Unknown Reviews

• Jan 18, 2016

I found this to be a well-crafted thriller for the first 50 minutes of its running time, building toward an exciting finish along the lines of "The Usual Suspects." Much credit is due to the excellent cast. But just past the half-way mark it begins to lose its momentum and never recovers. It is at that point that the mens' true identities become known and the rest of the movie then unfolds in a predictable manner. I was even able to anticipate the tacked-on twist at the very end of the movie, which just felt formulaic and unnecessary. I have no doubt that this would have been a better movie had the identities of the characters been concealed for longer. Mostly what made the first half of the movie work was watching them eye one another with guarded suspicion, unsure of what side each of them is on. Once the mystery of who each man is becomes known to the audience, any suspenseful feelings quickly begin to taper off, as the characters naturally return to their individual agendas before the gas was released. This is far from being a bad movie, but I cannot help but consider ways that it could have been greatly improved.

• Aug 28, 2014

Lackluster. Follows the typical movie blueprint like a step by step checklist.

Lackluster. Follows the typical movie blueprint like a step by step checklist.

• Aug 19, 2014

Good movie. While the plot isn't a hundred percent original, the suspense is strong, the style is good, and the performances are great, especially Caviziel and Kinnear.

• Feb 09, 2014

"Trust no one, fear everyone" is very well suited for this awesome movie. Kept my interest the whole time leaving me wondering which 2 guys were the good guys and which 3 were the bad guys and no of them knowing who they were and if they were a "bad guy".

• Jan 21, 2014

it was wonderfull and thrilling , i wanted to see every shot . i can't understand why some people are very picky not to like sucha thriller !

• Dec 25, 2013

"Enjoyable thriller with superb performances, a decent plot and some thought-provoking ideas about identity and human nature underneath its twisty tale." Great cast. I was wondering how it could be like Memento and Saw, but it really works.

• Nov 20, 2013

One line summary: Five men with temporary memory loss guess their roles in a kidnapping. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jean Jacket wakes up in a closed room where the one exit is locked by passcode. Other prisoners are present, and most seem worse for the wear. Jean Jacket pounds on the door and raises a holler or ten, but gets no attention. He takes a phone call, and takes notes, but seems not to know what it was about. Broken Nose, Bound Man, Handcuffed Man, and Rancher Shirt wake up soon there after, and the four of them try to figure out who they are and why they are together. Elsewhere, Eliza cooperates with law enforcement to get her husband back. Snakeskin Boots intercepts the hostage money and eludes the police; he calls the trapped men and tells them he will meet with them before sundown. Bound Man finds a gun, but Jean Jacket takes it away from him. They discover instructions about the toxic gas stored in canister around the rooms. It can cause temporary memory loss in small doses. Broken Nose begins to remember a bit later; he was one of the abductees. He talks to Rancher Shirt, the other abductee. Rancher Shirt tries to get the gun from Jean Jacket, but fails. Broken Nose frees Bound Man, and the anger rises and partial memories surface. Jean Jacket gives Handcuffed Man some water, but cannot get the handcuffs off. The last two kidnappers are coming with the money. Two cops are tailing them with mixed success. Erin is in despair about losing her husband. The men in the room with memory loss are cooperating to find a way out before the kidnappers come. How does this pan out? Be prepared for twists and turns as the memories surface. -------Scores------- Cinematography: 8/10 No problems. Sound: 9/10 Well done. Acting: 7/10 Jim Caviezel, Bridget Moynihan, Peter Stormare, and Joe Pantoliano were excellent. On the other hand, Greg Kinnear was unconvincing as usual; with every line he speaks, I look for an indication that it's a joke or a bluff. I only believe his insincerity. Jeremy Sisto disappoints as always. Screenplay: 9/10 Kept me guessing to the end.

• Oct 17, 2013

Managing to make something this shitty with this cast is quite a feat.

Managing to make something this shitty with this cast is quite a feat.

• Sep 12, 2013

Wake up in a place when no one remember what happens before...

Wake up in a place when no one remember what happens before...

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Sep 04, 2013

I zoned out after about 30 minutes, the plot failed to engage me in what goes on in the film, characters were dull, I wish I could have gotten the 85 minutes I spent on watching the film back.