Yuva Reviews

• Sep 08, 2020

A class film made by a class director! Packed with a power punch! Top notch performances by Abhishek Bachchan (maybe he saves his best for Mani Ratnam). Ajay Devgan is as brooding as he usually is. Kolkata looks beautiful. A must watch film.

• Jun 11, 2014

Mani Ratnam's hyperlink screenplay is probably the best thing in this film. His direction is equally commendable fusing student politics, romance, American dream, mafias & poverty. Terrific camera work by Ravi Chandran which gives a very raw feel to the film with Rahman's mesmerising score. Also commendable acting by 3 male leads. One great political thriller & Calcutta looks beautiful here.

• Oct 27, 2012

Thrilling to the core!

Thrilling to the core!

• Jun 27, 2011

A Strong Movie about youth And Politics. Great Performances.

A Strong Movie about youth And Politics. Great Performances.

• Dec 30, 2010

One of my my most favorite Mani Ratnam Hindi films of all time. The casting was great and Abishek Bachchan's performance made us feel that his character was so damn realistic. The casting was great and the narration simply brilliant.

• Aug 20, 2010

A bad movie. A not so interesting plot stretched for two and half hours. Unnecessary love angles, mediocre songs shoved in the movie that adds to your misery, technical goofs (rain scenes shot in broad daylight). It follows the style of "Magnolia" or "Babel", of intertwining different story lines. Only positive part is that it is the first time that I have seen a Hindi movie shot in Calcutta.

• Apr 17, 2010

the plot was ohkk.. students turning into politicians, zingy chemistry between kareena and vivek. But Abhishek Bachchan stole my breath away, his sensual chemistry with Rani, the violent scenes. He won Best supporting actor for this role of Lallan Singh. One of his scene taking acting.

• Mar 01, 2010

it just fantastic movie, brilliant story of 3 youngster and how there life goes to diff ways. very good performance by abhishek bachchan. and great direction by mani ratnam. all in all a very good movie to watch.

• Jan 16, 2010

Nice plot, But Michael's (Ajay Devgan) Character should have been portrayed by someone else!!

• Nov 10, 2009

This isn't just another movie by the master Mani Ratnam. For me, this is his best work till now. Brilliant acting, classic concept.. 5 stars for me, by me.