Twilight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Twilight Reviews

½ May 21, 2018
Edward cullen needs GROW some balls. HE DOESNT HAVE ANY PEWPS LOLOLOLOLO AYY LMAO. A SLOTH HAS MORE EMOTION THAN THE MAIN GIRL XD LOL
April 22, 2018
Bella really seemed to hold her composure well throughout all the disaster around her.
March 27, 2018
i love all the movies and hope that all that have not seen it will love it. victory is my favorite and so is alice.
March 3, 2018
Despite the teenage/vampire/romance tag, I really enjoyed this.
½ February 25, 2018
An odd and somewhat entertaining vampire movie!
February 16, 2018
Just watched it again. Yep. Still love it.
February 15, 2018
Never read the books but now I want to - love this movie!
½ February 10, 2018
A weak story but sort of a guilty pleasure. I have a place in my heart for crappy movies that I love to hate to love and this is one of them.
½ February 6, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 1
Age/Originality: 0
Total: 4/25
½ January 31, 2018
Sometimes you have to watch movies that you are 100% sure you wont like. This is one of those times.
½ January 30, 2018
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadd
January 27, 2018
First of all, people are liars. They say they don't like it but they're all here for glittery chiseled abs. The wife and I loved it (we watch everything together). The baseball scene? Muse? Charlie is very underrated. Father of the year. Still waiting for The Host 2.

Wi$h th@t utub3 $p0n-3d thi$
½ December 27, 2017
Awful,poorly written book turned into the same kind of movie. The acting in all these movies is HORRIBLE all but Taylor. He was doing the best he could to carry this rubbish.
I'm going to say, vampires do not sparkle. They can't have children as is in the final book & movies. If you have seen the X-Files & Underworld, then you will know this story is a complete ripoff of these. Werewolves vs. vampires, Underworld. Vampires in the day light & not attacking humans, X-Files. As I'm sure though as people have seen, since the final joke of a movie was released, this teenage infatuation with this junk has died out. Stephanie is not a writer at all by the way.
½ December 26, 2017
As a child, I doted upon this series. Although I can admit that the development to the big screen could've been better in many ways, I still come back to this franchise frequently. It never fails to bring me joy.
½ December 23, 2017
The first instalment of the romantic fantasy series brings together congenial moments but needs to step away from the dull performances and monotonous tone.
December 23, 2017
Really good movie i rate it.
December 20, 2017
A Forbidden Love
"... and so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."
The movie "Twilight" was first of all inspired by a book written by Stephenie Meyer and published on October 5, 2005. For her, it all started as a dream she had where she saw a normal young teenage girl with a handsome, unnatural teenage boy talking in the middle of the forest. She couldn't stop thinking about this strange dream of hers and started writing something about it each day, making herself more interested and devoted to it until it became her famous, well-known book, "Twilight". The book became so popular that not only did it sell approximately 100 million copies, but in no time it also became a best-seller. This huge success lead to a sudden interest to creating the book's movie. And later on, what started off as a dream became a reality not only for the author of the book, Stephanie Meyer, but for the movie directors Catherine Hardwicke and Chris Weitz as well, the movie was about to be released. It was first released in Los Angeles premiere in November 17, 2008 and it was not until November 21, 2008 that it released in United States movie theaters. First of all, this movie touches the topics of a teenage, forbidden love, the vampires and werewolf story, way of living and the differences between them both and problems in the society they lived in. The actor Robert Pattinson interpreting our vampire, Edward Cullen, tells us his story when he was transformed into the vampire he is and the different way the Cullen's lived, including their diets of only consuming animal blood and specific characteristics they all had differently. Bella Swan, interpreted by the famous actress Kristen Stewart, was a young teenager, pale skinned, simple girl that always seemed different from other girls and was fond of strange things. There is also Jacob Black, interpreted by the actor Taylor Lautner. He was a werewolf, part of a Quileute Native American, who constantly tried to hit on Bella. The movie makes one's heart melt. It's about a teenage girl named Bella Swan. She lived with her mother back in Arizona, since her mother had a new partner, who happened to have a job where he traveled a lot, Bella felt she was an obstacle for her mothers happiness. Renée Dwyer, her mother, abstained herself from traveling with her partner so she wouldn't leave Bella alone, but way deep inside Bella felt she was making her suffer and was attaching her mother to her. That's when she decided to move in with her father into a small, cold town called Forks. Not much before school was over she started to go to the school there in Forks, where she meets new friends. On her normal day of class, she spotted one of the famously called, the Cullen's, who caused an intriguing feeling on her. She couldn't keep her curious thoughts to herself and asked one of her new friends, Jessica Stanley, about him. Her answer was simple, he was Edward Cullen and the rest of his family members Alice, Emmet, Rosalie and Jasper Cullen never joined, mixed and merely talked to other people. As usual, that caught Bella's attention and found him even more curious, attractive and as an unusual as it seemed she felt he was trying to hide something. The first scenes of the movie gives you, as the watcher, a strong sense of comfort and immediately makes you feel welcome to the forest like and cold atmosphere it shows since the beginning of the movie. Kristen Stewart, which interprets Bella Swan one of the protagonist of the movie, makes the watcher feel each and every one of her feelings. This empathy that makes us connect with her makes us get into the whole trama of the movie since the beginning of it until it finishes and just keeps you wanting to see more of it. Edward Cullen, also hooks us to him. It's not only because of his extremely good looking features in the movie and his honey-colored, melting eyes, it's his mysterious way of looking at Swan that shows the way he desires her so much. At first he refuses the thought of accepting what he feels but then he just lost the strength to keep up with the lies he tried to tell himself, he willingly gave in to what is supposed to be impossible and forbidden, just for her. There are suspenseful, funny, unexpected and romantic scenes that get in a comfortable way down to the watcher. It's also very intriguing the way both protagonists fall in love and fight against the natural form or way of life. There is always that controversy about how vampire and human were not relatable and couldn't be together. There was the constant threats of other vampires because of Bella's blood being so desired by them all and Edward's constant fight to protect her even from himself and natural desire. The music or soundtrack chosen in this movie complements the different scenes perfectly. In some dramatic scenes they bring up suspenseful music and in the romantic ones they bring up very warming songs. For example, in one of the romantic scenes they chose a song titled Flightless Bird, American Mouth from Iron & Wine. This song has the perfect lyrics and rhythm which complemented nicely the scene and that makes you feel butterflies in your stomach just as if you were in love. At last, this movie not only shows you the different types of mythical lives some characters represent, but also how love can take out the best of us. It is a really different movie and I'm sure you will really enjoy all of its component. The great acting, the music, the editing itself and the way it easily gets you involved in it.
December 1, 2017
I really enjoyed a lot.
November 7, 2017
It's a great romance film filled with fantacy and conflicts and an interesting story line about the love between a human and a vampire. I highly recommend you to watch this saga. You will not regret it.
½ November 2, 2017