Father of the Bride - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Father of the Bride Reviews

½ November 26, 2016
A fun remake from the Rom-Com team of Nancy Meyers and her husband, Charles Shyer. Steve Martin brings all the silly gusto with some cute, sentimental moments thrown in for good measure. He's played the role well and wasn't too over the top. Overall, ladies and fathers will love this. Everyone else will be okay with sitting though it. (Rating: 7 /10)
November 20, 2016
(First viewing - Late childhood)
September 27, 2016
Steve Martin is hysterical in this movie. A great concept for a movie.
September 26, 2016
Seeing Martin and short going moving from one disaster to another is a pityful joy. Every father wants the best for his daughter, but at what cost?
September 11, 2016
Funny but distinctly average soppy Steve Martin fare.
½ April 9, 2016
George Banks' life is turned upside down as his daughter ann
½ March 8, 2016
A loveable and truly heartfelt comedy, featuring genuine comedy, and serious performances from Steve Martin, and Diane Keaton. It really hit home about a father and his daughter growing up too fast. How he doesn't want to let go of his little girl.
Martin Short is absolutely halarious as the wedding planner, and adds memorable flare to an already pretty funny movie.
Again to go with the comedy, there is a ton of heart which is cool to see in a Steve Martin movie because it really shows his range.
February 15, 2016
Schmaltzy, but occasionally amusing. Martin Short was the highlight. I do like Steve Martin, so although it's cheesy, it's an easy watch with a few laughs. Worth it if in the right mood.
January 25, 2016
I'm not a big fan of romantic comedies, but this one is very enjoyable! The actors have great chemistry and the funny scenes really pay off. It was fun watching it with my family for the first time and it still is today. An enjoyable rom-com, no alcohol required (Jeremy Jahns reference).
January 2, 2016
A passable 90s romantic comedy, where nothing really happens - George (Martin) has a daughter that gets married. Only mild hijinks ensue, with some laughs. Sure, some charm, but mostly it's just bland.
November 8, 2015
Le Père de la Mariée est une comédie familiale très 90's (Steve Martin & Diane Keaton, Nancy Meyers au scénario, Alan Silvestri à la musique, un des Culkin en sympathique gamin) réalisé par Charles Shyer qui réussit là où beaucoup d'autres ont finalement échoué : le film a très bien vieilli et se trouve être encore un moment extrêmement sympathique, grâce à l'abattage de Steve Martin, dans la période "paternelle" de sa carrière et de Kimberly Williams-Paisley dans le rôle de sa fille. Avec quelques rebondissements bien sentis et beaucoup de gags qui ne tombent jamais dans le graveleux ni le facile, c'est avec l'émotion habile distillée par le film que Le Père de la Mariée remporte les suffrages.
August 9, 2015
I love both the first and second movie in this series but the second one is actually my favourite ð~
August 4, 2015
With a lot of heart and guaranteed to deliver plenty of laughs, this remake is charming and very funny due to terrific and enjoyable performances by Steve Martin and Martin Short.
½ July 30, 2015
good remake of the 1950 classic
½ July 29, 2015
Also one of the first movies I ever saw, and I have fond memories of that first shot of Annie Banks at the top of the stairs then gleefully sliding down the banister, the father-daughter basketball grudge-match underscored by "My Girl," the puppy-dog fiancé played by George Newbern, radiant matriarch Diane Keaton, and it goes without saying, Steve Martin's manic meltdown over eight hot dogs versus twelve hot dog buns!

I've always loved Kimberly Williams' crystal blue eyes and feisty exuberance, long before she did "The 10th Kingdom" and added a Paisley. Both Williams sisters for that matter (Ashley who played HIMYM's Victoria). This remake definitely feels more modern with many augmenting details like George's shoe company, the impish little brother-cum-valet, and Annie's career-driven life outside of love and family. Martin Short's and B.D. Wong's over-the-top wedding planners are over-the-top, but what are you gonna do?
April 29, 2015
Pure delight! One movie I'll never tire of.
April 6, 2015
Add it as Digital Copy!
April 1, 2015
I love this movie so much!
April 1, 2015
Martin is loveible and Short steals the movie in this less than on par remake.