You're Next - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

You're Next Reviews

½ October 2, 2017
Bloody good fun & a decent twist.

[7/10]
½ September 29, 2017
Great movie! I loved it scared the crap out of me. Great movie for Halloween!
½ September 19, 2017
Pretty ridiculous and the ending even more so.
September 18, 2017
This is one of those classic-overlooked-film. I first watched this back in 2012, and at that time there was no other movie like this where it ignites your curiosity of putting the lead character, Erin and Bourne in the same house just to see who can outsmart the other. It makes you forget the debouchery that was StepUp3 and be like, "...wait that was the girl in StepUp3??!". If you think Gadot and Theron set the bar for badass leading ladies in 2017, well back then in 2012 Vinson set the bar for me and actually inspired me to get back in martial arts. This is one of those movies I would recommend to other and just refuse to spoil it until they see it for themselves. But most definitely after watching this you'll want to double, maybe triple the security around your house, because you never know if you could be Next :3
September 7, 2017
a loving tribute to the slasher horror genre refreshing and fun just a absolute thrill ride a must watch
½ September 7, 2017
literally just so average
August 28, 2017
This is an outstanding movie with great acting and plot twists. Vinson is the star of the movie and delivers an exceptional performance. A must watch for horror buffs.
August 22, 2017
The bad-ass protagonist and the brutally awesome bloody deaths mostly make up for the bad acting, terrible characters and dopey story.
½ August 14, 2017
Between a 6/10 and 7/10, by slasher standards, the writing is good, with interesting turns and surprises. And the acting isn't bad, either.
½ August 10, 2017
A fresh, original take on the survival horror trope with a strong female lead.
½ July 28, 2017
An ingenious mix of gore and drama with one of the most badass characters.
July 17, 2017
Big disappointments like this horror movie are pitiful not for the terrible attempt to make it "modern" by putting a great [heroine] as - invincible - but the unability that have these filmmakers to write something rich, convincing, affordable, and less catastrophic in every sense. 43/100
½ July 10, 2017
You're Next is smart, satirical, gory and fast-paced. The film plays around with many tropes of the genre and manages to come across as simultaneously fresh and familiar. Adam Wingard's strange home invasion flick is a brilliant entry into storied annals of horror.
June 18, 2017
Adam Wingard presents probably one of his best movies to date, yet still hasn't perfected his formula for a great horror blockbuster. Sharni Vinson is by far the the best part about this movie presenting us with an almost Sydney Prescott style performance, the tension is nail-biting and keeps building throughout the movie, but the first two acts of this movie are rather boring, things don't really get going until the third act and by then most people have given up on the movie entirely. Overall You're Next is a fun horror movie, but hardly the cult classic people were expecting.
May 5, 2017
Smart and Twisted! Definitely an underrated horror film my personal favorite!
April 30, 2017
I liked this movie! Some unexpected, but along the lines of what I expected. I'm a converted horror fan, so I enjoyed this one! Whoever did the score did a good job. Believe it or not, there are a fair share of laughs in this one. Very entertaining. I would recommend!
April 22, 2017
Awesome, action packed, great twist and a surprisingly good horror film.
April 14, 2017
Found this film boring, the acting forced and quite jarring.
½ April 4, 2017
You're Next, another horror film based on the premise of an home invasion that was way over hyped. However, this film has a refreshing new take on the whole genre by making the antagonist a girl who is more terrifying than the killers. A genuine fun thrill ride with an outstanding lead girl and a good blend of horror and fun.
March 28, 2017
A terrifying, satirical, brilliantly crafted horror flick that is endlessly watchable. I sincerely hope that Adam Wingard is here to stay.