Broken Arrow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Broken Arrow Reviews

January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
October 10, 2016
I'm tired of reading review after review bashing this movie. This movie was made in 1996. It was John Woo's first American film debut. It has a star studded cast. Awesome special effects for the time and its fast paced and action packed.
Is it perfect no. Is some of the lines a little corny and cheesy, yes. But what I don't get about critics is the fact that the movies used to be about escaping reality. About having fun and going on a ride for an hour or 3. Lol. Now its runtime is around 2 hours long but it doesn't feel like it. There's a lot of cat and mouse and the chemistry between Cristian Bale and John Travolta is undeniable. They don't have a lot of scenes together but the ones that do, have a great amount of tension and buildup to the final confrontation.
If you like action movies you will definitely enjoy this. If you want a description of the plot, look it up. I personally try not to learn too much about a film so I can enjoy letting the story unravel the way the director intended. Have fun.
October 2, 2016
Bizarrely underrated action movie packed from end to end with fun performances from a cast that really looks as if they're enjoying themselves.
Slightly more than a guilty pleasure.
August 17, 2016
A great 90s action film with some intellectual twists and turns. Resurrected John Travoltas career.. only to watch it crash and burn in B:E
August 6, 2016
Broken Arrow (1996) C-108m. ?? D: John Woo. John Travolta, Christian Slater, Samantha Mathis. Technically impressive but empty-headed action picture dealing with terrorists taking control of nuclear warheads and military pilot pulling the plug on their operation; fatally stupid. Where's Chow Yun-Fat when you really need him?
½ June 24, 2016
The most bland action movie ever.
½ May 17, 2016
The acting is extremely cheesy. Most of the characters are overacting and annoying. The script is pretty dumb as well. Even with all the explosions and slow motion it did not keep my interest at all.
½ December 28, 2015
I didn't think you could "overact" smoking.
November 14, 2015
good modern actioner and no resemblence 2 the 1950 western of the same name
½ October 26, 2015
One of my absolute favorite movies growing up!!! Still one of my favorite action movies today.
October 17, 2015
we definitely saw this
October 14, 2015
An all out action film. John Travolta is great as the baddie. John Woo's direction is as elegant as ever. Some good humor too. Good cast.
½ August 25, 2015
More plausibility than the reviewers care to fathom or admit.
August 15, 2015
I knew I thought it sucked a long time ago. Recently watched it again on hbo go and it still stucks now.
July 27, 2015
Fun action flick. I couldn't help but like Travolta's slightly cracked character.
July 21, 2015
Started watching 07/20/15: HBO on demand
Stopped at 20 min in
½ June 5, 2015
Yes it's stupid and makes no sense but it sure as hell is a lot of fun. You can tell John Travolta and his hammy acting is having a great time .
May 16, 2015
Watched this because I really enjoyed the "team" Travolta and Woo in Face/off. Every time Travolta is on the screen it is entertaining, otherwise....Don't know who is more horrible: Christian Slater or Samantha Mathis. Sometimes facepalm stuff.
April 28, 2015
Good action sequences but generic forgettable plot.
½ April 22, 2015
Pretty bad film, but it is pretty damn funny, and has an energetic performance from John Travolta that makes repeat viewings possible. The Last 5 minutes are worth it though.