Perfume Reviews

• Sep 26, 2010

Aside from the fact it has some famous names in it, I cannot think of any reason to mention seeing this film. It wasn't particularly interesting and perhaps the "best scene" appeared in the first few minutes then apparently reappeared at least one or more times later on. About the shenanigans of the modeling and fashion industry...can you read my mind and see how dull it was? A film that probably should never have been made, never mind released.

• Feb 24, 2010

You want the "Perfume" film that is of alost time and of a mute man who creates themost adoring perfume from the scent of women that he see and meets... The music is Breath Taking....

• Dec 24, 2009

Never saw the movie - but Estella is a total babe!!!!

Never saw the movie - but Estella is a total babe!!!!

• Nov 09, 2009

** (out of four) Interesting idea, but turns out to be more of a bore than an coherent story. A huge cast gather together for a movie that doesn't have a script. Instead all the actors ad libbed the entire film. The plot centers around the fashion industry in New York. Unfortunately, the actors can't make it interesting enough.

• May 13, 2009

Love the last scene, when the guy reveals all the amazing scents he had created, and people become mad.. God...what a scene that was...

• Mar 09, 2009

You look at this all star cast - Rita Wilson, Jeff Goldblum, Peter Gallagher, Paul Sorvino, Michelle Williams, Leslie Mann, Omar Epps, Mariel Hemingway, Mariska Hargitay, Estella Warren, and others - You immediately think stellar, right? Don't, you would be sadly mistaken. Sometimes bright stars don't equal blockbusters but bright shining pieces of film crap. Perfume would be one of those. Sad and horribly frustrating about this film, was it could have been great. Most of it I have found out was unscripted, which could have been brilliant. Unfortunately, the sound mixing was dreadful. The music was too loud and drowned out most of the dialogue half the time. The other half of the time, six people were talking at once and you couldn't understand what one of them was saying, let alone all six. This movie split off in too many directions. I am all for multiple characters and story lines. But, You have to develop the characters and make them rich, and the stories actually have to be going some where. In this film, you have 20 undeveloped characters, wandering about aimlessly. The ending is nothing short of a cop out if you ask me. It's like they were all scratching their heads saying " Well boys we have pissed away an hour and 44 minutes of these people's lives on this useless, aimless crap. We have no time to really give any of these stories an ending, so lets just call it quits." Absolutely the worst ending to a movie that I have ever seen. Seriously. A note to Hunter Carson and Michael Rymer - The next time you get high and think about directing a movie, just say no. Perfume was an absolute waste of time. It gets one star because of the all star cast, and once in awhile you could see some of them trying to polish this turd.

• Oct 14, 2008

surprised that it was shot in spain. worse than the book as usual. However not bad, especially the final scene which I expected the most before I saw it. the final scene is very beautiful and well shot and shocking. they are all spanish, hehe. the way it depicts women in it is remarkable too--very much captured the beauty of women. it is not bad, just cannot be compared with the book. the movie didn't grasp the essence of the main man and disperse its emphasis on women and everything else. what i like most of this story is the main man.

• Jul 15, 2008

Anyone who wants to see Mariska Hargitay being more gay than her character on SVU should see this. That's the only reason I got it. And still the only reason to see it.... this movie sucked. terrible acting, awful writing.... just atrocious

• Apr 20, 2008

The first half is painful to watch...a lot of bad improv. As you get further in, the improv gets better. Some do well (goldblum, epps, for example) and some are just bad. decent overall.

• Dec 03, 2007

It was interesting to find out that all the dialogue in this flick is unscripted, but I didn't know that until after I'd seen it. I should give it another shot, the "um"s and "uh"s were really distracting the first time around.