Only You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Only You Reviews

½ July 29, 2017
Going through some old DVDs and looking to cull the collection. This isn't one that will be going. Quite enjoyed it.
Faith is borderline psychotic, but Marisa Tomei plays her so nicely you can almost buy her over the top behaviour. I'm not sure the movie entirely works honestly, but it has a decent cast and the Italian scenery is beautiful. Nice chick flick. However, I can tell middle age is creeping in on me, because the scene at the end, all I could think was "what a jerk, with his feet up on the back of someone's seat!" Obnoxious is not hot. But Marisa was really the one who makes this movie work.
June 27, 2017
Jewison, Nykvist, Downey Jr. and a... rom-com? Fine, I'll take it.
May 24, 2017
No, just no. Non mi piace.
July 29, 2016
What can be better than true love? Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. are adorable together!
July 13, 2016
A defining chick flick as exaggerated craziness with a nice score and a small percentage of appealing bits through the main pair's chemistry along with Hunt being the sanest, as well Downey, Jr. before he fell into the fluff. (C+)
½ May 7, 2016
They just don't make them like this anymore.

Soulmates means finding someone's whose crazy matches your crazy.

And Tony Stark's and Aunt May's crazy were meant to be together.
½ February 19, 2016
bad acting throughout the movie. the stage setting was not up to the mark. it didn't give me the 'feels'. and to be honest there was like no story. i could sum up the whole movie in 1 sentence, but I won't.
the soundtrack was horrible. the scene is intense, passionate. and what sounds they are playing? James bond!!! i mean you gotta pick the right sound at least. it just doesn't match.
i found quite a few plot holes too.
½ December 15, 2015
Billy Zane is the biggest surprise in this romantic comedy.
½ October 22, 2015
While the performances of the actors is great, the story is the same old american love story retold so many times before where the heroin starts out as a single who wants to find her soulmate, she meets the one who might be the perfect guy, the cliche of misunderstanding and liar revealed, they break up and are back to being single, then a miracle has to happen for their relationship to be saved.

Faith, the main character, is an obnoxious bubbly main heroin who's looking for a man whose name she spelled out on an Ouija board and when she meets Peter Wright (played by Robert Downey Jr.) she is madly in love, but when she finds out he's not named Damon Bradly she's like: "Oh, you are not my soulmate!" . Throughout the movie, I don't even WANT to feel bad for Faith. In fact, everything I want to do is to kick her in the ass.

So overall, a pretty lazily written love story filled with so many romance cliches. It's enough for me to tell that it's not all that worth it. Save for Robert Downey Jr.
August 19, 2015
Only You features enough rom-com clichés to feel familiar, but it also has enough plot twists to make it feel original. Marisa Tomei, Robert Downey, Jr., Bonnie Hunt, Billy Zane and Fisher Stevens all give great performances. This film has a sense of whimsy to it that is missing from romantic comedies of today. In fact, I think it would be fair to say that they don't make movies this anymore - which is a shame.
June 22, 2015
Love this movie, I will never get tired of watching it. Love Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. In this film great romantic love story. Anyone who gave this movie a bad review doesn't have a romantic bone in their body. I enjoyed this movie when it was in the movie theater and I still enjoy it now watching it on my TV at home. Kept me interested from beginning to end.
April 19, 2015
You gotta love these two crazy kids.
½ March 15, 2015
3/15/2015: A nice little movie, but not extraordinary in any way. A very good cast though.
March 7, 2015
I love this movie!!!!
½ November 20, 2014
ba3sha2 elfilm da ... Robert Downey kan mokne3 we romancy fe nafs elwa2t ..
September 28, 2014
I love this movie so much. Awesome land spaces.
½ July 23, 2014
A delightful and timeless romantic comedy with charming performances.
May 5, 2014
Nothing like a movie that makes you smile throughout . Miss these romantic comedies. They were so enchanting..
½ April 1, 2014
Another contrived romantic comedy that is brought up a few notches by some charming performances.

The film's narrative is ridiculous. It just is. There's no way of getting around it. Every plot point just gets more and more stupid. Yet Marisa Tomei was entertaining, and Robert Downey Jr. was himself, which made it that little bit more watchable.

The film is complete and utter tosh. Is far too long. And doesn't achieve much in it's long run time.

Yet I was charmed by it. Even though it really is quite rubbish.
½ March 27, 2014