The Red Violin (Le violon rouge) Reviews

• Oct 29, 2019

The idea of telling stories through history based on a violin is not bad, the problem is that the stories told are not that interesting. The one about a child prodigy is particularly pointless.

• Mar 11, 2019

One of my favorite movies.Tears well up in my eyes everytime i watch this movie.The music in this movie is beautiful and i dont usually like classical music.

• Feb 13, 2019

Netflix 2/13/19 This was a really interesting story, well told with a fun and unexpected twist at the end. Loved the concept of following a violin through centuries of travel and ownership. Didn’t care much for the Fredrick/Victoria segment but everything else was compelling. Beautiful music earned it a 2000 Academy Award for Best Music, Original Score and well deserved.

• Feb 10, 2019

Mile mmel bir kurgu, farklı zaman ve mekan hikayelerini hiç tempo dusurmeden anlatan harika bir film. İzlemediyseniz muhakkak tavsiye ederim.

• Oct 24, 2018

one of my top five favorite movies!

one of my top five favorite movies!

• Sep 03, 2018

Spectacular film. It could have been 30 minutes longer. Like most films there are things that can be picked apart. But this is one excellent film.

• Dec 27, 2017

If you are a highly educated person like me who played violin as a child, with three university degrees in STEM subjects, Fellow of an Oxford College, a person who behaves in the hotel exactly as Samuel L Jackson did in the movie, a person who is widely travelled to run top science and R&D events, a person who speaks many languages and who is of a certain age (over the age of 40 at least) then here is no better movie than this in my opinion.

• Jun 25, 2017

Love this movie! Coming from a person with music in the heart it speaks to me!!

Love this movie! Coming from a person with music in the heart it speaks to me!!

• Jun 25, 2017

I love historical period drama films! They are so elaborated and so smart. And the beautiful violin sound throughout the movie gives it the perfect touch.It was very interesting to see and the end was terrific, awesome! :D

• Apr 29, 2017

It's amazing how one film can tell an engrossing life journey about an inanimate object that only becomes animated when played by the hands and talents of people based on their time period/culture. There is also a mysticism about this picture that grabs me and gets me thinking hard and I admire films that manage to affect me in a deep way. Just like "The Red Violin" itself, this film has a special quality about it that makes it something truly wonderful. What a lovely film!