The Freebie Reviews

• May 04, 2015

It's well acted, but it turns out to be just another film about a boring, straight, white, monogamous married couple. It presents a message that is no different than any other Hollywood film about a couple in a similar situation. It suggests that anything that deviates from a "normal" monogamous heterosexual relationship is wrong, and no matter how much trust you believe is rooted in your relationship, nothing will stop you from falling into a jealous rage with your partner. It simply not saying anything new or interesting. We've seen endless films explore relationships from this perspective. It would have been nice if Aselton was willing to bring something new to this area of discussion.

• Sep 28, 2013

It drowns under the weight of it's boring and slow story. Honesty is the best policy and when a couple can't be honest with each other then it's time to get out especially when it's as dull as this one.

• Aug 18, 2013

an honest but ultimately predictable movie about how fragile love can be.

an honest but ultimately predictable movie about how fragile love can be.

• Feb 17, 2013

Blue Valentine covered the theme of a crumbling marriage much better.

Blue Valentine covered the theme of a crumbling marriage much better.

• Feb 15, 2013

Cute movie with a moral tale

Cute movie with a moral tale

• Sep 16, 2012

Didn't see it, but find Dak so offensive, I know I'd hate it.

Didn't see it, but find Dak so offensive, I know I'd hate it.

• Mar 16, 2012

Not very funny nor entertaining.

Not very funny nor entertaining.

• Jan 22, 2012

The bad reviews kind of startle me. I really enjoyed this film. It was a great look into the question many couples end up going through. Mick LaSalle says it best: "Aselton gets a lot said in 78 minutes. I think the main thing she says is something never overtly spoken, that life is essentially a lonely experience - even when we're surrounded by activity, and even if we never shut up."

• Jan 09, 2012

Bad. Not the least bit funny.

Bad. Not the least bit funny.

• Jan 07, 2012

It was not easy to sit still and just watch the movie, because it consists of pretty much everyday scenes and nothing else too spetacular. With that being said, it also made it feels realistic in some way, which connects closely to the premise of the movie.