Urban Legends: Final Cut Reviews

• Nov 30, 2018

One of my favorites, liked it more than the first.

One of my favorites, liked it more than the first.

• Nov 26, 2018

Really solid, fun sequel. Goes a totally different route, and I appreciate it for that. Sure, it's not wholly original, but it's entertaining and I love the ties to the original.

• Oct 18, 2018

Horrible, B rated movie. Fake, did I mention HORRIBLE!

Horrible, B rated movie. Fake, did I mention HORRIBLE!

• Sep 28, 2016

Uma perda de tempo sem tamanho.

Uma perda de tempo sem tamanho.

• Aug 16, 2016

Awful, Crap... Poorly Acted...Cliche...and Cheesy.

Awful, Crap... Poorly Acted...Cliche...and Cheesy.

• Jul 12, 2016

I honestly don't understand the flack this one gets all the time. I love all three films in the "Urban Legend trilogy".

• Oct 19, 2015

I have to say... I really think the critics were completely unfair to Urban Legends: Final Cut, the 2000 sequel to Urban Legend. I can easily imagine them seeing a sequel to a mediocre slasher, with such a corny subtitle, and not giving it a chance at all. I actually liked it a lot. It's definitely better than I Still Remember What You Did Last Summer, and I liked it better than the first Urban Legend, too. I'd even say it's better than Scream 3. The Scream movies get love for all the pop culture references and commentary, dialogue about the "rules" of horror films, extended sequences of Carpenter's Halloween being watched by characters, etc, and I Know What You Did Last Summer also plays to the urban legend thing. But Urban Legends: Final Cut both directly addresses and also applies the elements that make great films. I don't hear people talking about mise-en-scene in a Wes Craven movie. I really loved the framing and the camera work in UL: Final Cut. It has great lighting and mood. And I love Jennifer Morrison, so that helps too. It also had a few kills that were more clever, I thought, than anything in the Scream or Last Summer franchises. I have a strong suspicion that the subtitle was NOT the choice of the director. It just doesn't fit with the impression I get from the filmwork, and I can easily believe a dumb shit studio executive slapped it on there because they thought it was "edgy". You should give this one a chance!

• Oct 05, 2015

Bad, entertaining, but bad. I can only recommend it to people who have been to film school. You might appreciate it a bit more than others because it takes place at a film school.

• Jun 05, 2015

Let The Silence Fall By LiveWihtStyle

Let The Silence Fall By LiveWihtStyle

• Jun 01, 2015

Horror sequels are usually bad but this sequel sinks to an even lower level.

Horror sequels are usually bad but this sequel sinks to an even lower level.