Valet Girls Reviews

• Jul 08, 2013

"The cuisine here is great, but the parking sucks." MGMHD is showing another never-released-on-DVD 1980s snobs vs. slobs comedy in glorious widescreen and in HD. Not to be confused with the similarly titled "Valley Girl", this one is pretty terrible, but it's still fun to watch for sheer 80s nostalgia and camp. Although the film pretends to have a message about female empowerent, it's pure 80s comedy exploitation that is just crass and not all that clever. However, this film is so bad, that is does achieve camp entertainment value, with it's story about a group of scrappy young women heading out to Hollywood for entertainment careers, only to find a bunch of sleezy producers just wanting to get into their pants ("I'm talking to your boss! You'll never park in this town again!"). This film was a low-budget Charles Band Empire Pictures production, so there are no 1980s songs you'll actually regocnize, but everything else drips in 80s, which may make the film worth watching for anyone wanting some retro campy fun.

• Oct 27, 2012

This movie sheds light on the exciting lives of the parking attendants who work the cocaine-fueled private parties of film and music industry executives in Hollywood. Unfortunately, the humour in this comedy never gets into gear.

• Aug 23, 2010

Valet Girls attempt to impress record executives and movie producers in hopes of being discovered at a series of swank pool parties. Scuttled by too many unsavoury characters, but main star April Stewart shows well (in her only film credit).

• Jun 08, 2010

Super cornball 80's sex comedy, a decent amount of boobs, a silly scheme to grab for Hollywood fortune and fame, this is actually kinda fun, in a very silly, harmless kinda way. The wife and I watched for the bad 80's hair and fashions, we got our wish! Rental.

• Mar 26, 2010

Tacky, dull and endless. A relic from the 80's that's best left buried.

Tacky, dull and endless. A relic from the 80's that's best left buried.

• Jan 04, 2010

• Jan 02, 2010

I feel bad for anyone who saw this at the movie theater or drive-in.

I feel bad for anyone who saw this at the movie theater or drive-in.

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Oct 19, 2009

REALLY crappy 80s flick with a couple funny parts

REALLY crappy 80s flick with a couple funny parts

• Nicki M Super Reviewer
    Jan 23, 2009

Honestly, frickin awful. And that's coming from an 80's nut who found "Totally Awesome" acceptable! No name cast murder awful script, even the fashions are ugly in this. I kept waiting for it to improve, but it never did, guess I should have know really! Tacky, awful and really belonged in the 2.30am time slot I saw it in.