Matilda - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Matilda Reviews

½ December 31, 2016
Mesmerizing, fun and sweet from beginning to end. As a kid I loved this film and after re watching it recently I have a new found appreciation for this film and would recommend it to kids and adults alike for all to enjoy.
November 27, 2016
Great movie for all families!
November 25, 2016
A pure classic! Definitely a must-watch movie.
½ November 23, 2016
This was cute. I'm not a fan of pranks, but that's my main quibble with the movie. They played down her magical powers and played up the family dynamics. It was funny watching it after debating the phrase "she always has her nose stuck in a book"
October 29, 2016
I love this movie! She is so smart for a 6 year old! Wish I could've been like her!
½ October 7, 2016
A little bit quirky, but generally humorous with good acting
September 30, 2016
One of the only times where I can honestly say I liked the movie better than the book.
September 11, 2016
Disgusting looking, awfully unfunny, poorly shot mess. I had no intention of seeing Matilda, even if I did like the novel, but I wasn't expecting it to be this cringe-worthy... god this is cringe-worthy disaster of a family film with really unlikable characters. This is a reminder of why Gremlins and The Goonies were so good, they had realistic characters, interesting plots and most of all, laughs. This film has none of those. This is like a 90s Cat In The Hat (film). Please skip it. Out.
½ August 27, 2016
"My mommy thinks they're sweet."
"Well your mommy...IS A TWIT!"
Childhood classic.
½ August 21, 2016
"Matilda" is based on the book by Roald Dahl while the movie itself tends to stray from the book it manages to capture the spirit of it.
½ August 16, 2016
Matilda is a heartwarming experience with great performances that were believable at the time.
½ August 15, 2016
"Matilda" is an energetic, fun, and stylishly directed film that can engage viewers of all ages.
August 7, 2016
So touching, suspenseful, extreme, and campy! Mara Wilson had such a deep, sage-like voice, and all the recent 20-year reunion pics of the cast are adorbz.
July 22, 2016
I watched the movie when it came out as a child, read the book now as an adult, and have re-watched it. It stands up against the sands of time, capturing the whimsy and delight of the Roald Dahl book. The casting is incredible, they all perform really well and the movie is literal movie magic, a good viewing for everyone of all ages.
½ June 17, 2016
Very cute movie that the whole family enjoyed.
½ June 10, 2016
I couldn't tell something bad from this movie, one of my all time fav since I can remember; every character feels like they were born for their role mainly Ms. Trunchbull so many years had passed and no one forgets about her. Great book adaptation; the movie has a really cool 90s film style!
½ May 28, 2016
76% Matilda's title character is as enjoyable and charming as the movie, which stays true to the source material of the book.