War, Inc. Reviews

• Oct 08, 2017

I like Hilary Duff song better than this movie, I watch this movie yes its was pretty bad. Hilary Duff is NO ASIAN X(

• Jan 05, 2016

A movie of walking on a cult style on a serious topic.

A movie of walking on a cult style on a serious topic.

• Jan 03, 2016

I love a good political or social satire. "Thank You For Smoking", "How to Get Rid of the Others", "Land of the Blind" and "Idiocracy" are among my favorite films. "War Inc" attempts to be a film just like those, but if fails in every way. "War Inc" takes place in a fictional country. Where "Land of the Blind" shows us a country that reminds us of at least half a dozen of countries and eras (from 18th century France, Mussolini's Italy and Lenin's Russia to '50s South-America and '70s Northern-Ireland), "War Inc" gives us nothing but a poor American caricature of the Middle-East. At no time did Turaqistan remotely seem like an actual country, not even a Middle-Eastern country like it's supposed to be. As a satire, however, this recognisability is essential for it to work. The humor in "Thank You For Smoking", "How to Get Rid of the Others" and "Land of the Blind" is all clever and subtle. "Idiocracy" gives us a shallow layer of "Beavis & Butthead"-like retarded humor and a deeper layer of intelligent humour actually making fun of those who enjoy the first layer (which many seem to miss). "War Inc" gives us none of that. For most of the film, the humor usually seems either absent or too over-the-top ("Scary Movie" style), totally losing its effect for me. The story is not very interesting either. The story of occupation and corporate greed is overshadowed by the dull interaction between a frustrated deep cover assassin, a self-conscious anti-war journalist and a confused teenage pop star, making most of the film completely uninteresting. Who would I recommend this film to? I honestly don't know. Personally I don't think it's worth wasting your time on.

• Sep 29, 2015

Jittery observational.

Jittery observational.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Jun 27, 2015

War, Inc. is a heavy handed and lazy satire that's overly concerned with its political message. The story follows a hitman who's sent to take out an Arab leader in the war-torn country of Turaqistan, which is being policed and rebuilt by private U.S. contractors. John Cusack, Hilary Duff, and Marisa Tomei lead the cast and their performances are pretty good. But the script is poorly written and there's nothing clever or subtle about its ham-fisted lampooning of the Bush Administration. Still, some of the comedy works and is outlandishly funny at times. Yet despite delivering a few laughs, War, Inc. is a clunky and convoluted film.

• Sep 11, 2014

The story was confusing and very boring.

The story was confusing and very boring.

• Jul 07, 2014

I tried hard to really like this Grosse Pointe Blank "sequel" and occasionally my dedication was rewarded, but in the end the film just didn't satisfy.

• May 17, 2014

Started off as a good satire and then degenerated into nothing. What a waste of a good cast.

• Apr 18, 2014

John Cusack egyik legrosszabb filmje, említésre sem érdemes.

John Cusack egyik legrosszabb filmje, említésre sem érdemes.

• Apr 09, 2014

Great movie about the hypocrisy of modern warfare. Funny, too.

Great movie about the hypocrisy of modern warfare. Funny, too.