Deadly Target Reviews

• Apr 19, 2015

Little thriller that's watchable while it hits all it's predictable notes.

Little thriller that's watchable while it hits all it's predictable notes.

• May 20, 2011

What does it take to bring down the Chinese maffia? Two white guys. Note: One has to be an leather jacket wearing Australian cop from Hong Kong, who doesn't play by the book and the other one has to be an LA cop who plays by the book, until he converts to the ways of the Australian expat from Hong Kong. It wouldn't be so easy to take down the Chinese maffia, if they wouldn't kill each other off to show loyalty or for not want to work with the Chinese maffia from Hong Kong. I didn't knew asian-on-asian violence was that big in 1994. It doesn't help either that the Chinese don't actually point there guns at their enemies, put just stand still when they empty their guns. The movie is full of stereotypes but unfortunatly the always drunk asian is missing. For the rest it has it all the stuckup police chief, the cop who plays by the book vs the renegade cop. The action is tame and not enough asian chicks are killed. Gary Daniels really doesn't come off as an Hong Kong cop ( with his Australian accent and all.....) and I suspect they wanted to hire an asian actor instead.

• Jul 06, 2009

Funny to see the way a HK cop is depicted in the US. As usual in this kind of production, the script is very average but the love story, despite its artificiallity, works well enough. Ok choreography even if the editing and direction are as poor as we can expect.