Dark: Season 3 Reviews

• 1h ago

Dark finished with a beautiful nostalgia always to remember. It took the viewers to a different world for 3 seasons.

• 2h ago

An epic, never-seen experience! The screenplay by Jantje Friese and Baran bo Odar is just amazing due to the intelligent and complex storyline and the perfect characters. Insane minds! The actors (I am German and had never heard of most of the names before) are doing a great job too! In this context to say that the series is maybe a bit too German (no jokes, seldom smiles, depressive atmosphere) but that fits actually the apocalyptic and at the end nihilistic narrative of the series! Overall, a must-see!

• 3h ago

One of the best TV series ever made, period. Currently my all-time favorite. A greek tragedy with a scientific, philosophical and mythological undertone. Masterful writing, direction, design and casting.

• 8h ago

Very well filmed and very well acted. So much so that it fools you into thinking it is good but it is really not. 1st season is extremely interesting, when I got to season 3 I was watching because I had invested time in it and wanted to get to the end. Its very hard to follow. The story evolves into an extremely complicated and incomprehensible mess full of holes.

• 12h ago

If the sopranos, breaking bad and game of thrones are the landmarks of tv show history, then the German Netflix show "Dark" needs to be recognised as one of the best tv shows in history as well. It's intricate and complicated story did well to explain theories of quantum mechanics in its simplest form while providing entertainment. Characters developed in the series were able to stand out perfectly. Not withstanding the fact that the actors who portrayed these characters acted beautifully on the big screen. More importantly, the subtle pace and tone of the series was captured perfectly by its title; "Dark".

• 1d ago

The storytelling is a masterpiece, it's like a clockwork, very precise, and keeps on going without failing to amaze me in every detail. The pacing is more like a 2 hours movie, rather than a series, so fast, so much story, it's like 6 seasons condensed into 3. Multi-depth Caracter, you need to follow it carefully if you don't wanna get lost with the multiple storylines. Cinematography is out of this world, so much detail while keeping the tone perfectly inbound, from the camerawork, color grading, and set pieces. Musical score blows my mind, from the ambient ultra gothic enhances the mysterious atmosphere, to the different bits of the soundtrack from each era, act as a separator between them. You need to listen with a headphones to really enjoy the sound details. The acting was supreme, very fluid and natural, no complaint here. Shame it's only 3 seasons.

• 1d ago

Season 3 – The season I hated and the ending I loved. I never understood Schrödinger's cat, but when we bring it into the equation every possible outcome becomes reality, it solves one of the plot holes and creates one too. Also, what the heck is wrong with the character creation of Eva, seriously flawed. The series ends in a satisfying bittersweet note for me.

• 1d ago

Love time travel and this is amazing. Hard to follow all the characters which is why I can't give it more stars.

Could rewatch over and over again

Could rewatch over and over again

• 1d ago

Masterfully written and executed series.

Masterfully written and executed series.