Top Gun - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Top Gun Reviews

August 20, 2017
Insanely dumb movie about navy pilots at an elite training academy. This is one of those it's so bad that it's good movies. The script for this movie is just awful. But I don't hate it. It has a certain charm. Despite all the gay overtones.
½ August 13, 2017
I like bad movies but this was dumb. And now Berlin is stuck in my head.
July 31, 2017
Very good movie. The people who doesn't ike this movie probably have were low testosteron or maybe their brains haven't developed properly, that is also a possibiity.
½ July 6, 2017
Critics got this one wrong. Great American classic all about jets and dogfights. Loved the action and the personality of Maverick and all the Top Gun students. Fantastic way to open the eyes of young boys dreaming about flying high, sporting Aviators, and serving the countryThe bond between Maverick and Goose is an inseparable one everyone enjoyed. Hopefully the new one surpasses.
June 20, 2017
Take My Breath Awaaayyyy :))
June 19, 2017
best movie of all time
June 16, 2017
This film is an instant classic. Probably my favorite Tom Cruise film. It has a great soundtrack and great cast. It has a great plot and is never boring. It should be a watch for everyone

Rating: 10/10
June 7, 2017
Classic. Revisited this one recently. It's crazy dated...but like a fine wine, the vintage only adds to the enjoyment. Simple, short and entertaining; it's a little action, a little drama and a little romance all rolled into one beautiful commercial for the navy. You can't ask for more than this. I'd easily watch the film again.
May 24, 2017
How could you NOT like a movie with the song - Bwwwwaaawwww, b bwaaaawww, b bwaaaaah, ba ba ba ba bwaaaaahhhh... etc... Silly gays, it's for straights who like to dream little dreams of post Vietnam bravura. It's also an homage to little guy with a big stick (that's not gay fellows, it's manliness). SO HERE'S THE BIG NEWS - Top Gun 2 is coming soooooon! Tom will rip this one a new exhaust pipe! Don't mope around and blame Tom, hell with new drone footage, it will FAR surpass the orig. I wonder if it will have to do with defeating some nefarious terrorist (hey that rhymed!) organization that threatens the free world... We'll have to wait. TOP GUN 2 is coming, said it here first!!! Can. Not. Wait.
½ April 16, 2017
If you aren't gay going into this movie, you will definitely be gay when the credits roll. Gayest line in Top Gun that can't be unheard, "He's on our tail, coming hard."
April 3, 2017
If you don't love this movie, you're wrong.
March 23, 2017
This is one of those movies the audience loves but critics are too dumb to figure out it's a good movie. Great performances.
½ March 19, 2017
(4.5/5) I'd call it a serious guilty pleasure film, but that would be dishonest; there's nothing guilty about this. Insanely quotable, beautiful cinematography both on the ground and in the air, and some of the most memorable performances I've ever seen. If I had to make a list of my favorite films ever, Top Gun would easily crack the Top 15.
March 18, 2017
I feel The need, the need for speed!
February 13, 2017
Saw it for the first time in 2016. I can see why it's considered a classic since it has some very memorable characters and action shots. The plot is serviceable although both the plot and characters are a little cliched and one-dimensional. I'm guessing this was a very big date movie since it had a lot of action and machismo for the men, while there were good looking actors and a forbidden romance for the women.
½ February 10, 2017
This movie is so cliched and so over the top it's hard not to have fun and enjoy yourself while watching it.
February 5, 2017
Top Gun is truly one of the greatest movies. It may be cheesy and not logically or physically correct at all times, but it is definitely amazing. It is one of the coolest movies to ever be made, it's entertaining, always exciting. There is not one part of the movie that is boring. There are many people that have not seen Top Gun and that is a disgrace to the United States. It is a movie that has to be everybody's favorite movie. It has suspense, excitement, and nerve racking. The air combat in this movie is like nothing else, it's so much drama and just so amazing and cool. Lieutenant Pete is short for "Maverick" he was a naval navigator. In the beginning one of the events that had happened was when Maverick and his wingman. They had flew upside down about 18 inches above a Russian-built. Maverick and his wingman had snaps pictures with a Polaroid pictures of the enemy pilot. When the best graduate from each class at the school is known as "Top Gun." And the reason for that is because of proud and like an awareness because you know so much knowledge and can fly. Throughout the movie, Maverick is being reminded by his late father's history. Maverick's father was a fighter pilot, Maverick's father was known for not following the rules. Because maverick's father was so rebellious it's the fault for his own death. Because of that it had always reminded him and worried him in the back of his mind. Later in the movie there was this woman who was of his female instructors. Maverick had been flirting he had met her by singing to her in a bar. Charlie, tries to help him by comforting him and cheering him up Charlie also tried help make understanding of her policy of not dating students. But both him and her knew the obvious she love affair with him. At the same time, Maverick and Goose continue to push forward to revive the Top Gun and get an inch closer to the trophy. Then more towards the end of the movie Maverick and Goose's plane goes through another aircrafts jet way which would've help it clean. However that isn't what happen it had which induces a flat spin sending them out to sea. Which had been scary for them both, they thought that it was the end for them both. When they had crashed into the sea they had gotten help and tried to save Goose but he had died and Maverick holds himself responsible. Maverick continues to blame himself for Goose's death and his anxiety keeps him from flying. It's a painful experience and hold him feeling guilty. This is the most amazing and coolest movie of all time, it has everything to make someone happy. This movie is unbelievable and just so amazing. It is the single most greatest movie, EVER.
½ February 5, 2017
Aika sivistää jälkikasvua tällä klassikkoleffalla. Itse olin 14v. kun tämä oli kuuminta hottia. Ja yllättävän hyvin oli kestänyt aikaa, vieläkin ihan kuumaa hottia: jännitystä, vauhtia, vaarallisia tilanteita, romantiikkaa, surua, salskeita nuoria miehiä...
January 12, 2017
good
I prefer top cat