Reign: Season 4 Reviews

• Aug 01, 2020

It ends the way you know it has to but it is fun watching it get there.

It ends the way you know it has to but it is fun watching it get there.

• Apr 28, 2020

I absolutely love the Reign. I was devastated at the end. I do feel that it was a rushed ending.

• Dec 03, 2019

Another gonzo bonkers season of Reign: Season 4 suffers a bit from splitting the drama to 3 fronts - France, Scotland, and England and I found Rachel Skarsten's Queen Elizabeth disappointing - a bit too unbalanced and lovesick to command as the great regent - but, that being said, she's also just a girl, standing in front of the world, asking for some f@&$ing respect for being the Queen and I can certainly support that. (Megan Follows is the real Queen of this show though.) However, considering the show has had the looming black cloud of doom throughout - that despite Mary's best intentions, beautiful gowns, feminine charms, small victories, and staunch allies - it's all futile. She loses Scotland. She loses her husband(s). She loses her son. She loses her life. That's a tough road to hoe for soapy screenwriters, so the show often lead to some bonkers plot twists, plot bridges to nowhere, main characters that walked off the face of the earth, and a roulette wheel of supporting characters that sometimes was a bit much, but despite a few missteps, it was a story curious about what power does to you, and what it changes about the legacy you're able to leave behind. I was grateful for the, albeit whirlwind and brief, conclusion in the finale, so viewers could have some kind of closure - even if you might be up at night wondering what happens to the devil witch who drugs Narcisse and Catherine into a non-consensual threesome.... what? Exactly.

• Sep 23, 2019

It should have included Mary and Bothwell's marriage. It was totally incomplete.

• Jun 03, 2019

So powerfull and great acting/writting/set and costumes.

So powerfull and great acting/writting/set and costumes.

• Apr 10, 2019

I love this series, but was extremely disappointed with the last season. Towards the end when they knew they were cancelled you could tell they were cramming in all the historic blank spaces to where they cut off Mary's head. It's so sad to watch as a fan from the beginning. The finale season/episode does NOT do this series justice and taints the whole thing. After all the money and magic they used it's a huge disappointment.

• Jan 08, 2018

I have no good reason for rating this season so highly - particularly when the only saving grace of the series finale is literally the last 20 seconds (because WHAT is the end of the France plotline?!). But by golly, this has made me feel fandom feels that I haven't felt in a long time, and I figure that that has to count for something.

• Jan 07, 2018

Just spent the last 3 weekends watching it. Loved every minute of it. Sad to see it end.

• Jun 09, 2017