Turn Me On, Dammit! Reviews

• Mar 12, 2017

Another strange foreign film, this one from Norway. I honestly have no idea what to make from it, it's odd and short.. wasn't boring, the end was abrupt as hell. Didn't hate it, but didn't really much care for it either. I'm curious to know if all movies from Norway are this weird.

• Jan 26, 2017

Now this was fun! Turn Me On, Dammit! is full of the stories we tell ourselves that we want live with the person we love-especially when that person isn't telling us what we need to hear. This is so much better than American Pie! Genuine laughs came thick and fast throughout the film, and there were more than a few sincere moments to appreciate in this coming-of-age story.

• Jul 09, 2016

An interesting coming of age story dealing frankly with sexuality, and one of the even fewer to examine it from a young woman's perspective. She is allowed to be horny and interested in sex without being used as a eye candy for a male audience. Young Alma likes a boy, and well, he probably likes her because he pulls his penis out and pokes her with it in the thigh at a party. She mentions this, bragging because she thinks she will finally have sex, and he vehemently denies ever doing it. Her best friend is in love with the same boy, and so begins the downward spiral of her social life, as she's painted as a liar and nutjob. TMOD is funny without being farcical and quiet enough to maintain empathy and remain character focused. A great alternative to American teen fare.

• Aug 18, 2014

A very down to earth (as most scandinavian) teen movie about sexuality that focus on the experience (and need of contact and romance) of one girl that find herself in the middle of two maelstroms: uncontrolled hormones and unmanaged "social" life. Really cute and valid.

• Aug 18, 2014

• Jul 04, 2014

Quite the opposite of its crude title, this low-key Norwegian coming-of-age comedy turns out to be so gentle and sweet. Telling the tale of an ultimate socially awkward teen, the story makes a strong statement on individuality vs social conformity, especially in a small village where people are outnumbered by sheeps. It's both funny, weird, and liberating.

• May 31, 2014

there are some seizable cultural differences keeping me from truly understanding this movie. It was pretty funny but not in a laugh out loud way, more of a funny situations way. There is a lot of good stuff in here from the perspective of the weird stuff that pops into a teenagers head. Its a movie we have never really seen before. It also has many cute and sweet moments.

• Apr 06, 2014

A fresh Swedish comedy. I really enjoyed it. (The song Jag kommer is still playing in my head).

• Feb 04, 2014

There's only one way to describe this movie: A very strange Norwegian teen film about a small-town girl and her struggles with sexual frustration and infatuation. You will have to see it for yourself in order to truly understand it.

• Jan 09, 2014

A young girl in a small town is driven to act out to satisfy her budding hormones and it's a very strange and oddly believable journey, as we watch her try to put the moves on the local boy who doesn't know what to make of her, and use a sex chat line to try to get off by any means necessary. Interesting film-making, well worth a rental.