Twilight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Twilight Reviews

August 15, 2017
The twilight movies and books were amazing! Absolute perfection; but if your not into romance or vampires, it won't be for you. But if your interested in that stuff, you'll love it, just like I did.
August 8, 2017
TWILIGHT IS THE BEST THING EVER. YALL ARE JUST.... UGH
½ July 27, 2017
For everyone who read this book before the movie, this was a disappointing film to say the least. Edward doesn't look like the right at all. He's not handsome or strong in the film like the book portrays him, which is so sad. Somehow Stewart manages to make Bella even more mousy and whimpery than in the novel. I think this movie suffered from lack of a good script and bad acting.
July 18, 2017
This is the best movie ever!!! Great for teens.
July 18, 2017
Seeing it tonight. Need to finish the book today!
½ July 16, 2017
This movie was hilarious, though I don't think that was the intention. In reviewing it, Elvis Mitchell said it made him want to be a 13-year-old girl (i.e., the target audience) for the day, but that he was able to enjoy it nonetheless. As a former Anne-Rice-obsessed teenager, I can certainly see the appeal, whereas now that I'm an adult, I can appreciate the earnest and unanticipated comic value. Hard to know whether any of the goofiness stemmed from the direction, acting, screen adaptation, or original source material, but who cares, I guess. At the time, it made me vaguely curious to read the books...but then I never did.
½ July 8, 2017
This movie feels like it was written and produced by is target audience: tween- agreed girls.
June 29, 2017
Vampires don't sparkle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care what it's about had to watch the damn movies because of my ex-girlfriend. Watch Nosferatu maybe or Dracula just saying. Plenty of good werewolf movies also.
June 17, 2017
A very very huge disappointment for me !!!
May 6, 2017
I wish I could see the movie
April 17, 2017
The book was bad enough, and this didn't even try!
April 5, 2017
If I wasn't married, I would have never seen any of these!
½ March 25, 2017
There are no words to describe how awful the shit show that this movie and its successors are. I was forced to watch these movies and they're not the type of awful that you like it because it's awful or that you have to watch because it's awful. It's awful like I wish this shit never saw the light of day and the movies made me cry tears of pain knowing that anyone was crying because they felt anything other than disgust for this trash.
February 5, 2017
Twilight was one of the more divisive adaptations of a young adult novel. Loving or hating the series always seemed secondary to opinionated takes on the moral worth of the series. Even fans were divided into camps: the infamous battle between Team Edward and Team Jacob. Undoubtedly, Twilight presents a problematic representation of relationships and has even worse issues dealing with race. However, the assumption that the film is without merit is false. Twilight provided a means of exploring female desire through popular media. The troublesome relationship between Bella and her paramour reflect many of the issues present in other mainstream films. Yet focalizing on the female character showcased some of the negative relationship traits frequently represented in much of dominate cinema. More importantly the film reflected the aesthetic mode of the gaze sharply turning the camera towards an objectified male body. Wether or not this is film that can be recommended is entirely up to the viewers own interests. If the viewer is able to look past some of the more troubling aspects of the film's content they will find that Twilight contains a number of redeemable qualities most notably a strong aesthetic sensibility care of director Catherine Hardwicke.
February 2, 2017
In my opinion the movie, Twilight directed by Catherine Hardwicke was an amazing movie. It was my first time watching the movie was released in 2008, and I can say my eyes were glued to mt TV the whole time. The movie captured many themes such good vs evil, sacrifice, and self-control. I believe that the movie could teach young teenagers a few things. Such as when the movie displayed the theme of self-control, this can teach young teens that it is easy to carried away with bad habits/bad company, but you got to control yourself so that you can become successful. The movie also displayed sacrifice, which can teach young teens that it's okay to miss a party to finish an assignment that is due the next day, because at the end of the day that assignment may be worth many marks and if you get a zero, you can fail the class. To conclude , I'd like to recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys watching love stories, drama, or fantasy movies.
January 31, 2017
it's not like others I like it
½ January 14, 2017
edward made my dick rock hard 10/10
½ January 9, 2017
Tasteless, cliché, sexist. A regurgitation of the same vampire theme that has been repeated for decades. I considered the books to be bland. I didn't know the movies would be so much worse.
½ December 30, 2016
I know alot of people really cannot stand this movie(or book!), but I have to say that I love it! The book definitely portrayed Bella as a sweet, sarcastic teenage girl. That's the one thing I wish the movie had included. She was so boring in the movie. But not enough to make me dislike it! All the characters were likable....except maybe, James! The movie took a long book and did a great job summing it up! I love Twilight...all these years later!!!!
December 27, 2016