They Call Me Trinity (Lo chiamavano Trinità) Reviews

• Mar 21, 2018

They Call Me Trinity is a spaghetti western movie that has a lot to offer to a viewer. but first, let's talk about the plot, which is the weakest part of the movie, as it is very predictable and simple, but still good: this guy, Trinity, a bandit, meets his brother, Bambino, who has faked to be a sheriff because he killed the real one. Trinity starts to solve the problems of the village in which his brother is a sheriff, and tries to stop some criminals. Even if the plot is simple, we can know the characters very well during the course of the events, even if they are simple, too. Now let's talk about the real strong points of the movie: the action and the fun. This movie has lots of action going on, as the main character is the fastest gunslinger of the west, but it's all funny, thanks to the "special effects", that make the movie like a comic. The action scenes are very well written, as you can the different combat styles between Trinity and his brother, but there is always space for good old punches, instead of guns, and it's very funny, too. As I said, They Call Me Trinity is also very funny, but not thanks to jokes, as the characters say funny things , but they speak in a serious way, and sometimes the scenes can get even funnier... for the wrong reasons, as the movie aged very well, as some action scenes got hilarious with time, without getting ugly. Another great thing that I would like to point out is the relationship between the two main characters, in which Bambino looks like as if he hates Trinity, and at the beginning you can't really tell if they're really good or bad. Now, let's talk about some more "technical" things. The soundtrack of this movie is fantastic, as it's very good, and I still think at it sometimes, and the visuals are still great after many year. I would really recommend to watch this movie, as it is a true Italian masterpiece, that is very simple but still very enjoyable and laughable, that I see whenever I can, and that I hope that anyone who wants to watch something from the Italian cinema.

• Sep 29, 2017

The chemistry between Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill carried them through a lot of movies, but this is the best of them. A diverting Western spoof, it still holds up after nearly half a century.

• Jun 08, 2017

Tho not as incredible as "They call me Nobody", this film is a lot of fun. Hill essentially continues playing the character from "Nobody". Going in, you should know this is a spoof of spaghetti westerns. I don't want to spoil anything so I can't say much more. There were some scenes that were so incredible that I backed up and watched them again. The plot was both predictable and surprising. It has a different rhythm than today's overly lean and hence entirely predictable films. The acting is serviceable but won't win any oscars. I enjoyed it.

• Nov 06, 2016

Fagioli anyone? Oh and fuck Tarantino for using the theme tune!

Fagioli anyone? Oh and fuck Tarantino for using the theme tune!

• Aug 05, 2015

most funny movie I watched in my childwood, I still laugh when I watch it.

most funny movie I watched in my childwood, I still laugh when I watch it.

• Jul 02, 2014

A parody of the spaghetti westerns which were themselves parodies of the American westerns. Hill and Spencer were always a superb double act and I prefer the Trinity films to anything else they ever did.

• Jun 03, 2014

A sharp, ludicrously wacky comedy western. Leone made slapstick. Immense fun. 8/10.

• Jan 02, 2014

This film could be described as a spaghetti western family comedy where violent shoot outs are replaced with slapstick fist fights. The outcome is surprisingly hilarious, also because of the chemistry between the Laurel and Hardy like on screen pairing of Bud Spencer and Terence Hill, destined to become successful all around the world as a duo. This is arguably their most famous and celebrated film, Hill and Spencer playing the role of two brothers helping a group of Mormons by fighting off an evil tycoon.

• Apr 30, 2013

I've got to repeat it. Spaghetti for ever!! One of the first movies, Hill and Spencer made a team against all bandits..

• Nov 18, 2012

I loved this film when I was a lad. Watched it again and was disappointed. It's slow, boring and dated.