You're Next - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

You're Next Reviews

June 18, 2017
Adam Wingard presents probably one of his best movies to date, yet still hasn't perfected his formula for a great horror blockbuster. Sharni Vinson is by far the the best part about this movie presenting us with an almost Sydney Prescott style performance, the tension is nail-biting and keeps building throughout the movie, but the first two acts of this movie are rather boring, things don't really get going until the third act and by then most people have given up on the movie entirely. Overall You're Next is a fun horror movie, but hardly the cult classic people were expecting.
May 5, 2017
Smart and Twisted! Definitely an underrated horror film my personal favorite!
April 30, 2017
I liked this movie! Some unexpected, but along the lines of what I expected. I'm a converted horror fan, so I enjoyed this one! Whoever did the score did a good job. Believe it or not, there are a fair share of laughs in this one. Very entertaining. I would recommend!
April 22, 2017
Awesome, action packed, great twist and a surprisingly good horror film.
April 14, 2017
Found this film boring, the acting forced and quite jarring.
½ April 4, 2017
You're Next, another horror film based on the premise of an home invasion that was way over hyped. However, this film has a refreshing new take on the whole genre by making the antagonist a girl who is more terrifying than the killers. A genuine fun thrill ride with an outstanding lead girl and a good blend of horror and fun.
March 28, 2017
A terrifying, satirical, brilliantly crafted horror flick that is endlessly watchable. I sincerely hope that Adam Wingard is here to stay.
March 26, 2017
A great take on the home invasion/slasher genre, with an epic female lead performance, a smart and violent plot, and some fitting dark humor.
March 20, 2017
Boasting a rock-solid performance from Sharni Vinson, dazzlingly energetic direction from Adam Wingard and a sharply written script from Simon Barrett, You're Next is a once-in-a-lifetime synthesis of home invasion anxiety, dysfunctional family dramedy, unrestrained gore and subversive twists.
March 18, 2017
One of the best horror movies I've seen in a long time. It was lots of fun. Great twist on the home invasion genre. It was very gory and had great kills. It had one of the best female leads for a horror movie I've seen in a while. Great ending that wrapped everything up.
March 7, 2017
"It's a thrill ride, a reminder of when horror films were fun, and almost never disappoints"
February 23, 2017
I'd been wanting to see this thing forever, so when it finally hit Blu-ray I snapped it up immediately and gave it a look. I'm pleased to say that this siege film *definitely* lived up to the film fest hype from the past few years while it's toured around and was well worth the wait.

Give it a rental at the very least.
½ February 6, 2017
For its genre, it's an amazing mix of horror and comedy. Complete with a brilliant lead actress!
½ January 18, 2017
Darkly hilarious and with plenty of gore to please horror fans. Adam Wingard truly established himself as a promising genre director.
January 16, 2017
The acting isn't bad, movie is just about an hour and 30 minutes,which is a good thing. Not bad for a home invasion movie, doesn't have too many "Wtf would they do that, are they stupid?!' moments. However it's still cliche heavy and you can basically guess what's gonna happen next most of the time. If you have nothing better to watch, give it a try, it's not a total time waster.
January 15, 2017
I liked it but there's a lot of plotholes that aren't explained. Why did the assassins kill the neighbors in the opening scene?
½ January 10, 2017
You're Next is a fun horror movie.
December 28, 2016
Half cooked slasher movie. Gross but still great.
December 3, 2016
ZOMG this is amazing!
November 27, 2016
the main actress is wonderful! she plays it so calm and understated and comes across as a complete badass! i was rooting for her to be the final girl from the very beginning! also the creepy music could easily be another character in the movie... it is constant and really gets under your skin! if you are looking for a edgy horror movie with a great twist check this one out!