You're Next - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

You're Next Reviews

½ April 14, 2018
Divertido "home invasion", de esos que te hacen decir entre dientes "joder sí" cada vez que la protagonista tiene la ventaja sobre los asaltantes, porque sí, en esta cinta, los personajes y sobretodo nuestra principal, toman decisiones lógicas e intentan hacer algo, más allá de gritar y quedarse arrinconados. Otra cosa es que les salga bien claro.

Sin duda es comprensible porque Wingard comenzó a ganarse su reputación tras esta pelicula, algo que quedaría bien cimentado en su siguiente trabajo; aunque ahora parece haber perdido fuelle...

Sea como sea, esta es una obra entretenida, sin grandes pretensiones, pero que ofrece un visionado más que satisfactorio.
½ April 1, 2018
I loved this film so much. I was so scared I was ready to quit half way through, but by the end I was completely hooked. The director had me double guessing at every turn, and I loved it
March 22, 2018
They got everything right when they made this one
March 15, 2018
One of the more clever horror films ever. Especially in the last decade or so.
½ March 12, 2018
"A good mix of horror, good scares and jumps makes for a good film, although, i believe they could of added a bit more story to it, but over all its a pretty good film.
½ February 22, 2018
This gore fest gets better every time I watch it. You're Next is only saddled by lazy acting at times. Nonetheless, You're Next is an enjoyable movie.
February 4, 2018
A messed up family, cleaned up by an outsider!

This kind of films is usually low rated by me. It's very rare that I find one good film and that happened to be this one. I was braced for another disappointment, then I totally got surprised when it reached half way mark. Good twist too. In fact, there are many twists in the final quarters. Not like breathtaking, but very acceptable with kind of story and characters it had.

Another home invasion film. A family reunites for the parent's wedding anniversary at their rural vacation house. Slowly all the children arrive with their life partners, and then suddenly while dining, the attack takes place. Creates full of chaos, the family does not know what to do. But one of the members' retaliation makes thing complication for the attackers. What follows after that, and how it all ends are the rest of the story.

First of all, this is not a horror film as labelled. It is a terror. We don't have a such genre, so it comes under horror. But the best way to call it a thriller. Sharni Vinson was very good. It's because of how her role was designed. Best film so far by this filmmaker, until his upcoming big titles. A one-night-event film, and of course a limited cast. They make sequels for crap films, but this one definitely deserves one. So I'm expecting one. Thos who love this genre must see it.

8/10
January 29, 2018
This movie surpasses expectations. It has a cheeky, self-aware component that keeps it from ever taking itself too seriously. It is brilliantly directed and a very fun film to watch. It also does a great job of adding originality and spirit to a somewhat overused plot. Acting was ok, the female lead stole the show, but some of the side characters were not especially memorable. Overall,it was a fun horror flick, very enjoyable.
½ December 8, 2017
It doesn't have great direction or a particularly above average script, but it does have a great addition to the final girl trope in the form of Erin. Also, kudos to the music, which was pretty effective.
November 12, 2017
Surprisingly well done horror movie. The first act is borderline terrible but the film redeems itself with the last two acts being really great because of some stylish kills and a fantastic performance from the lead.
½ October 31, 2017
With the majority of big studio horror flicks being pure crap these days, it's always nice to see an indie like this come along to put a new spin on a familiar theme. You're Next starts off like the predictable home invasion flick, but things take a surprising turn in the second act with some nicely executed twists and dark humour. Director Adam Wingrad moves everything along with plenty of gore and suspense, playing on the genre's familiarity and then turning it on its head. Sharni Vinson carries the film extremely well, and it's always nice to see scream queen Barbra Crampton back in the genre. You're Next is by no means groundbreaking, but it's entertaining as hell and manages to throw a few new ideas into the tired home invasion genre. With so many garbage horror movies out there these days, it's easy to recommend You're Next.
October 30, 2017
bloody, brutal, messy. you're next is family fun.
½ October 20, 2017
I would rate it worse but it did have unintentional humor and, surprisingly, an interesting place twist. great flick to watch with friends if you want to make fun of a movie.
½ October 2, 2017
Bloody good fun & a decent twist.

[7/10]
½ September 29, 2017
Great movie! I loved it scared the crap out of me. Great movie for Halloween!
½ September 19, 2017
Pretty ridiculous and the ending even more so.
September 18, 2017
This is one of those classic-overlooked-film. I first watched this back in 2012, and at that time there was no other movie like this where it ignites your curiosity of putting the lead character, Erin and Bourne in the same house just to see who can outsmart the other. It makes you forget the debouchery that was StepUp3 and be like, "...wait that was the girl in StepUp3??!". If you think Gadot and Theron set the bar for badass leading ladies in 2017, well back then in 2012 Vinson set the bar for me and actually inspired me to get back in martial arts. This is one of those movies I would recommend to other and just refuse to spoil it until they see it for themselves. But most definitely after watching this you'll want to double, maybe triple the security around your house, because you never know if you could be Next :3
September 7, 2017
a loving tribute to the slasher horror genre refreshing and fun just a absolute thrill ride a must watch
½ September 7, 2017
literally just so average
August 28, 2017
This is an outstanding movie with great acting and plot twists. Vinson is the star of the movie and delivers an exceptional performance. A must watch for horror buffs.