The Big Short Reviews

• May 15, 2020

It approaches its complicated subject in a unique and effective way, with an self-conscious tone, plenty of fourth wall breaks, solid acting and an intelligent script.

• May 11, 2020

A fabulous movie that briefly describes trader's mind and process of the market crash. The big short indicates importance of correctly rating.

• May 10, 2020

Although is a movie very difficult to follow, unless you are in the "wall street world", it is a most see in order to understand why the banks never loose and the people always pays.

• May 09, 2020

A great movie that depicts rather perfectly the tragedy that was the market crash. An impactful performances by Bale and Carell makes you feel the moral difficulty of getting rich off of such tragedy.

• May 05, 2020

We're living in a totally fraudulent rating system, but this movie is real (good).

• May 02, 2020

In my opinion The Big Short is a "comedic adventure in serious filmmaking. "I have never seen a film so serious yet funny. Adam McKay has taken a serious topic and added his odd signature comedy to it which manages to dazzle the audience. The film features phenomenal performances from the entire cast. Steve Carrel is mostly known as a comic actor, so it was surprising to see him deliver so well in a serious role. Ryan Gosling was a good laugh. Christian Bale was definitely the standout as the awkward, anti-social workaholic Dr. Burry. The unconventional method of random celebrities explaining financial terms though hilarious was ineffective. I found it difficult to follow the movie while being lost in a flurry of financial terms. I didn't like the way this film was made nevertheless I realized it was probably the best way to captivate the audience while telling the story of a depressing event in world history. Overall it is a fun watch that will leave you devastated in the end.

• Apr 30, 2020

FIlm pazzesco, racconta in maniera chiara e semplice uno dei momenti più bui della storia recente. Regia ottima e diversi trucchetti perfettamente riusciti per rendere più semplici le spiegazioni più tecniche. Bale e Carell perfetti.

• Apr 19, 2020

a brilliant movie that is simultaneously educational and entertaining.

a brilliant movie that is simultaneously educational and entertaining.

• Apr 15, 2020

Amazing approach to glamorizing an otherwise very technical understanding of the collapse of 2008 and 5 trillion dollars in losses.

• Apr 13, 2020

It is a cliche but if I could give this film 6 stars I would. The brilliant true-life story of the 2007-2008 financial crisis, 'The Big Short' story is done intelligently and with humour but without patronising the audience - an insight into how the banks and bankers, along with government and the rating agencies got it so very wrong and follows those who had predicted the end long before it had begun.