The Yellow Handkerchief Reviews

• Dec 12, 2018

The apparent news from the in people in the industry was that no distributer wanted to buy this movie. Despite a respectable cast, The Yellow Handkerchief has sat on the shelf for nearly three years. The director, Udayan Prasad, is something of an unknown quantity (he does not have any "A list" films on his resume), and no major distributor was willing to take a chance on such a listless, dialogue-intensive motion picture. The Samuel Goldwyn Company paid a minimal amount for the rights, viewing this as a low-risk, high-reward endeavor. They will no doubt heavily promote Kristen Stewart's involvement, hoping to bilk Twilight fans into seeing this movie. There's little enough to appeal to them in The Yellow Handkerchief and almost nothing for anyone else.(pretentious mess).

• Dec 31, 2016

will always be a fave

will always be a fave

• Dec 09, 2016

William Hurt's impressive performance isn't enough to carry the weight of this entire dull story while the rest of the cast, although renown, float about with little to dispel the blandness resulting in an enjoyable but forgettable drama.

• Apr 17, 2016

classic, william hurt!

classic, william hurt!

• Apr 03, 2015

A mostly pointless story about a man, Hurt, who needlessly goes to prison for manslaughter and gets released six years later hoping his former wife (the lovely Bello) - whom he forced into divorcing him - is waiting for him. He meets a couple of outcast kids looking for acceptance (the even lovelier Stewart and Redmayne) who tag along to find out his story and force him to see it through. Eh.

• Nov 06, 2014

This is a good road movie. I do like road movies and this one must be ranked in a higher category than most. From character painting to story development and visual narration this little film convinces throughout. William Hurt, Kristen Stewart and Eddie Redmayne form this weird group of ex-con, hurt teen and outcast that travels through post Katrina Louisiana. Slowly the background story of this guy is told and it is captivating how these three people begin to form a unity. Very convincing. 7,9/10 " - rogdie

• Jun 22, 2014

This entire movie appears to be about three outcasts in a car going nowhere and for no reason. Honestly- that's it. I love Eddie Redmayne, but I really should have rented this before buying it. Even the $5 price tag at Wal*Mart was too much.

• Jun 16, 2014

At first I thought the movie was too slow and boring but as it progressed, I started to like the characters and to feel for them... And I have to confess that the end left me misty-eyed...:)

• Sep 28, 2013

Beautiful and sad story with a happy ending. Very good acting from everyone, except Kristen Stewart. I don't know, she was just... there. Is like she does't even try. Never liked her acting, or lack of it.

• Sep 25, 2013

Intelligent editing and great camera work sharpens the actors and their characters. Acting is of high quality bringing a mysterious edge to each scene. This undercurrent gently twists and turns as the history of the past is revealed giving a luscious depth that is very visible. The strength of emotions and characters continues to the final scene. Nibbles: Sesame Noodles with Shrimp and Peppers.