Brave New World: Season 1 Reviews

• 22h ago

Great series, and quite insightful.. More like an eye opener.

Great series, and quite insightful.. More like an eye opener.

• 4d ago

Ugly and boring. Don't waste your time on this

Ugly and boring. Don't waste your time on this

• Feb 28, 2021

Amazing that this was written in 1932. Makes one stop and think about what aspects of this fiction are already upon us...

• Jan 24, 2021

A must watch! Amazing show ,a show the media or certain extreme groups of the society would not enjoy or support for sure ..probably thats why it was cancelled and you see some bad reviews here.. Its not the book and I dont think it pretends to be like that piece of art but I think its a great way to show (to the ones didnt read the book) a few point of views and the way how a manipulated system works ,our system.. besides other things.. I loved it .. FREEDOM what an important thing it is ...yeah ! I loved this show ..what a pity they cancelled it ..guess it was not convenient , too uncomfortable true to watch..

• Jan 02, 2021

Essential for normies

Essential for normies

• Nov 05, 2020

An interesting and entertaining version of the story. I enjoyed the book and the 1980's film, this series improved on the film and added a modern take of the 1930's book. The storyline, acting and cinematography were all very good.

• Nov 02, 2020

I think this show is amazing and I'm sorry to learn it was cancelled after one season. The production, directors, and actors really committed to the vision - both dramatically and cinematically. It's been a long time since I read the book. However, I don't think it's necessary to have read the book to appreciate the series, because the series creates it's own world and beautifully shows the outcomes and pitfalls involved with the different worldviews. I hope this show is picked up elsewhere - I think there is more to explore.

• Oct 28, 2020

it starts out well, the actors are good, there is budget, but it completely deviates from the book in the second half and especially towards the end. The whole serie is excessively centered on libertinage and the lack of privacy due to the connection to Indra, and really not enough on political or philosophical matters, while in the book there is just non-monogamy and there is more problems at stake [spoiler] the role of Bernard even becomes opposed to his actions of the book where he is rebellious, here he is in the last ones to defend the system and all of this because of the addition of a love triangle absent from the book (his interest in Lenina and his jealousy towards John). Also, we see the writers don't know where they're going with their additions like Indra around the end, like when she decides to stay with Bernard, while the system is broken, how exactly is she still a thing leaving in his implant, and this implant still working? what is in the box? Also, why is Lenina not living with John while she asked to leave during the last half season ? this last half and the final episode feel confused, as if they didn't know how to end (in the book, it's not a happy ending at all for some, and a neutral ending for others, and the brave new world continues, so it seems they didn't know how to change properly) In short, it can pass the time but it could have been so much better in terms of history, dialogue and dystopian subjects addressed

• Oct 25, 2020

An touching and profound series on the importance of freedom

An touching and profound series on the importance of freedom

• Oct 16, 2020

The vastly differing scores between so-called professional critics and the viewing public for this show surprise me, but confirm my view that the professionals are simply parasitic entities, who just don't understand the viewing public. Forget the novel, this is an interpretation of that story, and a very fine one at that, most especially from Jessica Brown Findlay and from Harry lloyd. I loved it. Yes, its a bit crass and titillating in parts, but it is a very entertaining watch, beautifully set and shot, and it deserves a watch. Great work Sky, keep em coming.