Untamed Heart Reviews

• Feb 24, 2019

The movie held my attention, but I feel like the actors for those roles should have been 10-20 years older.

• Nov 09, 2018

Makes me cry every time. A great love story.

Makes me cry every time. A great love story.

• Jun 19, 2018

One of the best chemistries between a beautiful woman and a very shy, awkward man of all time, the romance is palpable, and you feel every heart beat.

• Jun 18, 2018

Marisa Tomei is so wonderful. So talented, so cute, so adorably HOT! Christian Slater has always been underrated. Thanks to Mr. Robot, not anymore.

• Mar 19, 2018

A little sickly sweet with some unrealistic sentiment, but it's a sweet romance movie with a lot of heart (No pun intended).

• Feb 22, 2017

Being from Minnesota I liked all of the Minnesota touches. The charisma of a young Marisa Tormei is the main appeal of this movie. I didn't buy into Christian Slater's character and he is mis-cast as the strong silent type.

• Dec 04, 2016

I may be a dork (ok no maybe about it I am) but this is one of my "if you haven't seen it you must" movies!

• Sep 24, 2016

Tomei's big eyes and Slaters baboons heart, along with Nat King Cole's song make this a memorable emotional drama.

• Sep 11, 2016

Sweet story, well acted. Nothing out of this world, but I didn't feel bored or annoyed.

• Jun 19, 2016

Christian Slater play a shy bus boy in a diner who secretly loves waitress Marisa Tomei. When Slater rescues her from an attempted rape, the two develop a relationship as Slater's mysterious past comes into focus. I remember when I originally watched this film back in my video store clerk days I found it overly dramatics, emotionally manipulative, and generally a rather contrived melodrama, but at the same time I really liked it. This film is absolutely an overwrought sappy melodrama, but it's a quite god one. Slater is very likable as if Tomei, coming hot off her unexpected Oscar win for "My Cousin Vinny." Cliff Eidelman provides a sensitive score and director of photography Jost Vacano (Das Boot, Total Recall, Robocop) gives the film a fairy tale feel, though I believe most of the film's success goes to director Tony Bill who brings a sincerity to the story and the characters and elevates this from the usual films of this ilk.