White Water Summer Reviews

• Nov 22, 2019

Fun movie from the 80's

Fun movie from the 80's

• Jun 26, 2018

White Water summer is one of the two Kevin Bacon movies featuring white rapids. This one is the more jovial one as he plays a camp coach to a bunch of youngsters. The usual follies follow. The direction is good, and some outdoor scenes of the wilderness are quite good. Still, this is one of those easily forgotten movies that Kevin Bacon made to probably earn a paycheck. Good one-time watch.

• Sep 16, 2016

I recently re-watched this with my daughters and realized that I had forgotten how good this movie was! I originally saw it when I was 13 years old and there were still some scenes that had me on the edge of my seat. Well acted by all actors.

• Aug 21, 2016

White Water Summer is a little known Kevin Bacon movie about a badass camp leader who takes young adults into the forest to teach how to be men. The boys turn out to be better campers than their camp leader. Good cast good script not the best movie but good to watch once.

• Jul 23, 2016

This is awful, predictable and illogical at every point. The adolescent boys speak stilted, awkward dialogue of the "hurry up!" and "hold on!" variety, never sounding the least bit natural. Awful, pointless plot. Annoying, blaring score of dancey pop numbers out in the wilderness, as if Kevin Bacon was expected to break into a "Footloose" number at some point. In the not-very-exciting climax, one boy is left alone with injured Kevin Bacon while the others go to find help. Not content to stay in a safe place where they can be found, boy takes Kevin on a reckless canoe trip where they nearly drown. Happily, the search helicopter finds them easily where the movie abruptly ends. Yawn.

• Jun 11, 2016

An 80s teen film I'd never seen before. Kevin Bacon plays the adult in the film as he leads a desperate group of city kids on a wilderness adventure. Sean "Samwise Gamges" Astin plays the main protagonist of the film who starts the film as a misfit who is out of his element, but Bacon teaches lots of life lessons to the boys and they are all better for it in the end. The film is very predictable and has no real surprises, but the film does have some 80s charm to it and it was photographed Stanley Kubrick's regular director of photography, John Alcott, who this was one of his last films.

• May 05, 2016

A wilderness guide pushes the limits of three teens in this dry coming of age drama.

• Feb 01, 2016

Favourite childhood movie. This was intense when I was little. Dying to see it again.

• Dec 21, 2015

This movie is your typical 80's movie but it's a must see

This movie is your typical 80's movie but it's a must see

• Jul 31, 2014

A good movie. Been a fan of it since I was a kid. Sure it's a little dated but then again so is Spacecamp and that is also a great film. Lots of good dialogue and cinematography. Not a dull moment and Kevin Bacons character raises questions. Is he crazy? Is he just a survivor trying to teach spoked city kids how to be men and live off the land? Perhaps a bit of both and that makes him a memorable character in an underrated movie.