10:30 P.M. Summer Reviews

• Aug 17, 2015

another good pic from director jules dassin

another good pic from director jules dassin

• Feb 06, 2011

They're saying it's pretentious but I don't care. It's beautifully filmed, a bit mysterious with good acting and written by Dassin with M. Duras. Compare it to the junk on our screens today and it looks pretty good to me.

• May 09, 2010

Starts with a double murder and proceeds to talk itself to death.

Starts with a double murder and proceeds to talk itself to death.

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Mar 25, 2010

This movie was just out there

This movie was just out there

• Aug 17, 2009

I like Duras and I like Dassin but together I was not that much impressed.

I like Duras and I like Dassin but together I was not that much impressed.

• Walter M Super Reviewer
    Apr 08, 2009

[font=Century Gothic]In "10:30 P.M. Summer," Paul(Peter Finch) and Maria(Melina Mercouri) are traveling in Spain with their young daughter and Claire(Romy Schneider). On a rainy night, they are hampered by the manhunt for Rodrigo Palestra(Julian Mateos) who killed his wife and her lover and then by a storm which causes a local power outage, resulting in a shortage of rooms at the local hotel. They decide to stay instead of pressing on to Madrid. Later that night, Maria goes out onto a balcony where she notices not only Paul and Claire in an embrace but also Rodrigo hiding on the rooftop.[/font] [font=Century Gothic][/font] [font=Century Gothic]"10:30 P.M. Summer" is an elusive movie that explores the notion of escape in a variety of different ways. First, there are the tourists getting away from their drab lives to go to Spain where they are interrupted by a bit of reality in the person of Rodrigo who is on the run for murder in trying to possess his wife who he could never own. And then there is Maria who is sympathetic to his plight since she thinks her husband is falling in love with a much younger woman. Her escape comes through the bottle.[/font]