to be sure, but nothing much else.

• Apr 03, 2013

Robert did a good job, especially at the end. But... Still I felt like there was more to come... Like, He has more to offer. This movie was OK, not great but OK

• Feb 26, 2013

Ok, I'm a big Robert Pattinson fan, and this movie was horrible. Most of the time you had no clue what was going on. I get it that he pretty much had gone insane but there was no real climax, you knew what was going to happen half way through the movie. Also, even though the movie was only an hour long, it felt like it would never end. I appreciated the attempt but if i could i would give this movie a big ZERO. It was that bad!!

• Feb 05, 2013

Young Robert Pattinson (20) in one of his earlier movies. Clearly was a low budget movie, but I'm glad I watched it. The actress who played his love interest looked waaaaay too old for him.