X-Men: First Class - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men: First Class Reviews

½ July 25, 2016
This is a prequel to other X men Films but i hated that the beginning is similar to the first movie, There were a bunch of cool superpowers and the cgi didn't fail once, I got to be not too rough on the humour.
It was a little serious but most of it was amazing.
I Loved it, Even if it had particular begins and similar endings, some can tell you there will be another sequel. and the powers in this movie were Awesome!

Score: more than 87%, About 92%, (A.K.A: 9/10)
½ July 25, 2016
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE were better but this one was still pre good!
(4.5/5)
July 24, 2016
just out my mind good
July 24, 2016
Honestly I never expected this to be good at all since there was no Wolverine in it. But it's Surprisingly a very good prequel to the X-Men movies, Mathew Vaughn is definitely an amazing director. The best thing about the movie is that it has a unique story, a well plot, and the casting was perfect, I really really like Fassbender as Magneto more than Ian McKellen, and the same goes to James McAvoy as Charles Xavier. Other than that the rest of the cast were great, but I feel like the inappropriate scenes were unnecessary and weren't really funny for me. But otherwise this was truly an enjoyable fun and a strong addition to the franchise and to a new era.
Score: 8/10
½ July 22, 2016
I have seen many of the X-Men films. I seem to dig them, but I can't stand most of the other Marvel stuff. I believe the "X-Men" film from 2000 was one of the first DVD-films I saw with surround and everything. Very good stuff. Later on I have seen several other films of the series, maybe all of them, but I don't think I have seen them in order, and there has been years between the films.

I like the story here, this is a solid prequel. Acion, effects and cool characters. Some with nice powers other are less cool. This is a film where you know what you are gonna get, but not how well the story are told or how the presentation are put togheter. Sure, it's predictable, sure, it's straight forward, but it works. I got few complains here and it never seem way too over the top or straight up stupid - the most important matters here for me. It also looks good. Magneto and Professor X are the characters that are best acted out, other actors are doing OK as their picked character.

One of the better action or superhero films for me, but it's not bringing much new to the table or positive surprizes. It's just what it should be, but nothing more.

7 out of 10 coins.
July 21, 2016
****
The movies a lot of fun, and Matthew Vaughn's signature touch is very much appreciated.
July 18, 2016
A well-done action movie... that falls apart once you start thinking about it.
July 17, 2016
In a class of its own among prequels, First Class hits a home run with excellent casting and a great score.
½ July 15, 2016
A gripping, intelligent, and at times moving take on the origins of the X-Men film universe that reinvigorates the franchise.
½ July 11, 2016
First Class shows the beginnings of the X-Men, as mutants are brought together to help stop nuclear fallout. But, soon their differences become too much as they are torn apart. First Class has a talented cast and terrific characters, as well as a very satisfying ending.
½ July 10, 2016
A quasi-reboot that significantly, stylishly advances the ongoing formula of the franchise along with its vast amount of characters and puts forward its ardent storyline which is in the best sense of words, 'First Class.'
July 8, 2016
This could have been a good movie, if only the had not miscast mystique so badly and so prudishly. I am sorry but she really is a terrible actresss. Magneto's story is great however, and the Cuban missile crisis is used to good effect. A few more deaths were needed in the final scene. In the end a rather mixed bag - many good ideas but also mediocre choices.
June 24, 2016
Richtig gut! Ein paar ganz kleine Schwächen zum Schluß, aber trotzdem ein sehr gelungener und würdiger Auftakt der x-men Serie!
½ June 24, 2016
Diversão pura e Personagens muito fieis são algumas das características de X-Men: Primeira Classe,Alem da maquiagem e efeitos visuais,sem falar do roteiro e das atuações sensacionais de James McAvoy e Michael Fassbender e da direção do competente Matthew Vaughn.
½ June 18, 2016
It has some good action sequences, great characters, and a good story
June 17, 2016
My favorite X-Men so far! Very well cast! Michael Fassbender, wow! Let's face it, if you were cast to play a younger Ian McKellen, you'd spend your day on the toilet puking and shitting. Ian is a force of nature, one of the great - greats! Well congratulations Fassbender, now you're one of the great - greats! I really love what they have done with this franchise!
June 16, 2016
Bryan Singer brought an all new cast of mutants to the screen telling the story of how the X-Men all began as a team in the first place. McAvoy & Fassbender as Professor X and Magneto gave great performances respectively, especially considering how great Patrick Stewart and Sir Ian McKellan did with the first cinematic interpretations of those characters. I really like Rose Byrn as Moira McTaggert and I love that they went with The Hellfire Club as the villains of the movie. I didn't even realize that they were the hellfire club until yesterday and I am disappointed in myself for that as I have already seen this movie like 3 or 4 times The students were kind of mediocre except for Beast and Mystique. I actually wasn't that big into Jennifer Lawrence but today my wife explained to me that Mystique in these movies is actually a much different character from the one portrayed in the comics and the original trilogy. The Mystique in this movie is much more relatable and shares a lot of history with Xavier. She was written to be a relatable character and not as a villain. And that's not Jennifer Lawrence's fault. It's just the way Mystique was written in this movie. I can deal with that explanation and be at peace with the whole thing, but I still prefer Rebecca Romijn. Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shah was one of the best characters in this movie too. Also Janurary Jones as Emma Frost was perfect! The story was good, it's a fun movie, and thank you Bryan Singer for bringing back the X-Men!
½ June 16, 2016
Functions and performs perfectly like any prequel fashioned as a multi-origin story to the franchise's themes, elements and developments in selective character arcs, done with strong performances and exhilaration and fresh energy into the successful revival attempt. Summing up its position in the X-Men franchise, it's around more entertaining than the original trilogy to settle for the second best behind its successor. (A)

(Full review coming soon)
June 15, 2016
60s Bond + hunt for red October + inglorious baaterds
½ June 15, 2016
X-Men First Class stars an ensemble cast featuring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, and Jennifer Lawrence, and is the origin story of how the X-Men came to be. There is a lot to love about this movie if you're like me and enjoy origin stories. The highlight of the movie is by far the performances and chemistry of McAvoy and Fassbender as Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr, respectively. Those who have seen the original X-Men trilogy know that these two characters are both friend and foe to each other, and this movie really explores their relationship. We also see how this relationship affects Raven (Lawrence), who has been a longtime friend of Charles but sees eye-to-eye more with Erik. The rest of the cast is very solid as well. We get a look at how Hank McCoy (played by Nicholas Hoult) came to become Beast, which is a solid subplot. The other X-Men aren't really fleshed-out, but they serve their purpose. The villains, led by Kevin Bacon, are very good (except for January Jones' Emma Frost). The film score stands out among superhero movie music as something great. Matthew Vaughn's direction is highly enjoyable, maintaining tone and guiding the actors along. Overall, this is one of my favorite superhero movies and a must-see for anybody who enjoys the genre.