The Wedding Gift Reviews

• Dec 13, 2015

what a beautiful love and true story about a british couple who had to struggle with the wife having a neurological disease which she got after getting a flu and in which no doctor could figure what it was nor could figure out how to treat it. it was the 1980's how the struggle of every day life and determination made this world just to hard to live it in too long.

• Feb 04, 2013

Exceedingly touching and moving drama that really hit me hard, since my 35 year old son suffers from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Stills Disease. Really well acted by Julie Walters, whom I've always loved and Jim Broadbent, who's always good. The story is portrayed with great sensitivity and the characters show great courage and humor, but most of all love. Thora Hurd's muddled old lady is charming as well. A movie well worth seeing.

• Jan 07, 2012

very touching and thought-provoking

very touching and thought-provoking

• May 07, 2011

Walking the true path of love, able to die for true love. Adele

Walking the true path of love, able to die for true love. Adele

• Mar 07, 2011

Bloody brillant performances from Walters and Broadbent with a fantastic screenplay adaption, and direction. As the story has a win at the end all because the wife wants to her husband to be happy, but it has it's emotional sadness. Full of emotional feelings for this couple.

• Sep 20, 2008

One of the finest films I've seen. A moving and, at times, heartbreaking journey into the hearts of a loving couple. The true meaning of devotion and sacrifice are explored as well as an unflinching look at pain and illness. Julie Walters and Jim Broadbent are outstanding.

• Sep 05, 2007

Julie Walters handles a difficult role with great professionalism and she doesn't over do it with her acting. She makes the film worth watching. It's a good story, tastefully done. Well directed. Jim Broadbent is also very good.