The Circle Reviews

• Nov 02, 2019

Paranoid look at modern social media and monitoring technology that reminds me very much of the things Philip K. Dick would've been writing about. Not sure why the hate for this exists, can only assume it's because it's pretty uncomfortable and quite bleak in the idea that the death of privacy is inevitable if people can be convinced to give it up willingly, as they already do with social media.

• Oct 14, 2019

I guess I'm one of the few who liked it.

I guess I'm one of the few who liked it.

• Oct 08, 2019

Nicely made, well-intentioned, but quite sketchy satire only hastily takes aim at its topic and has hardly any punch; even the star cast is not much challenged.

• Oct 03, 2019

Made my flight from PHX go faster. Liked the premise and was drawn into the suspense initially, but then it kind of fizzled out and the ending seemed too abrupt. The script did not do justice to the acting qualities of this cast.

• Sep 22, 2019

Scary in its plausibility.

Scary in its plausibility.

• Sep 12, 2019

Remember Antitrust (2001)? It's kind of like that, but with zero imagination, no sense of stakes, utterly boring, and completely uninteresting. Proof that no matter how bright of a shine you put on something, a polished turd is still a turd.

• Sep 06, 2019

I peggiori 110 minuti della mia esistenza, il film non trova la sua collocazione. A volte sembra che voglia trasmettere una trama inquietante, a volte sembra voglia criticare la società moderna, a volte fa anche più schifo di quanto non faccia già schifo. Nemmeno Tom salva questo disastro

• Sep 02, 2019

Probably the worst movie I've ever watch. What a waste of an hour of my life.

Probably the worst movie I've ever watch. What a waste of an hour of my life.

• Aug 19, 2019

What could have been a modern day 1984 centering around the totalitarian rise of a silicon-valley-like entity, establishing dominance under the guise of "virtue", exploring human morality, groupthink-sustained evil and the inalienable right to privacy. Nope. Doe-eyed, philosophically ignorant protagonist decides privacy is a silly old concept and still goes ahead with turning the world into a peep show. This is despite the fact the rabid, idiotic mob of narcissists which so clearly mirror the fame hungry social media users of today turned her friend into a human smoothie. I liked Tom Hanks though.

• Aug 15, 2019