X-Men: First Class - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men: First Class Reviews

August 13, 2017
WOW! I surprisingly love this movie! Definitely a lot better then X-Men: The Last Stand! I love the casting choice, the plot was surprising excellent & the visuals are awesome! A great addition to the X-Men franchise!
August 1, 2017
It restores your faith in the X-Men franchise. especially after X-Men last stand and X-Men origins wolverine.
½ July 24, 2017
Fun, action packed and led by great performances, X-Men: First Class is a thrilling ride.
July 21, 2017
Surely one of the most surprisingly good remakes/reboots in a franchise in modern cinema! While the casting choice was praticly perfect, the script is good, the action and CGI are definitely better than the one in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" and (almost) all the characters had the development that they deserved and that the needed. It is one of the best movies in the all franchise and it was just the beggining of a far more spetacular prequel franchise of the 2010's.
July 16, 2017
An OK film not the best
July 13, 2017
X-Men: First Class steps it up big time with style, tense action, and a great cast.
July 12, 2017
Boldness, script, and character development is what X-Men: Last Stand lacked. Thankfully, this outing made us partially forget it, and brought all the mentioned qualities above with it.
July 11, 2017
the best x-men movie out there
½ July 8, 2017
As comic book reboot movies go, this is pretty good. It's got a really good cast, particularly Fassbender and McAvoy, and a nice sleek retro look. Kevin Bacon makes a great villain. But ... we're really looking at a movie that's about 75% uninteresting filler characters and keeps revisiting themes that the previous trilogy kinda drove into the ground. It does it's job, but it really isn't memorable.
July 8, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: Going back and seeing the birth of these characters might sound like it's scraping the barrel, but 'X-Men: First Class' is entirely viable because it delves even further into the philosophies and reasoning of Erik and Charles. This development is aided further by a story that also studies the themes of before in more detail, and as a result of all these things you've got yourself a prequel that truly adds something to the experience when watching the original trilogy. In it's own right too, it's by far the most stylish X-Men film to date thanks to Michael Vaughn's experienced hand, and a very appropriate score from Henry Jackman.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Sadly it does also fall slightly into the usual prequel traps as the film's script is generally far more concerned with establishing and explaining everything than telling its own emotionally engaging story. This tick-box approach means we get well-established characters and themes, but it also means we get very little time with each scene - and thus less engagement than one might expect.
VERDICT: First Class delivers a lot, but I'd rather it delivered a little less with a whole lot more emotion and heart.
July 4, 2017
X-Men: First Class is one big elegant prequel for the franchise, filled with strong moments, satisfying visual feasts and balanced performances.
July 4, 2017
This is a prequel in the X-Men series of movies in the current Marvel universe. In this film it shows the origin of the X-Men and their greatest nemesis Magneto. As usual they don't follow the story that was originally in the comic books I remember and loved back in the 1960s but it is an excellent film with a good plot and story.
June 27, 2017
Plot was amazing. Effects were amazing. Almost, if not everything, was amazing. You do not have to be a X-Men fanatic to enjoy this movie (although you met get some of the jokes presented). It's a nice way of telling everyone how the X-Men started.
June 24, 2017
This movie put the X-men series back on track. Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy were great. The villain is actually pretty good.

8.5/10
June 20, 2017
i Love seeing James McAvoy (Professor X) Michael Fassbender (Magneto) play there characters so well it truly is a treat
½ June 20, 2017
This movie was better than all the other previous X-Men movies. However, it was not faithful to one of the key elements of the original comics. I would have liked the movie to include the mutants struggle for civil rights, which was notably absent. This adaptation chose to play it safe and put that people were unaware of the existence of mutants.
June 17, 2017
Better than The Last Stand, for sure. First Class's younger characters and sadly a lack of Hugh Jackman end up to overall good, even if we aren't seeing Wolverine kicking ass on the screen. Overall, First Class is a great time, with great acting, humor, action, but nothing that felt too over the top or unnecessary. This film is exactly how it should have been, and it exceeds marvelously as a great time.
½ June 10, 2017
Superb attempt at a reboot.
June 8, 2017
X-Men: First Class is so cool :)
June 6, 2017
One of those rare movies that you can watch over and over again
from start to finish it was purely AWESOME