X-Men: First Class - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men: First Class Reviews

April 22, 2017
So awesome! Great reboot for the saga!!!
½ April 15, 2017
After the travesty of The Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine, First Class revives the franchise from the brink of death. The performances are incredible, the action is fun and intense, the directing is Oscar-worthy, and the script is very well-written.
April 14, 2017
A solid super hero film that did its best to resolve the issues weighing down the x-men franchise, with a refreshing new cast and a compelling story. The villain however was a little lackluster and basic in terms of character.
½ April 13, 2017
The premise starts out well enough but once things settle you realize this is an incredibly rushed story. Little time is given to establish the real brotherly bond between Charles and Eric and the film is the worse for it.
P.S.Beast looks ridiculous
April 11, 2017
This was a pleasant surprise after the fiasco that was "Origins". This prequel has stylish action, an enthralling storyline, and a well-rounded ensemble cast.
½ April 4, 2017
A fantastic prequel to the original trilogy of X-Men films, First Class introduces a new younger cast that absolutely has the ability to carry the franchise for years. McAvoy and Fassbender are wonderful as Professor X and Magneto and lead this fun new chapter in X-Men lore.
½ March 23, 2017
One of the better X-Men movies. The characters were all cool and good. The acting was a little strange, though. But the action was good.
March 19, 2017
A bold, fun, and extremely entertaining superhero flick!

Grade: A+
March 19, 2017
I loved it. I thing the score really helped pull the emotion of various scenes adding to the intensity, Michael Fassbender's accent seemed to go in different directions. Otherwise the film really put forward a touching, light heartted introduction to the X-Men's origins with plenty of humorous moments.
½ March 19, 2017
Unique directing and writing, X-Men: First Class is a memorable prequel that can stand out on its own.
Very interesting concept
March 18, 2017
Not bad, not bad at all. Above average X-Men movie but not as good as United. My Score: 70%
March 18, 2017
Hey a pretty good xmen movie. Much better than all the ones before it in my mind.
½ March 18, 2017
Everything you want from a prequel and then some.
½ March 18, 2017
Interesting and I think best X-men out of all 5. The acting was awesome. It also deals with personal issues and is beautifully photographed. Very very very very good!
March 13, 2017
My favorite x-men movie so far, it's one heck of a movie!
½ March 11, 2017
Nice to see a superhero movie returning to telling a story.

Great action, brilliant special effects and a first class cast. The movie fits nicely with the other X-films, while feeling fresher, younger and sexier.
March 10, 2017
Although there are some bad parts to this movie and some corny lines, I still really enjoyed myself while watching this movie, and was at the edge of my seat during most of the action. Although this movie didn't have The Wolverine in it, I was fine with it while watching the movie and didn't bring the movie down in any way.
March 10, 2017
A great X-Men movie that screams the 60s. A lot of fun.
½ March 9, 2017
With Matthew Vaughn at the helm, X-Men: First Class is a classy, fun time that brings the best out of it's strong cast. The action scenes and dialogue pop with a ferocity, and breaths life into a incredibly engaging storyline.