My Man Godfrey Reviews

• Jul 23, 2020

Still among the most pure fun films of all time.

Still among the most pure fun films of all time.

• May 25, 2020

Likeable but dated. William Powell is great as always. Carole Lombard is considered a great comic actress but i didn't see it in this movie.

• May 13, 2020

A classic satire featuring Carole Lombard's greatest performance

A classic satire featuring Carole Lombard's greatest performance

• Apr 14, 2020

To make a story of social struggle a comedy during the depression is brilliant. Powell is perfect ! One of the best supporting casts ever. But ... as I watch this for the 3rd or 4th time , it occurs to me that Lombard's (and I LOVE Lombard) character is not so much 'spoiled rich girl' than perhaps a little 'special needs'? That's why 4.5 instead of 5 stars. Watch it again ... you'll see what I'm saying.

• Apr 10, 2020

What a gem of a film! In addition to being a really funny screwball comedy with great lines of dialogue and exquisite B&W photography, it is also a biting satire. I mean how do you do that? It is sophisticated and has resonance in modern times. Highly recommended.

• Mar 20, 2020

What a delightfully wonderful comedy and a biting satire of the upper society; memorable performances all around and there's non-stop sequence of memorable scenes too; Carole Lombard and William Powerll make a perfect pairing.

• Mar 10, 2020

GREAT MOVIE, "My Man Godfrey"(1936), (my first time seeing it, when it was on my TV starting at 8:10am(CT) on Tuesday March 10, 2020)! (I wrote these comments at 10:41am(CT) Tuesday March 10, 2020.)

• Feb 11, 2020

Should be titled My Boi Godfrey! Hah!

Should be titled My Boi Godfrey! Hah!

• Jan 13, 2020

Loved it. Biting social commentary delivered by top flight stars.

Loved it. Biting social commentary delivered by top flight stars.

• Jan 02, 2020

Shallow, misogynist, weak and filled with wailing and fakeness. Unbelievable irritating.