We the Party Reviews

• Aug 29, 2014

omg what a movie love love 1000000000000000000times love i can watch it a 111111111222222333333333444444455556666677778889990001019282820$7739373320

• Aug 07, 2014

who was this movie made for??? anyone beyond the tween and teen group will drop out of their chair trying to watch this movie. i think i hit the floor three or four times (just kidding). there are endless scenes of monotonous 'teen' interaction and needless stagnant obsessive viewing of 'young flesh' in various stages of dress. if you are willing to punish yourself watching these sophomoric scenes of behavior you will get to the message this film so wants to tell. unfortunately this takes almost two hours! it might have been more powerful if the director & editor has whittled the footage down to at least one hour. but as it is i found myself getting very agitated watching these teens act out a life that obviously had no meaning to them outside of the script.

• Apr 16, 2014

It's not the worst movie. The cast was too much i couldn't keep track. It is like every other high school movie out there nothing new here. The movie does grow on you after a while though.

• Sep 29, 2013

The problem with this movie is that it didn't know what it wanted to be. At various points it felt like "American Pie" (1999), while at others it felt like "Dangerous Minds" (1995), and yet at times the dialogue felt like I was watching "High School Musical" (2006). Or was this supposed to be a music movie? If so, it didn't work too well. It had a really long rap battle scene, where you couldn't even understand what they were saying. If you want a movie like that, watch "8 Mile" (2002). I really didn't like most of the music in this movie--really it's not my preferred genre, so it's hard for me to judge if it was good or bad. I did like "Truth" by YG--mixing in Canon in D makes everything sound good. I think the movie would've been better if it stuck to a particular style. If they were aiming for cheesy teen movie, than they should've done that. If they were aiming for urban hardship and coming of age, they should've stuck with that. All mixed together, it ended up being mush. The movie deals with a socioeconomically diverse high school, and the teen problems within it. But again, it tried to deal with too much. It felt like there was no centralized plot, it dragged on, and there was often a feeling of "where are we going with this?" I think they should consider making this movie into a television series, that way they can deal with all the different characters and all the different situations one episode at a time.

• Jul 23, 2013

its a movie u can watch with your teens and they can relate

its a movie u can watch with your teens and they can relate

• Apr 12, 2013

or you can call it "Van Peebles Next generation" unwise I enjoyed this movie - not the humor of American Pie but a certain innocent and realistic to it.

• Mar 30, 2013

it off tha chain bro I love it

it off tha chain bro I love it

• Mar 30, 2013

Love iy it relates to us teens today

Love iy it relates to us teens today

• Mar 19, 2013

A movie with good intentions that has alot to say about youth. Unfortunately it has too many cheesy elements to recommend. It seems Mario Van Peebles directed this movie as a hipster rather than a serious filmmaker. Grade: C

• Jan 03, 2013

Entertaining movie a lot better then i expected good story that deals with a lot of issues that young teens face today.