The Truman Show - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Truman Show Reviews

February 2, 2019
Arguably one of the greatest films of the 90s. The movie gets the audience to question what is real, even in their own lives. A film that has been and likely will continue to be used in philosophy classes. Jim Carey is able to play a comedic yet serious character, which even in 2019 might be his greatest performance.
½ January 31, 2019
Films today look up to The Truman Show and strive for an original, interesting idea to make their movie stand out from the rest.
½ January 29, 2019
After a slow and boring start the movie really kicks off and Jim Carrey delivers one of his best, if not the best performance of his career. "The Truman Show" is not a comedy, rather a drama. Mr. Carrey shows here that he is capable of doing sth else than comedies as well. A solid film.
January 19, 2019
really fun great movie
½ January 14, 2019
Predicts and satirizes the insanity of modern reality tv culture so effectively that its impossible to believe it was made 20 years ago. Carrey is always entertaining if not the most believable actor, but the remarkable premise takes the praise
½ January 12, 2019
A concept of human rationality. The reason to have paranoia for the week following viewing this movie.
January 11, 2019
The world is obsessed with the life of a single man who hasn't a clue that he's been on camera all his life, and that everything around him, and even parts about him, are fabricated for "good TV": his seaside town, his family and friends, certain traits shaped by orchestrated experiences... until certain events make him wonder about it all.
½ January 1, 2019
One of the best dramas of all time and very thought-provoking. I can guarantee you have not seen a movie quite like this one.
December 9, 2018
What I really like about The Truman Show is that it showed that Jim Carrey can become an amazing dramatic actor, in a moviee that is massively underrated and that is beautifully acted
½ December 2, 2018
Great concept that feels like it could have been a great film.
November 24, 2018
"The Truman Show" is a delightfully refreshing film with a unique script, excellent writing, and a performance from Jim Carrey that steals the show.
½ November 23, 2018
And in case I dont see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night.
½ November 4, 2018
a standout movie that you never forget. from the hilarious opening to the thought-provoking end.
October 29, 2018
What might be one of the best films ever made, The Truman Show gives a strange, yet ahead-of-its-time look at the reality tv boom that would explode in the 2000's.

10/10
October 14, 2018
Oh my. This is a thought I've had before and to see it as a movie was scary. Is the world around me being simulated? I don't know. Or maybe I just haven't looked hard enough.
September 30, 2018
A

A fantastic concept with incredibly heartfelt performances from Carrey and Harris. Definitely a film ahead of it's time and a true classic.
September 25, 2018
I went into the movie expecting to be disappointed, but it was surprisingly good. The sheer drama of him interacting with the actors as he begins to suspect his reality was fake was deeply compelling.
September 25, 2018
realy loved this movie - still do after watching it again recently
September 18, 2018
The Truman Show shook me by its audacity of premise and execution. This is straight out of The Twilight Zone(in fact writer Andrew Nicchol based the screenplay on an episode of The Twilight Zone. Jim Carrey plays an insurance salesman who has no idea that his entire life is scripted and part of a television show. This is a departure of sorts for Peter Weir also and though I have forgotten much of this film I remember liking it a lot. There are many underlying themes and the entire presentation is something you don't see often. This is a healthy recommendation regardless of whether you are a fan of Carrey or not. (An original science fiction feature film).
September 11, 2018
The Truman Show is Jim Carrey as you have never seen him before. This is straight out of The Twilight Zone(in fact writer Andrew Nicchol based the screenplay on an episode of The Twilight Zone. Jim Carrey plays an insurance salesman who has no idea that his entire life is scripted and part of a television show. This is a departure of sorts for Peter Weir also and though I have forgotten much of this film I remember liking it a lot. There are many underlying themes and the entire presentation is something you don't see often. This is a healthy recommendation regardless of whether you are a fan of Carrey or not.