Collapse Reviews

• Aug 06, 2019

good paranoid ranting thats making a lot of sense lately

good paranoid ranting thats making a lot of sense lately

• Jan 25, 2018

A sobering and depressing look at the future state of mankind. The documentary is interesting from beginning to end, as Mr. Ruppert uses facts to back up his assertions. His outlook may be gloomy, but there's reasoning and rationale behind it. And at last there is reason to be hopeful. I guess now we wait and see (over the next 20, 50 years) to see if he was correct.

• Aug 04, 2017

"I couldn't tear my eyes from the screen. "Collapse" is even entertaining, in a macabre sense. I think you owe it to yourself, to our future, to the future of our children and to the future of our planet to see it." #EvolutionOfTheMind #ThinkWithYourOwnHead

• Feb 08, 2014

Cautionary documentary owes much to the convictions of writer Ruppert.

Cautionary documentary owes much to the convictions of writer Ruppert.

• Sep 28, 2013

Even if Ruppert is half-right with respect to his theories, this film is frightening. What the media is not reporting......

• Sep 11, 2013

I can't believe I just found out about this doc now, but I'm sure Michael Ruppert wouldn't be surprised. Compelling not just for the information, theme and messages, but also for time spent with a complex, highly intelligent, interesting, troubled man who has refused to abandon his cause, his integrity, and his drive to get the information he has in his head out to the world in order to wake us up, against all the forces that would rather this information not get out and those who would just rather not hear it. He's been right before, and while some of his predictions may be slightly off in terms of timeline, or some events, based on the current state of affairs, I somehow think he may not be that far off the mark.

• Jul 09, 2013

Collapse is, to say the least, a well filmed film, which tells us the point of view and thoughts of a sole man. The director has rather clearly shown the psychological instability of Mr.Ruppert, and that is to the credit of the film maker. However, on the other hand, it is problematic for it defeats the purpose of the film in a way - why would people want to listen to a guy who is obviously full of resentment, anger, and has some 'messiahical' ideas about his role in society (despite the fact that he disputes that in the film). Despite that he claims that he is going to live the rest of his life a "happy and free" man, one can clearly see all the anger built up in him. Be it as it may, his theories are rather interesting and something to ponder on, but they do not provide any sort of viable solutions. Basically, what he is arguing is that EVERYTHING (and I do not kid you) exists because of oil today, and there will be a huge cataclysm once we run out of oil. Yes, that is quite possible, and his argumentation seems rather plausible, except of the fact that he does not provide for any alternatives. Not that that is necessarily his job, but after watching the film one feels confused about why he wonders people see him as an "alarmist." What else could one possibly see him as? That is also problematised in the end with the director's decision to point out that by the premiere of the film, Mr.Ruppert has been largely ignored by the media and his book becoming a flop, and him fighting to keep his home since he's without money. Be it as it may, he raises interesting questions, but as the director asked him in the film why people should believe him, or even as much as listen to him - that question, after watching the entire film, remains sadly unanswered. There, really, is no point in watching the film, and that is the sad truth. Interesting idea, but ultimately failed and deeply flawed documentary.

• Jun 16, 2013

Although i don't disagree entirely with his outlook on the future, however cynical it may be, I would like for there to be more useable information unlike stockpiling seeds and pissing in my lawn.

• Jun 04, 2013

This is heavy stuff.

This is heavy stuff.

• May 31, 2013

The best part of this documentary was seeing how the 4 years of world affairs since release have followed his models. Terrifying. Must watch.