Surrogates - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Surrogates Reviews

jamrcla
June 2, 2017
Like most films in this genre It has a good idea but fails to make any of its ideas work or feel fresh mostly down to the story being told poorly and really doesn't know where to take the story so it uses an ending that was predictable, The effects were good and some nice action scenes but that's it really, Willis does his best to try and save the film but even he can't help it feeling like an I,Robot knock off.
April 23, 2017
I liked this film, I liked the theme of how technology is taking over everyone's lives. Cool robot stuff. In other ways it was a typical action movie.
½ March 17, 2017
This movie is really not that bad! Actually I really liked the unique plot, and Bruce Willis really does what he can, and is great for the role. I was positive surprised after watching it, and I can watch it over again since then. It's not the biggest epic sci-fi movie, but definitely wort to watch.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 19, 2017
Hey anything with Bruce is worth watching
November 23, 2016
Interesting premise, but doesn't stand up to any logical scrutiny. Cliche plot. Horrible writing and script. Plays out like a high-school writing assignment. Some interesting sets, effects and visual design doesn't save it.
August 4, 2016
A lot of people diss this and call it terrible, but believe when I saw I've seen worse. Oh God have I seen worse
½ July 11, 2016
A little slow moving at times. But a decent enough Sci-Fi movie.
April 9, 2016
A very underrated hidden gem. A great concept and entertaining movie about our over-reliance on technology.
March 3, 2016
It's entertaining for a B movie. Much like others such as iRobot, etc... Nothing really special, but not really bad either.
½ January 1, 2016
Loved this movie! It wasn't about how well done the movie is, it's about the story. Love the story. It's much love my favorite book, Feed.
October 17, 2015
Want to see it, but heard bad things...
½ September 18, 2015
Despite some cool moments and innovative touches, the film sacrifices plausibility in the details to its big picture, which is unfortunately quite bland: one man saving humanity from itself with seconds to spare. As a loosely AI-based sci-fi, it lacks the depth and intelligence of Ex Machina, eXistenZ or even The Matrix, and is really just another action flick. It basically rehashes the old utopia becomes dystopia, fear of technology shtick that has been the mainstay of box office sci-fi from day one.

The FBI nerd, controlling the world from behind a bank of monitors, is practically a carbon copy of Dennis Nedry from Jurassic Park. I really enjoyed the scene with the surrogate getting a facial though - that was neat.
August 1, 2015
An interesting premise is drilled sour by cliche thriller beats and stale performances.
½ May 1, 2015
Not a movie I would have ever picked out for myself to watch - wasn't too thrilled when husband chose it. Oh great, another dumb Bruce Willis action flick.
However... Much to my surprise, a decent and original storyline. What a scary vision of the future. Though the robots look great, and the idea of sending them out to work etc is not without its appeal, it was depressing to see the "real" people looking slobby and quite honestly depressed.
Also interesting to see Rosamind Pyke in an earlier role.
March 28, 2015
Decent but got me never thrilled.
March 7, 2015
This is Blade Runner!
February 28, 2015
Though some scenes are pretty tense and tightly-filmed, its overall short, empty and rides on just its quick-fixes for action. Barely passable. Only for specific junkies.
February 18, 2015