Cube Zero

Cube Zero Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

February 23, 2012
Third entry of the Cube series is a prequel to the original. This was a decent entry in the series, but it felt even more like a B movie film. Yes, the first two were low-budget affairs, but they were creative, and unique. Exploring ideas that were really intriguing in the horror medium. Cube Zero is an interesting, but flawed prequel. Compared to the first film, this film really is inferior in terms of quality, and there's plenty of room for improvement in this film. The ideas expressed in this prequel are interesting, but lack something to really make this a standout film in this trilogy. The acting is pretty decent here, nothing ever great. The film had some good ideas here, but at time you can see the film missing the mark and what could be a good prequel ends up being a decent Sci Fi horror flick. This film is never anything great, and it's a shame because this film could have been a memorable prequel. This film could be much better, and it's a shame that there was such a lot of potential here to make this a great prequel, but in ends up being a decent film. Don't expect much from this one, expect to be mildly entertained, and you won't be disappointed. However you'll realize that there's something missing from this film to really make it standout. As a whole, this prequel is simply a decent prequel with a lot of potential to really make it great. Unfortunately the scripts limitations prevents this from being a terrific film.
skactopus
skactopus

February 23, 2010
Erin Barbarash's Cube Zero looks to explore more of the universe started by the original Cube movie.Slated as a prequel to the first Cube film, this picture, more or less, stands on its own; however, those that have viewed the original film will understand more about the concept, as well as get a kick out of the ending.After an intense opening sequence, the film splits the time inside the cube with time outside of the cube. These "exterior" scenes tend to provide the answers for why this is happening. The problem is that it also raises other questions. Basically, the story is answering questions with questions.The deaths are quite gruesome, but there is just not enough time spent in the cube to keep these scenes, as well as the suspense level, up at good entertainment value. This is a shame.The acting is decent, but not great as Stephanie Moore and Zachary Bennett fail to leave their mark on the film. Michael Riley, on the other hand, is quite the character in this one.This 90 minute picture does expand out, but in doing so it also fails to deliver in other areas.
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 13, 2009
I watched this Movie twice, honestly it bored me alot.
366weirdmovies
366weirdmovies

January 16, 2009
Soldiers observing prisoners navigate a booby-trapped prison Cube start to question whether the Cube's builders have humanity's best interests at heart. The atmosphere of mystery and paranoia from the first two CUBE films is jettisoned in favor of explicit gore, elaborate traps, and a cartoonish villain with a glittery metal implant for an eye; probably deals a fatal blow to the CUBE franchise, but it's not terrible strictly on a B-movie level.
_kelly .

February 12, 2008
If you show me a YES and NO button, I want to know what the YES button does, even if I'm sure I already know. This is one example of some stinky plot holes in this lil flick. This is an outright disappointing movie. Whilst, I like the concept that there are people monitoring the Cube and our fascination with "what is outside the Cube?" has finally been answered, too much of the story is contrary to the idea of the Cube as something that humans made through mindless bureaucracy, but is now essentially an independent entity gone out of control. In this Cube, the Cube has many design flaws and has been masterminded by a group of unknown "guys upstairs". This no longer a blind shuffle into death camps, this is a carefully planned organization utilizing a new brand of gulags, and "they" become the antagonist in place of the Cube itself. The acting is decent (for television), but the people inside the Cube are running through the same plot as the first movie and the 'sliced to pieces' kill famous from the first flick is repeated during a weaker point in this flick.

My biggest problem is a design one: though the Cube has been reverted to the multicolor oppressive grey of the first version, all of the doors are now circular. Don't call it Cube and give it circular doors - it completely RUINED all of the shots within the Cube. Furthermore, I've seen tons of exploitation and B movies, but this is the first to infer that you could MANUFACTURE AUTISTIC PERSONS.
Lafe F

July 9, 2007
The Cube prequel which shows things behind the scenes of those who are running the Cube maze; and they're just as much in the dark as those who are in it. The guard characters are either annoying or unrealistic. It reminded me of THX-1138 and Cube #1. The religious elements were fascinating. Entertaining, but nowhere near the classic.
Chris M

June 22, 2007
Focuses more on what goes on outside the Cube instead of inside. To much repetition between the previous two movies make this a bad prequel in many different ways. Poor to say the least.
Matthew A

January 25, 2007
The first scene was the BEST as it was goriest in a way that I haven't seen something like this happen in any other movie before. The storyline was amazing and linked to the 1st Cube very well.
Laurence C

May 27, 2006
Cube Zero thinks it's so smart it's laughable, and as a prequel only spits on the original by trying to explain everything. Keep the mystery alive... skip this atrocious prequel!
June 14, 2013
Pretty cool, and it does a good job of setting up the rest of the story, including the first film. I wish they made more of these movies-as messed up as they are, there's really nothing quite like them, and they're all really entertaining.
March 14, 2012
Entertaining but ultimately disappointing prequel, Cube Zero is an okay film, but it fails to live up to its two predecessors.
May 29, 2007
The acting is pretty bad, especially in comparison to the earlier two film's. The story, while it does, in a sense, answer some question's about who and/or what created the "Cube" technology it, is rather poorly conceptualized & written.
November 12, 2009
Cube Zero has a semi redeeming quality that almost makes up for the POS that is Cube 2. The acting in general is better and I like the way the story gives us a behind the scenes aspect of the Cube. We get a better picture of who is responsible for the cube and how people are selected to be participants and in the end there is a nice little hommage back to the original.
poisonabsinthe
May 22, 2009
Really good Sci Fi Movie you have to check out all theree this one is the last one it's like a prequel to the first 2
MichelleasaurusRex
January 19, 2008
It was really good, I liked it better than the second one, but I should still see the first one. It was nice that he went in their to save them, but I didn't like how it ended. He should have survived. Saw it twice, not as good as the previous one's.
July 9, 2007
Awesome prequel to 'Cube.' It shows what is happening outside of the cube along with some other much wanted (?) information about what's happening.
December 28, 2008
So Cube 2 is the best of the series. This one did a good job of seeming very raw, but I'm hoping there's a chance to get into more early history. Frankly, I don't think that will happen.
saintboondock1
October 4, 2008
this was diffrent.... it thought outside the box "pun intended" and showed you what makes it tick sure we still dont have a fucking clue why some one made this but its still kinda creepy you can tell the director ernie barbarash got alot of thoughts from terry gilliam's brazil and city of lost children but hey its still fun and makes you think about it and thats what is importent about theses films and in a way i hope to one day see one where you find out who's fucking idea it was for this thing! and maybe he could get trapped inside!
August 4, 2008
Disappointing and not as cheesy as the other Cube movies. There was also a bigger emphasis on story, which (as seen in Cube 2) makes the movie as a whole worse, because these movies aren't supposed to be serious, just dumb fun.
ImmortalDisciple
July 7, 2008
I liked this better than Hypercube. The ending to this was cool in that it's the very beginning of Cube.