Cube Zero - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cube Zero Reviews

April 22, 2016
A rehash of the first one, except worse. But there was one good kill scene at the beginning. It's also a good hook to keep watching the movie. I also think that if you're a hardcore fan of the first, you will love this! And I think if you just see this one only, you may like it more.
April 18, 2016
Cube Zero: Great cast, Zero sugar....PLUS, I loved the villain. This is my favorite of the Cube movies.
½ August 24, 2015
Surprisingly interesting. The film introduces a nice twist by showing the "operators" of the cube - which does negate the message of the first Cube, but one could hardly make another movie without doing so, and the way this movie handles things is a very good compromise. The design is also very neat, and the acting is not bad at all. This movie also makes the very smart decision of completely disregarding whatever the hell it was that happened in Hypercube. All in all, if you like the first Cube, disregard Hypercube, but do watch this one.
½ August 8, 2015
ykkönen hyvä, kakkonen paska, tämä ok
April 23, 2015
In an attempt to innovate, Cube Zero destroys everything the other two films had going for them. It loses the claustrophobia by focusing on a more open environment. The mystery is absent here also because they decided to answer all the questions from previous films. Without those Cube Zero feels more like an action movie than anything. But there are still some good philosophical elements here, such as the comments on religion, and the morality issues. On its own the film is solid, but it fails as part of the series. 42/100
½ February 2, 2015
Giving some much wanted explanation and background to its premise but presenting little story any different than its previous installments, Cube Zero's gore is unnecessarily gruesome and its villain laughably unsuitable.
½ January 13, 2015
Pretty good movie. Cube Zero is both the strongest and weakest entry in the cube franchise. By revealing some huge facts about the cube and the people running it. While it's still not as effective or suspenseful as the first, it still has some interesting ideas, good visuals, and funny moments.
January 4, 2015
Cube Zero is a prequel to the popular Cube series. It aimed at explaining the questions regarding the first two films. This time, Eric is a mathematical genius who works for the Izon company doing experiments on prisoners, he discovered a woman who was sent into the experiment without a consent form, feeling guilty, he decided to go into the cube and save her.

Really disappointed, the idea sounded ok but the execution was terrible due to the fact Cube Zero was going for a black comedy direction, but it wasn't funny. It lacked any of the philosophical or mystical elements. The ending brings all 3 films together though. At least they tried.
January 2, 2015
My favorite of the Cube films, this one feels the most complete. The Cube series has always reveled in its mystery, but the complete and total lack of any answers was more frustrating than intriguing to me. Here, we get some answers. Not all of them, but enough to at least keep me engaged. We see both the people in the cube and the people behind the scenes. This adds a moral, human element to the film that was missing before. The plot is allowed to be more complex as well with this new dimension. There's just more going on in this entry, and as a result I was more engaged.
September 21, 2014
The first Cube movie may have been left with an ambiguous ending and many questions left unanswered, but it really didn't need to be elaborated on or explored.
Anyone expecting a genesis tale from this supposed prequel will most definitely be disappointed, as this is nothing of the sort. Instead, this is a virtual retread of the first film, with much of action taking place outside the cubes walls, therefore removing any of the tension and mystery which came with the first film.
The story actually borders on parody come the halfway point and finishes up with an ending which is rather insulting.
½ July 17, 2014
Prequel to the sci-fi thriller Cube, with events that unfold some time prior to those in first picture. Here, another group of prisoners navigate the treacherous confines of their futuristic trappings. Each step is potentially the last as the deadly last traps hidden in the sparse rooms find the numbers of the unwilling prisoners quickly thinning. Only when they can figure out the mysteries of their constantly changing prison will the surviving inmates have any hope for escape, and even then there is no guarantee of freedom -- much less survival. As the cube workers who monitor the prisoners progress bear witness to their increasingly grim bid for survival, a sudden sting of remorse finds one of the employees empathizing with the victims and plotting to assist them in their unlikely escape.
June 11, 2014
The Cube Trilogy Finishes With This Prequel, We Now See Some Of The World Outside Of The Cube. The Film Focuses On One Of The Junior Engineers, Who Escapes The Office And Into The Cube To Assist A Group Of People, Through The Traps. Cube Zero Moves Along At A Brisk Pace & Balances Gore & A Decent Narrative Very Well. The Script Is Good,The Plot Is Different And Slightly More Complex. The Cast Are Unknown But Give In Good Performances. The Great Thing About This Film Is That It Doesn't Show Much Outside The Cube, Which Keeps The Cubes Owners & Motives A Mystery.
½ May 12, 2014
One of Hypercube's screenwriters, Ernie Barbarash, took over directing for the prequel to the original Cube film, which is why I'm so surprised that it's actually good. Barbarash must have had his input universally shut down for the script to Hypercube, because Cube Zero is superior in every conceivable way. Hypercube failed at linking the suspense to the origins of the cube, but Cube Zero decided to start on the outside and work there way in, exploring the reasons behind and purpose of the Cube... One of the things that make the original Cube so fantastic was the lack of explanation of these things, but with the third installment of a franchise, new ground has to be explored, which Cube Zero successfully did. They even managed to link the ending of the film with the beginning of the original one in a way that both makes sense and benefits both films. The acting and dialogue was significantly better than the second film and on par with the first. Bottom line, this is a very good sci-fi B-movie, especially for a prequel. This might actually be the best prequel of it's kind in existence. I mean, it's not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination, and the escape scene is horribly done, but it's great for being what it is. I'd recommend it to any sci-fi/horror fan... The ending flows so naturally, that it might even be better if you watch Cube Zero before the first one (which is a better movie overall)... I'd pass on Hypercube (unless you're in love with the other two).
April 22, 2014
It was ok once through. Many claim this was the best of the series. I still think I enjoyed the original the best.
April 3, 2014
YES!!! Old school Cube is back in da house!
October 24, 2013
This film destroys all of the fascination and mystery that comes with the first "Cube" film.
October 9, 2013
Enjoyable. Liked the 1st CUBE too.
August 10, 2013
The start was good, really good. I was sucked into the World and it builded up to some good moments. The Hero with the Glasses who is a Genius. But sadly after he reach the cube he didnt show any talent anymore and so does the movie. The scene when he told them he is there to help and the Women keeps yelling on him makes me almost scream at the movie ... Motivations where not clear and i missed the struggle from the first movie where people in the cube become more danger for eachother then the cube himself....
½ July 30, 2013
Horrible performances all over the place. It doesn't add much to the first movie's concept either.