The Truman Show - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Truman Show Reviews

October 14, 2018
Oh my. This is a thought I've had before and to see it as a movie was scary. Is the world around me being simulated? I don't know. Or maybe I just haven't looked hard enough.
September 30, 2018
A

A fantastic concept with incredibly heartfelt performances from Carrey and Harris. Definitely a film ahead of it's time and a true classic.
September 25, 2018
I went into the movie expecting to be disappointed, but it was surprisingly good. The sheer drama of him interacting with the actors as he begins to suspect his reality was fake was deeply compelling.
September 25, 2018
realy loved this movie - still do after watching it again recently
September 18, 2018
The Truman Show shook me by its audacity of premise and execution. This is straight out of The Twilight Zone(in fact writer Andrew Nicchol based the screenplay on an episode of The Twilight Zone. Jim Carrey plays an insurance salesman who has no idea that his entire life is scripted and part of a television show. This is a departure of sorts for Peter Weir also and though I have forgotten much of this film I remember liking it a lot. There are many underlying themes and the entire presentation is something you don't see often. This is a healthy recommendation regardless of whether you are a fan of Carrey or not. (An original science fiction feature film).
September 11, 2018
½ September 2, 2018
Has been invading privacy before it became a thing.
August 8, 2018
The truman show probablemente seduce mas por su originalidad que por su trascendencia, es tan real que sientes de manera increíble el concepto que se logra trasmitir con este film ,Jim carry es tan inocente que transforma su comedia básica en drama potente que cautiva de manera correcta en esta ocasión.
July 31, 2018
July 30, 2018
The truman show is a really solid movie with a solid plot and a firm conclusion. One of Carrey's finer movies. Comedy falls flat some points and the movie is a bit slow at some points.
July 29, 2018
Its just beatiful 1000000/10
½ July 18, 2018
The Truman Show is Jim Carrey as you have never seen him before. This is straight out of The Twilight Zone(in fact writer Andrew Nicchol based the screenplay on an episode of The Twilight Zone. Jim Carrey plays an insurance salesman who has no idea that his entire life is scripted and part of a television show. This is a departure of sorts for Peter Weir also and though I have forgotten much of this film I remember liking it a lot. There are many underlying themes and the entire presentation is something you don't see often. This is a healthy recommendation regardless of whether you are a fan of Carrey or not. (One of the most original big budget feature films).
July 15, 2018
The moment the protagonist comes out of the virtual world he was set in was a victory for individuality. Really thought-provoking.
June 29, 2018
The Truman show can be frustrating, but also sweet and original in its ideas and execution.
½ June 27, 2018
The Truman Show is unique, witty, and thought-provoking. Jim Carrey plays the role of Truman Burbank perfectly. The inspiring plot leaves viewers rooting for Truman the entire time. The various camera angles throughout the movie also provide viewers with a great experience. In the end, this is a delightful movie with a high re-watchability rate. 4.5/5 stars
June 23, 2018
Who'd have thought one of my all time favourite films would have Jim Carrey in it. Beautiful screenplay, stunning sound track. This will be seen as a masterpiece in years to come.
½ June 20, 2018
Amazing and unique story. There is a reason this movie is considered an all time classic. It takes reality TV to a whole other level. Even with its greatness, it raised a lot of questions, like when did the actress that played his wife or mom ever get to go to their own home. It seemed like their reality was the same as Truman's. At what point do we stop watching someone else's life and focus on our own? Jim Carey was great and truly conveyed a man driven into madness.
June 19, 2018
An interesting idea that was successfully pulled off, Jim Carrey is as insane as ever, but is able to control it enough in this film to work in a sensible way. The only question I have is when will the sequel be released?
June 9, 2018
We had to "analyze" this for a project in school... so I saw this movie three consecutive times over the course of two weeks. Good news though, I am watching it a fourth for my final and am STILL not sick of it! Not only does is the idea interesting enough for me to be immersed in to, but after analyzing it the themes have become a huge part of why I like it!
June 4, 2018
Starting off the movie without knowing what is happening. With the help of every plot twist, this lead to a complete different ending that I was expecting when watching the movie. Just can't deny this is still my favorite after watching it for several times. In case I didn't see you, good afternoon, good evening and goodnight. :D